Server time: 2017-08-20, 19:26

Sign in to follow this  
Hollows

(Moto) Bikers of DayZRP?

Hollows    424

I'm aware there's thousands of peeps in the community, so I'm certain at least a handful of people own motorcycles here.

I'm trying to land a job, but once I get one I'm going to start saving up for a bike. Not sure how much I'm wanting to spend on one, or if I want a Cruiser or Sportsbike, but if you've got a nice set of wheels, post'em here. Would be nice to get a bike thread going, anyway. Not certain if there is a previously existing thread specifically on motorcycles or not, when I looked it up in the search bar I came up empty.

(*Note: Though dirtbikes can be shared on here, try to not make this thread purely about Motocross! It's more or less directed towards legal / street authorized motorcycles.)

Currently I'm looking at the Honda CBR250R from 2013: AApWhTy.jpg

My thing is, I'm trying to find a starter-bike, and actually was looking at the Honda GROM, but I'm not too content with the GROM's size and bike design. It's evident with the CBR I'd get a fender eliminator kit, and a carbon fiber extension on the tailpipe and or add a second (Maybe), and more than likely a kit to tuck the rear view lights in some, so they aren't so snail-eyed looking. Could even resize the windshield and tint it, but I'm not certain. I don't want to drill the resale value of the bike into oblivion with all the customized upgrades I'm considering putting on it when I eventually get my hands on one.

Anyhow, if you're looking to get a bike, already own a bike or just interested in looking at sweet ass bikes, post'em here if you've got'em.

Someday, maybe. But, only bike I'll ever get is a real man's bike, not a sissy bike. 

motorcycle5.jpg

Hollows    424

Someday, maybe. But, only bike I'll ever get is a real man's bike, not a sissy bike. 

motorcycle5.jpg

See, that's why I'm torn between getting a Cruiser/Chopper or a Sportsbike. Because them babies look icy as shit. I'm just a college kid, though, and I believe those cost around 10k or more if they aren't already custom built. Plus I hear Harley's are renown from breaking more often. I'd sure love to eventually get one AND a sportsbike, I just want to not be crushed by insurance or a monthly rate when I do, either.

But, yeah. If I went with Harley, I'd grab a Chopper like that one and look mean as shit doing it. I'd ride the hell out of it, I can promise everyone that much!

-snip-

Yes, back in the day H-D was known as the weekend bike because you would have to spend all week fixing it to ride on the weekend. Not any more though. They are just as reliable as any other bike. But one like that, is considerably more than 10k. More like 25k+.

I can only drive 125cc at the moment but I'm currently saving up for a ktm duke. Gonna work my way up to a super duke :)

When I turned 16 I planned to take the license and take over my brother's bike (he had something similar to the Yamaha YZF-R125, I had no idea what model it actually was). He sold it before I was able to turn 16 though and I didn't have enough money to buy my own bike plus here in Norway you can only drive them for a really short period every year so not really worth it. Maybe when I start earning money I can spend on whatever I please I will buy one. Always wanted to look badass with a bike helmet.

ecuroppvzrq.jpg&h=450&w=728

-Snip-

Just remember, you can ride bikes 24/7 wherever in the world, just don't let the Police catch you. xD

Not if I value my own life D: Roads here are terrible, and winter and rain don't help.

BlackySnacky    31

Got a shitty little 50cc moped (swedish restrictions can go fuck themselves) I tuned slightly to have some more fun on it. It barely pushes 70KM/H so it's not crazy, but as it is so forgiving it's easy to go full hooligan without knowing it. Ate shit on it and broke my arm because I thought I could just full throttle everywhere. That being said, riding is the most fun you can have on a road.

Hollows    424

-Snip-

Don't be a stranger, post a picture if you've got it! Anything anyone has is better than what I've got- I don't own a bike... Yet. My birthday is in April, and assuming I can land a job now, I'm looking to get my first bike before or around April. I'm so excited though, I can't wait.

BlackySnacky    31

-Snip-

Don't be a stranger, post a picture if you've got it! Anything anyone has is better than what I've got- I don't own a bike... Yet. My birthday is in April, and assuming I can land a job now, I'm looking to get my first bike before or around April. I'm so excited though, I can't wait.

Good point! Got some pictures on my laptop.

[attachment=3525]

(chain is awfully loose, been planning on getting that fixed a long time)

[attachment=3526]

Also, good luck on getting the bike man. Ride safe