Server time: 2017-08-23, 08:27

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
LoneStarrr

Miscreated Discussion

LoneStarrr    84

First off, I hope I'm all good posting this here. If not, then I'm sure it can easily be erased from existence.

Anyways, on to the point. Now that the Miscreated server is actually up and running, I think it would be useful to start gathering people's initial thoughts and impressions from everything. I personally have yet to hop ingame due to a swamped schedule, but I will most likely when I find time. 

Perhaps the people that have actually been on the server and RPed for a bit can give a little input on what its like. I'm sure this would help quite a lot with the formation of the rules for this project as they are still a WIP and the info will most likely be much appreciated. Seeing as the game is quite different in some aspects from DayZ, the rules will most likely undergo a number of changes in the coming days/weeks. I feel that these changes will most likely be more well received and much more impactful if we get help from those who are actively participating. So, yeah, just go ahead and share your thoughts and opinions below, like I said, I'm sure all of it will be appreciated. 

/discuss

Well, the first thing that needs to be discussed is when the world went to shit. Some people act like it is a few days old, while others act like it has been twenty years. So...Yeah. When did it all end?

The Marshal    351

Ive been lead to believe it's close to 60 years after the SHTF

Ivekef    0

Well considering that in the lore the "current" year is said to be 2089 I am not sure but it is also said that there have been the "Final" war as also stated in the lore which went on for half a century. Within this war there have been the mass use of nukes and other high end kill everything weaponry. After the war the anti-rad vaccine that was made to help people survive the aftermath of all the nukes and other WMDs started turning people into the "Mutants" we see roaming around.

So according to Lore and the in-game look the apocalypse is quite the years into the making. Also I have found crafted weaponry like the

Crafted 9mm Pistol. Imo this wouldn't be something that would pop up early in the Apoc due to the abundance of guns and ammo that should still be in circulation.

So if we go by that the war lasted 50 yrs and the current year is 2089 and the Apoc is at least a few years old due to the mentioning of the need for an anti rad vaccine due to all the left over "dirty" battlefields and isotopes and more science stuff. That and after the war the population was driven down to the 100 million and falling fast. So that the Apoc in terms of the mutants are probably just a few years old at most 5-10 but the "End-War" lasted 50 and the aftermath probably a few years as well.

Bowser    45

Well considering that in the lore the "current" year is said to be 2089 I am not sure but it is also said that there have been the "Final" war as also stated in the lore which went on for half a century. Within this war there have been the mass use of nukes and other high end kill everything weaponry. After the war the anti-rad vaccine that was made to help people survive the aftermath of all the nukes and other WMDs started turning people into the "Mutants" we see roaming around.

So according to Lore and the in-game look the apocalypse is quite the years into the making. Also I have found crafted weaponry like the

Crafted 9mm Pistol. Imo this wouldn't be something that would pop up early in the Apoc due to the abundance of guns and ammo that should still be in circulation.

So if we go by that the war lasted 50 yrs and the current year is 2089 and the Apoc is at least a few years old due to the mentioning of the need for an anti rad vaccine due to all the left over "dirty" battlefields and isotopes and more science stuff. That and after the war the population was driven down to the 100 million and falling fast. So that the Apoc in terms of the mutants are probably just a few years old at most 5-10 but the "End-War" lasted 50 and the aftermath probably a few years as well.

I think this sounds the most logical. The war lasted almost 50 years, wiping most of the population of Earth, leaving only a few and most of them were wiped by the vaccine and turned to violent bloodthirsty mutants. If we are going from the current date then that would make it 33 years since the war had ended and the mutants began attacking people.

I think we just need someone to set out the guidelines of Lore (time wise) and maybe think of some new rules...

BigRig    20

A word of warning to people.. voip attracts mutants.. Lastnight I was chased by 4 regular muties and their big brother for a Km or so.. I was terrified.

But about the lore.. to me it feels longer than a few years had passed since the mutant epidemic. I mean theres plants growing through roads and the amount of damage done inside houses is fairly extreme in some instances. But then we still have diesel fuel that hasnt gone bad. Diesel only has a shelf life of around 2 years but it could be stretched out to 10-12 if its filtered and toss some fuel stabilizer in the can and stored properly.

In reality this game would probably fit between 5-10 years into the apocalypse and not just one or two years in.

A word of warning to people.. voip attracts mutants.. Lastnight I was chased by 4 regular muties and their big brother for a Km or so.. I was terrified.

Not a bad concept tbh, adds more danger to RPing

Species    239

Would you say this game runs better than SA? The only thing I am scared about buying this game is the game not running very well.

LewisUK_    1

Would you say this game runs better than SA? The only thing I am scared about buying this game is the game not running very well.

They fixed a lot of the crashing and freezing issues in the newest update; It runs very nicely on my (fairly old) setup at high :)

You do need a 64 bit OS though. 

(See here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/299740/discussions/0/613940477788296266/ )

Chris    61

Where do i whitelist? Did i miss something? :P

I believe that if you are whitelisted for DayZRP, then you are automatically whitelisted for Miscreated, since they use the same rules.

