Server time: 2017-10-17, 05:56
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Shiro

safe zone idea ( don't kill me please :) )

What do you think?   

118 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I like this idea! lets do it!
    • No i don't like it
    • I have my concerns ( Will state it below ) I don't care.

Shiro    0

65198951.jpg

Dear Community,

After a lot of consideration, i would like to present you with an idea I am walking with for quite some time now.

Foreword:

We are representing a roleplay community.  Where you as a player your choice matters. We give people the possibility to meet each other and tell a story.

With an honest heart, I find that with more time we are progressing in this game and the days are adding up the roleplay is becoming stale.

Many people, including myself, have asked the community for a lore wipe after 742days. While some people were up for the idea, a lot of the community members are just not up for a character reset ( after all the work the put into their character and adventures. and with honest heart i understand you all.)

It made me wonder and I started to think. How could we as a community progress with each other and keep things refreshing?.

We, as a community and the community dayzRP team are not to blame for this. I feel that the development of dayZ is to blame for this with slow development. With the mod, we had so much more. We had scripting, base building, and cars. Standalone is not really having this options.  We do on the other hand have cars (work in progress) and tents, barrels and such.

Still, I feel we have to figure something out. We are not doing any arma3 projects, side projects, Dayz mod projects. We have to work with the tools that we currently have and the name of those tools are. Creativity, innovation, and change.

So because we are not starting fresh here is my idea:

I would like to present a trading area where no initiation is allowed ( what so ever). A real safe heaven for roleplay with groups.

Here is a hub I have in mind.

SummerCampArsenyev_map.png?version=df3eef14f22b47c4ab1bc214eb3d07fc

Summer Camp Arsenievo

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Summer_Camp_Arsenievo

http://imgur.com/a/RuOSQ ( save area people are not allowed to attack )

It has the following things:

SummerCampArsenyev_1b.jpg?version=72e1e99bcf3bf102e4aa19df56223547

2x Civilian Barracks ( for camp roleplay )

MedicalCenter_6b.jpg?version=bb682b2afe42dc9aa084730589ff5037

1x Medical Center ( for doctor/first aid roleplay )

Olsha_5b.jpg?version=6bba67f49f21f757ad64f00a35b4e7a0

1x Water Pump

LogCabin_4a.jpg?version=3d62a0dc877155c4e3ab8124995853a9

1x Log Cabin ( for event roleplay )

Within players and player groups. Players can put their tents up. The could trade with other players. The could do camp roleplay. The could play IRL their guitar or any other musical instrument and the players could enjoy that. Also, it would have room for medic kind of roleplay + I would love to introduce a traveling trader + event caravan. A group of dynamic role players telling stories the roleplayers in this community faced. We could let OOC players send in their rp story the had in-game and the other player could roleplay that out. There is such a lot of great ideas. And I hope you all see this idea as a fresh and positive energy as well.

Of course, it would have strict rules. No baiting, No initiation but fruitful roleplay we could represent towards the outside community. I know it might be a big think to ask, but it could be possible.

Please let me know how you feel about this and if you would like to present this idea. Help out, set up dynamic groups and more. I have contacted rolle about this and he asked me to set up a poll + ask for feedback regarding setting up a place where no initiation is allowed ( what so ever). A real safe heaven for roleplay with groups and players.  Poll will be added. Please don't post it will never happen because the initiation. Think with me how it could work?

I don't know every rule, and how all the ruleplay will work, so please don't shoot the messenger and be gentle?

With high regards,

Shiro

-1 from me.

If you want to make a group surrounded around keeping an area safe and great for trade -- more power to you. I for one am against this idea of a "safe zone" and how it could be abused and just wouldn't make sense, imo.

Rampage    0

Nope. - 1 for me. We did the whole safe zone with TP during mod days and I didn't like it. You should never feel safe in this game.

Beni    860

-1 From me.

Imagine, in real life.. Theoretically nowhere is safe unless you have people surrounding and guarding at all times... It wouldn't make sense, seeing someone who you want to kill and chasing them down to the safe zone where you can't do shit...

Person 1: You killed my daughter, Now I'm gonna kill you!

Person 2(In the safe zone): //lol, in safe zone.

Person 1: //ffs xD

There is just to many bad thing's about it... It dosen't make sense!

A safe zone is possible... If you get LOTS of people to guard it... And then they could say " Any hostilities take it out of the area " But let's be real, no one want's to stay in the same place ALL The time, just standing there guarding it. 

