Server time: 2017-08-22, 22:45

Sign in to follow this  
Slash

Question regarding names.

Question

Slash    84

Okay, so for all I know famous names are not allowed to be used in-game.

Names like

- Micheal Jackson

- Walter White

- Jimi Hendrix

Are not allowed to be used.

Now, I've been poking staff a few times because I saw names like "Alfie Solomons" (Peaky Blinders) and "Hank Schrader" (Breaking bad). 

Although I poked multiple Gamemasters those names were never kicked from the game.

Now I want to ask the following questions

Did the policy of using famous names change? 

And if the policy didn't change then why weren't they kicked?

8 answers to this question

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    758

I remember asking about the Alfie Solomons one but I was just told they have played that character for a while so it's ok.

If you see anyone using a famous name in server, please notify a GM so they can make sure the offenders change it.

We do not allow characters with famous names.

If poking one GM does not work, be persistent and poke more.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    758

If you see anyone using a famous name in server, please notify a GM so they can make sure the offenders change it.

Well I have done previously and nothing was done about it because 'Oh I've seen him on the server before' so it seems to me like if they have gotten away with it for long enough the rule becomes void?

Well I have done previously and nothing was done about it because 'Oh I've seen him on the server before' so it seems to me like if they have gotten away with it for long enough the rule becomes void?

Not necessarily, Dom. Perhaps poking any other member of staff because any member of staff can alert the entire team that an infraction has taken place and it needs to be dealt with.

Poke me perhaps, I'm on the TS almost 24/7.

Slash    84

Not necessarily, Dom. Perhaps poking any other member of staff because any member of staff can alert the entire team that an infraction has taken place and it needs to be dealt with.

Poke me perhaps, I'm on the TS almost 24/7.

But why weren't they kicked last time then? As I clearly alerted more staff members.

Spartan    1023

seen this before quite alot actually, also people with just a first name being on the server 2 hours before they get kicked. Seems like the gm team needs to keep an eye on rcon a bit more

But why weren't they kicked last time then? As I clearly alerted more staff members.

If you alerted more staff members and nothing was done about it, you can gather this information and bring it to an Admin if you feel it's necessary. 

Famous names are not allowed.

Slash    84

If you alerted more staff members and nothing was done about it, you can gather this information and bring it to an Admin if you feel it's necessary. 

Famous names are not allowed.

Okay, thank you for clearing that up MapleMooses!