Server time: 2017-10-23, 21:03
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Sergeant Mexico

Just a random idea

Hey guys so I have an idea for a group and I’m looking for people interested in helping with lore/group thread and just general start up stuff.  The idea of the group is a CDF Colonel who has basically taken his men and become a sort of warlord, most of the group will be Chernarussians with the core of the group being CDF soldiers.  But foreigners will be accepted if they fit the group well, as this is not the standard racist Chernarussian group although im sure there will be characters who dislike foreigners.  The group will be run by the Colonel and his two seconds.  The RP style will try to be unique(at least as far as I’ve seen) where the group will be hostile but not banditry for no reason and sometimes do things that could be considered "good".  For example everything the group does will be to benefit themselves regardless of who gets hurt in the process, if this means selling some slaves to make a political deal or defending a settlement in exchange for reward the group will do it.  I’m hoping to create a group that is unpredictable so that whenever people meet them they aren’t quite sure whats going to happen.  I have a lot of ideas but am not great at creating threads or writing lore so am really looking for some help here. Cheers guys if you’ve got any suggestions as well just drop em below or PM me.

Cipher    0

Seems like a solid idea man but I feel like even though your backstory is pretty interesting, your actions in-game that you've described sound like pretty much like most survivor-bandit hybrid groups out there, including people who run dynamically (not in an official group). To fix this I think you should develop some good group goals and some sort of code of conduct your group can be run on, otherwise it could devolve pretty quickly.

You need anything else, PM me or look through the group threads, I'm sure one of them would be willing to help. Good luck my man :)

I definitely plan to add goals but just thought of this now so gonna work on that, want to talk to any interested people before coming up with definite goals

Frosty    0

Just make sure you guys know how to play CDF characters. Look at Nolan's guide on the forums. If you guys know how to play the characters than I see no issue with the group Idea. Good luck :)

Raptor    190

Drop a story in the Lore and Stories thread. I'm sure you will get plenty of feedback and when you're comfortable with the lore, make a group idea page.

Commissar    119

You may want to check this out. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Nolan-s-Guide-to-Roleplaying-as-a-CDF-Soldier

And this may be a problem too.

Hello, I have a question. What if someone wanted to roleplay as one of the ranks below. I'm assuming everyone in the CDF would know who these men were and if someone had to role play a character with one of these roles, would that cause a problem, or would a CDF soldier IG just go along with it?

I know you briefly touched upon it here with this, but it crossed my mind and was just wondering what community members thoughts were, those specificly who play CDF characters.

Lastly is the ranking system in the CDF. Considering that the CDF is a fictional military, there is little information on its structure. With the linguistic connection in mind, the best military to base your character’s rank off would be the Army of the Czech Republic. When choosing the rank of your character, I would not be tempted by the flashy options of Kapitán or Major or any officer in general - rather keep your man in the rank and file, as most men of the CDF would be. However - should you decide to be an officer, I would suggest being a junior one such as a Poručík or otherwise know how to roleplay with authority.

Brigádní Generál - Brigade General

Generálmajor - Major General

Generálporučík - Lieutenant General

Armádní Generál - General of the Army

A CDF Colonel might be a to high a rank to RP as. If you come across another ex-CDF member IG and tell them your rank and name, technically they should know you but they not go along with it saying that they have never heard of you and think you are lying, I think it would be better if you RPed out just regular CDF soldiers. And to be honest I doubt a Colonel would become a warlord, as that could bring shame to the CDF and his country, even though it is long into the apocolypse. Though I might be wrong. Given the right experiences anyone could become anyone.

I say if it's a group idea you're interested in and think others will too, go ahead with it man. What's the worst that can happen. Sounds like a decent idea to me.

You may want to check this out. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Nolan-s-Guide-to-Roleplaying-as-a-CDF-Soldier

And this may be a problem too.

Hello, I have a question. What if someone wanted to roleplay as one of the ranks below. I'm assuming everyone in the CDF would know who these men were and if someone had to role play a character with one of these roles, would that cause a problem, or would a CDF soldier IG just go along with it?

I know you briefly touched upon it here with this, but it crossed my mind and was just wondering what community members thoughts were, those specificly who play CDF characters.

Lastly is the ranking system in the CDF. Considering that the CDF is a fictional military, there is little information on its structure. With the linguistic connection in mind, the best military to base your character’s rank off would be the Army of the Czech Republic. When choosing the rank of your character, I would not be tempted by the flashy options of Kapitán or Major or any officer in general - rather keep your man in the rank and file, as most men of the CDF would be. However - should you decide to be an officer, I would suggest being a junior one such as a Poručík or otherwise know how to roleplay with authority.

Brigádní Generál - Brigade General

Generálmajor - Major General

Generálporučík - Lieutenant General

Armádní Generál - General of the Army

A CDF Colonel might be a to high a rank to RP as. If you come across another ex-CDF member IG and tell them your rank and name, technically they should know you but they not go along with it saying that they have never heard of you and think you are lying, I think it would be better if you RPed out just regular CDF soldiers. And to be honest I doubt a Colonel would become a warlord, as that could bring shame to the CDF and his country, even though it is long into the apocolypse. Though I might be wrong. Given the right experiences anyone could become anyone.

All good points but i've played many CDF characters and read this guide it is very helpful.  The character idea is that he was always a ruthless leader and the apocalypse has exaggerated that, i don't see how that is a problem, he is from an unstable area of the world and the apocalypse has made it even worse, if he see's a chance for power and has the men to back him up why wouldn't he abuse that power.  I will post a backstory of sorts in the lore and stories section which should explain the idea better than i can here.  Thanks for the feedback though i've been trying to find that guide again :)

Frosty    0

Ya I gotta agree with Lankin a bit. Perhaps you could play as a first or second lieutenant who's commanding one of his platoons that survived? Idk up to you.

probably will end up doing something like that this is just a rough idea to see if anyone would even be interested in the idea, and colonel sounded good at the time

probably will end up doing something like that this is just a rough idea to see if anyone would even be interested in the idea, and colonel sounded good at the time

and also going on a cliche...........its always the colonel that goes mad haha