Thumper    0

Sorry Shiro..no to a safe haven. No no no. Nowhere should be safe. Just like in real life. Just because the sign says no guns, does not mean people with guns wont enter. No. Sorry. No.

You want safe, get enough people to make it safe, not a rule to make it safe.

Nihoolious    1248

If you want a safe zone, maintain it yourself. You shouldn't need the rules to protect you when you can do it with people in game.

Cloudy    0

Shiro as much as I love you <3 , this is just a -1 from me.

Even one of the reasons being , what Beni said.

Vic    0

Just because the sign says no guns, does not mean people with guns wont enter.

Ah! American politics! +1 Thump. :3

In all seriousness however, I do agree, no place should be safe.

Krackerman    17

I think it would be a great idea and would possibly spawn more inventive RP by taking the rather clichéd hostile RP out of the picture. Defo worth trying out to see if people take to it. Only problem I see is that the hit logs don't have a location on them do they? That makes it slightly trickier to enforce the rules...

Lewis scott    26

- 1 From me man.

Honestly all this will be is a place where people will talk the most absolute shit as possible and nothing can happen to them due to OOC rules. You want a settlement controlled by a group so initiations are harder to do then go to LIFEs camp hope or Blackwoods Lopatino. You don't need the rules to protect you while you RP honestly.

BenRyan    0

This is still a game. There is no possibility to have enough guards online 24/7 although the Characters might be there IC. Some people have something that is considered a real life, which seems to be forgotten in every discussion here.

Ofc a safezone has abusing potential which had to be lowered to a minimum within the rules but it is simply not possible to "guard" a safezone 24/7.

Nihoolious    1248

This is still a game. There is no possibility to have enough guards online 24/7 although the Characters might be there IC. Some people have something that is considered a real life, which seems to be forgotten in every discussion here.

Ofc a safezone has abusing potential which had to be lowered to a minimum within the rules but it is simply not possible to "guard" a safezone 24/7.

You were never around to see settlements back in the mod so of course you don't believe its possible to keep a safe zone maintained almost 24/7. You had multiple clans running the place guarding it from bandits all day every day. If you have enough dedicated people, anything is possible.

DinoB    20

no bambi bubble for you mister

Lewis scott    26

I only got a few words to say man. Altar.... Castle. We've been making group controlled settlements for the last 3 years. We even had settlements where no one owned them at all. You know nothing Ben Ryan

Hebi Kotei    343

I disagree with any 'no initiation trade zone'. It just limits the roleplay that can be had in said specific area.

If you want a 'no initiation zone' then you set up the trade zone IC with a group or on your own and set the 'law' in the area, establish yourself as a dominant force in the area and enforce this 'law' you aim to create, rather than limiting the ability to have hostile roleplay in the area by the rules, limit it by IC means, stuff that would enforce more RP.

Dishes    159

Gotta agree with Rampage, people shouldn't feel safe. It's an apocalyptic scenario, there isn't supposed to be true safety.

Besides, people set up these semi-safe camps all the time by themselves, I don't see the need for this.

Sasha    0

No. Safezones are absolutely horrible for RP. It lowers the standards immensely, people will act as if they're invincible, same as they already do on radio chatter.

AndreyQ    0

RP is fun because it is unpredictable. Knowing that you will be safe and nothing will happen to you would kill the Rp for me.

Castiel    1124

No. Safezones are absolutely horrible for RP. It lowers the standards immensely, people will act as if they're invincible, same as they already do on radio chatter.

This. ^

I don't want to encounter people acting more invincible than they already do. -1 from me.

Irish    80

As much as I'd love to see it -1

Sorry man :(

Raptor    173

Sorry bud I'm just not feeling this. People could go there after an initiation or when they are on the run and just wait out their timer there. Also bandits will just wait outside the safezone to initiate on people they want to anyways. -1 sorry man

Shiro    0

Alright, guys, it was just an idea, no harm done!. please keep giving your comments and your own ideas, it is all appreciated even if the idea will never happen that is alright! :)

Plank    0

This is a zombie apocalypse roleplay scenario. There should be no safe spaces.

Frozen    45

Sorry to break all your dreams but we sorta always has safezones back in the day. Settlements ring a bell?

Anyways. I think we should have this because it would open the RP to be more in depth without the fear of "Will he kill/rob me?"

Sorry to say but I've not seen any Trade RP in months.. With very very few exception by a few heroic people who attempted it but everyone is too scared to RP with them with fears of being robbed.