Raptor    159

Still need more convincing it's worth $20. Graphics look good but is the gameplay good?

mrsiCkstar    2

I'm hesitant to get it because the map size seems pitifully small. I love DayZ's map because it's so vast. You can really disappear into the woods and get a really cool wilderness survival experience far away from anyone if you want. With a small map you won't have that and you'll be tripping over people constantly. At least that's what I'm worried about.

What does the map feel like?

trnc84    0

Still need more convincing it's worth $20. Graphics look good but is the gameplay good?

Well you can always refund it on steam if you don't like it..

The map is constantly evolving with the game. Each new patch usually opens up a new part of the map as well. While its never going to be as big as DayZ, with only 36 player slots, you dont want a big map.

mrsiCkstar    2

I was doing some light research on the map size and found a post from a Miscreated dev that the stable limit for map size, in the version of CryEngine they are using, is 64 square kilometers. It doesn't seem likely that the map will get any bigger. But from what I have seen the map seems to have a really good atmosphere and the attention to detail is also very good.

Game isn't expensive either so I might still give it a go.

BigRig    20

You dont run as fast as you do in dayz so that kinda keeps things feeling bigger than they are.

The map to me is actually the perfect size for the way your character moves and all that. Chernarus has a ridiculous size where you can travel for a fair portion of a day without seeing anyone. Especially so if you stick to the east. In Miscreated's map, you usually find people rather quick when checking cities and the likes.

As for the gunplay...It is pretty alright. Very limited ammunition, so that lends to some choices on whether to engage or not. Kind of like Last of Us.

Fun game, very challenging.

Suppose I'll do a quick rundown.

- Ammo is scarce, as are guns. You've gotta be extremely lucky or extremely persistent to get one with ammo.

- Axes are your friend. Good for killing mutants and chopping wood. Other melee weapons, like pickaxes, are simply better for gathering materials than they are for combat. And a knife is a must, even if not used for a weapon.

- Flashlights and chemlights are a godsend at night. It gets really dark and mutants get a lot more active, it seems. You do NOT want to be caught out at night in the dark.

- Military gear is hard to get, but worth the effort. Vests, helmets, jackets, and cargo pants(camo or otherwise) add more carrying space, or in the case of helmets, gloves, and boots, more armor. Useful.

-Weight system. The game has a working weight limit of 40kg. You cannot exceed it, and as a result, what you can carry is affected by an item's weight. What you wear counts towards the limit. As such, inventory management is important.

mrsiCkstar    2

I've been positively surprised by this game. It's fun. One thing annoyed me, though. They have that same stupid system for gathering rocks as DayZ. The forest is littered with rocks and stones all over the ground, yet you can't pick them up, instead you have to find a pickaxe and hack away at a boulder. It doesn't make any sense.

Had to spend a night holed up in an apartment in a town because of a thunderstorm. It was really cool and atmospheric. In the morning I left town and got attacked by a pack of wolves. I put two .45ACP rounds in each of them and they didn't seem to react at all. I ran out of rounds and had to kill them with my axe. I did get their meat, though, and managed to cook it. Now I don't have to look for cans of food for a while. The campfire sound effects are awesome, as well. The atmosphere in this game is really good no matter the situation.

Ammo is pretty scarce it seems. But weapons can be found. In my first play session on the server, I found a .357 revolver, 3 rifles, a shotgun, a .45ACP pistol and a MK18 assault rifle.

What are the knives used for other than as weapons? Also, does the flashlight ever run out of battery? If not, then I don't really see a need to ever craft a torch.

Krackerman    17

Got a copy and I'm enjoying it so far - like others have said - loot is pretty rare. The best I've found from looting the main airbase is a backpack and a baseball bat.... I'm calling her "Betty" and I've already popped her cherry on a mutants skull.

Niiiiice.

To play the game itself, well it feels weirdly "remote" - like screwing with a condom on or taking a shower in a wetsuit... but the graphics are pretty good. Loving the lighting effects - the 2-3 sec adjustment your eyes need when entering a dark room.. Annoying but very atmospheric.

And of course finally some decent PvE. The mutants are more of a threat than dayz as is the wildlife.

Not actually met anyone else yet on our wee server, fingers crossed though I can find someone before I starve..

From what I have gathered, the better loot is further north. I went to the big city that is north and it was glorious. I found the biggest backpack, plenty of ammo for weapons and a nice vest.

But the best thing that I found in the city was this one building. Once I entered it, I found some nice loot and then I came across a generator that you can get working

I thought this mechanic was amazing and the fact that you can actually have working electricity in this game is amazing. The generator was rather loud though

Helix    35

From what I have gathered, the better loot is further north. I went to the big city that is north and it was glorious. I found the biggest backpack, plenty of ammo for weapons and a nice vest.

But the best thing that I found in the city was this one building. Once I entered it, I found some nice loot and then I came across a generator that you can get working

I thought this mechanic was amazing and the fact that you can actually have working electricity in this game is amazing. The generator was rather loud though

that generator actually powers some lights on the outside that change colour aswell as the elevator inside which takes you to the 9th floor however its currently bugged in this patch.

Their is also a big generator in Clyde Hill and their is also a generator you can start up in the Pinecrest Derby. Havn't seen the one at the Derby yet but would be a cool RP spot. Just let Kala drive and the derby is in full effect.

Sign in to follow this