Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 06:30 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Shiro

safe zone idea ( don't kill me please :) )

What do you think?   

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

no bambi bubble for you mister

I am inclined to agree.

-1 from me.

No thanks.

I would love to see this happen, but it would take a good deal of work to sort out a working ruleset to protect them. The problem with trying to set something like this up without the rules backing you is that the pvp players don't enjoy rp that isn't THEIR rp. So even if you have 15 guards they will attack it, if they get beaten they will wait for everyone to log off and they will attack it just to destroy everything and ruin everyone's rp. Without rule backing a place like this CANNOT survive more than a week.

Sorry to break all your dreams but we sorta always has safezones back in the day. Settlements ring a bell?

Anyways. I think we should have this because it would open the RP to be more in depth without the fear of "Will he kill/rob me?"

Sorry to say but I've not seen any Trade RP in months.. With very very few exception by a few heroic people who attempted it but everyone is too scared to RP with them with fears of being robbed.

i think that is a good discussion to have, thoughts people?

I was fun back in mod, but not sitting inside... We sat outside the safe zone down the roads and made roadblocks ;)

-1 for me. Safe zones have been made, and issues came with them.

Sorry to break all your dreams but we sorta always has safezones back in the day. Settlements ring a bell?

Anyways. I think we should have this because it would open the RP to be more in depth without the fear of "Will he kill/rob me?"

Sorry to say but I've not seen any Trade RP in months.. With very very few exception by a few heroic people who attempted it but everyone is too scared to RP with them with fears of being robbed.

By all means make a 'safe' trading zone, however, your group defends it, make sure it can prosper and follows the rules it sets. Making a obligatory safe zone in the rules is against the interest of RP in my opinion.

I disagree with any 'no initiation trade zone'. It just limits the PVP that can be had in said specific area.

Fixed it for you.

I will elaborate on my 'no thanks' from earlier - I like robbing people, so no thanks :)

We are over 700 days into the apocalypse, why would you not be afraid of getting robbed? What will be the RP reason this "Safe Zone" is protecting you from robberies and bandits?

This makes more sense for a group I think. In the sense that you try to keep a violence free community going during the apocalypse. But I don't think this should be implemented. It has been brought up before, pretty sure. It is more realistic to keep it the way it is (not saying the game is realistic) just that aspect. I will have to go with a no on this one

By all means make a 'safe' trading zone, however, your group defends it, make sure it can prosper and follows the rules it sets. Making a obligatory safe zone in the rules is against the interest of RP in my opinion.

It is just a discussion heb, no groups are evolved ::) it was just an idea to bring in new kinds of roleplay.

We are over 700 days into the apocalypse, why would you not be afraid of getting robbed? What will be the RP reason this "Safe Zone" is protecting you from robberies and bandits?

I will be honest but you haven't been here long enough. *Shrug*

Back in the day we could at least have more variations of RP in settlements. We had trading, information exchange and arguments without people pointing guns. I'm alright with people being afraid and hostile. Though the RP we are getting now is getting stale sorry. Like as someone who's been here since 2013 I can say the level of RP has gotten deeper, like the quality of the RP is much better. But the variety of the RP has gotten MUCH MUCH shorter. At this stage you won't believe the amount of times I've heard "I'm Bored" or "This RP is stale". One of my main reasoning behind this idea is also that I would greatly appreciate having an RP Hub. If you look at RP on MMOs there is a place people tend to RP in or around like a Cantina. Obviously it's an apocalypse but I would know where I would have to go to find someone. Even if I am just around the area. Like in the first weeks we had Dolina which was a Hub for example, then at some point Severograd and so on. Though Kabanino took more of a hostile approach. Like sure I'm friends with the people who used to own it but I feel like it's more of a ROBBING/HOSTILITY Hub then an RP Hub.

Now for some reasons why people would try to make settlements. I would like all of you to maybe open up your heads and think? Humans, we are SOCIAL creatures. So I'm sorry but if you look at our history we always ended up huddling up in tribes or building villages. If they got destroyed or so we would make new ones. Like sure this is a zombie apocalypse but that doesn't change us as humans. We might be more scared and be more weary when we encounter strangers and allow them in our fold. Though we would still be social because that's what we are as creatures. 

I'll just leave you with this quote:

“Man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. Society is something that precedes the individual. Anyone who either cannot lead the common life or is so self-sufficient as not to need to, and therefore does not partake of society, is either a beast or a god.” Aristotle,Politics

- 1 From me man.

Honestly all this will be is a place where people will talk the most absolute shit as possible and nothing can happen to them due to OOC rules. You want a settlement controlled by a group so initiations are harder to do then go to LIFEs camp hope or Blackwoods Lopatino. You don't need the rules to protect you while you RP honestly.

I got robbed in Camp Hope :))

Apparently, nowhere is safe. Maybe I'll check out that Lopatino.

The idea is great, I'd love to have a safe spot, but, perhaps, not enforced through rules. Like others have said, it would be nice to have people keeping it safe. Actually safe. People who mean something and wont get pissed on by others.

The problem I see currently is, that the locations you have suggested above. Basically border already taken territory by some groups :)

I guess it will have to come with a safe faction that's not very well supplied but has loads of stuff as well to enforce the rules ?

We don't need safe spaces people just need to GIT GUD.

-snip-

I agree with what you said here, Frozen. Although, I don't think it should be a pre-determined area set aside by staff as an entire safe area free from initiations. Perhaps a better approach for the whole situation could be to make a group to do this (as others have stated) and have several groups heavily enforce this. I believe a "safe zone" could be nice, but not 100% where you are IMPOSSIBLE to get initiated on. Just have in guarded by groups, not the rules.

-User was warned for this post-

- User was warned for this post -

Nah, it would be like season 2 of The Walking Dead, boring as hell. Also, all we pretty much got from the safe zone during the mod was people trolling or talking shit because they knew they couldn't be harmed.

Sorry but a big -1 , it just doesnt make sens when you think of it realisticly , why is it a safezone? who is protecting it? it kinda doesnt make sens ic'ly

Just gonna say it how I feel, if you want a safe space, then get the manpower and create it yourself, people shouldn't need to hide behind the rules to pull something off.

The issue with that comes to the fact that there is simple no way to guard a spot around the clock, and the trolls will just sneak in as soon as the so called guards log and wreck EVERYTHING. Like they do EVERY SINGLE TIME. Too many people don't give a shit about rp and only want to destroy everyone else's fun.