Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:24

Sign in to follow this  
Bowser

Miscreated Rules?

Bowser    45

I am posing the question of whether new rules are needed/wanted in the new Miscreated server.

I have read through the new DayZRP rule draft here and have seen the new rules regarding Settlements and how all of that works. I wanted to put forward the idea of a complete new rule set being written up for it. Moulded off of the current one with all the basic DayZRP rules applying, I think a unique set of rules could add a whole new sense of RP to this server.

Personally I struggle to come up with original ideas that show equity and logic at the same time. But an example I read Rolle hint to was the idea of KOS at night time. Obviously this would have to be properly thought out and and logical time-frame for night time would need to be set out but you understand the jist. 

Opinions on whether new rules are needed, and suggestions for new rules would is the whole point of the thread. I am really enjoying the server and the style of gameplay the server provides. I would really like to see this become more then a side project and I'm sure we can make it that.

Shadows    987

I don't see why not have new rules? Different game, different playstyle, different rules. But yeah, they're going to need to be thought out and have some time put into them.

No need for new rules. The current RP rules can transition just fine imo

Bowser    45

I agree. That is probably the easiest option.

Though as Shadow said, this is a whole new game thus a new play-style and I think it would be cool to test new rules that we wouldn't be able to test on the DayZ servers as they are already so set in stone. We could try and implement a sense of fear at night times. Something larger then spooky initiations. Maybe when inside a city at night time it is KOS, or something. I honestly don't know. I am just posting this to spark other creative peoples ideas. xD

I agree. That is probably the easiest option.

Though as Shadow said, this is a whole new game thus a new play-style and I think it would be cool to test new rules that we wouldn't be able to test on the DayZ servers as they are already so set in stone. We could try and implement a sense of fear at night times. Something larger then spooky initiations. Maybe when inside a city at night time it is KOS, or something. I honestly don't know. I am just posting this to spark other creative peoples ideas. xD

How is it a new play style though? At its core it is a post apocalyptic survival game. Its basically the same thing, with a different company making it

Derpy    2

Only thing I could see changing is the lore, but that was already addressed in a prior post. The overall game type is the same so I am going to have to agree here and say they should transfer over to miscreated, or any similar game, just fine. No need to make things more convoluted if the current rules work just fine. As for suggestions for new rules specifically for Miscreated I can't say since I just bought the game, but I'll probably pitch in my 2 cents after I head in game.

Bowser    45

-Snip-

How is it a new play style though? At its core it is a post apocalyptic survival game. Its basically the same thing, with a different company making it

- Proper survival-like base building. For one.

- Fairly small map

There are certainly more differences. Although the idea at heart is similar there is still an opportunity for new stuff. Think about that before just saying no.

It's hard for me to stand behind my own argument as I am also in agreement with you for the most part. The rules work. I just think we have a golden opportunity to explore new rules that may bring a different light to the RP on the server.

As I said before, I don't know.

Personally, I'm a fan of allowing KOS at night. Inside established settlements, however, you would still be required to initiate - just to make sure that there's more RP buildup behind attacks beyond some fools camping up on a hill taking potshots at a place all night. The weather and environmental effects in this game are enough to give off a vastly different atmosphere at different times of the day, and the rules should take full advantage of that fact.

Bizbok    70

Ok, I can agree that the rules should be transferable from Dayz. No need for a complete rule overhaul.

BUT. I do believe things should be added.

-The main one for me, is the no female model problem. If someone approaches you and says they are Emma and have female voice, how are people going to react? I don't know if I'll enjoy role playing in Miscreated because of not feeling fully immersed due to being a girl...

Keira    985

Ok, I can agree that the rules should be transferable from Dayz. No need for a complete rule overhaul.

-The main one for me, is the no female model problem. If someone approaches you and says they are Emma and have female voice, how are people going to react? I don't know if I'll enjoy role playing in Miscreated because of not feeling fully immersed due to being a girl...

That's my concern with Miscreated as well.. The immersion problem with no female models. Hopefully they'll be out very soon.

I mean over half the "female" models in DayZRP currently cover their faces with mask, whats the difference?

Bizbok    70

I mean over half the "female" models in DayZRP currently cover their faces with mask, whats the difference?

Having to wear a mask and choosing to wear one is the difference. Looking at your model and not seeing an obvious female stature is immersion breaking. I did say this was a personal problem for myself I guess their are some who disagree. Each to their own :)

Jetwells    242

Its in the upcoming updates, One of the next ones if i remember rightly. The way I see this is, We are a roleplay community, if you said you were a girl, or i heard a females voice. Your a female. Thats the beauty of it, our imagination. I understand where your coming from though, but imo, I feel its a minor flaw for such a fun game. Ill see if i can dig around and find the information on the female models.

Yes I agree is something that should be in the game as a standard feature but it is plant as confirmed by a dev in August this year. The main issue holding it back being there is alot of work for them to remodel all the clothing items to the female form.

Sign in to follow this