Server time: 2017-11-18, 23:35

Sign in to follow this  
Zombru

Müller

"Mandell! come here, I want to show you something!" Isabel yelled, a sense of urgency to her voice.

Mandell finished wiping down the plate he had taken from the sink and placed it on the counter before trotting into the living room.

"She's walking honey! Look!" Isabel said with a smile stretching across her face.

Mandell looked down in astonishment to see his own 10 month old baby waddling around the coffee table in the living room.

He looked back up to see the road ahead of him and an English woman with a scarred face. A blue beret sitting firmly atop of her head.

"You alright there, Müller? You kinda spaced out there for a sec, thought you had a stroke or something old man." Hope said, her voice sounding very cheery despite everything that has happened to her.

He snapped out of his trance, hand in his pocket wrapped around the small photo of his wife, daughter, and himself.

"Yes, Hope. I'm fine." He said, his voice quieter than normal.

"Alright. As I was saying, did you ever have kids, Müller?" she said, yet again in her bright voice.

"No." He uttered. The word sounding forced and dull as they continued down the winding road to Stary Sobor.

Part two: Shots Fired

Part three: An Eternal Bond

Part four: Will name later

Part Five: Will also name later

Edited by Zombru

I just got kicked right in the feels Q_Q I'm so sorry!

Pretty good start, Zombru. Excited to see what you make of it, I'll be looking out for this.

I like how the entry is short but still says so much about your character. You captured my attention with this one and I will be waiting for more.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the kind words. I don't really write a whole lot, so I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

I may be writing another later today or tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy! c:

Ayyye man, Raptor likes. I will be following this.

Very deep, great post.

Hope shot her rifle into the air a couple of times. The blast of the bullet drawing the attention of the crowd.

"Now, if you all want to act like children, I'll treat you like children. Everyone in a line, weapons away! You will raise your hand if you want to talk, and if you don't I'll shoot you right here on the spot." Frustration laced her voice, a flush of pink colored her cheeks. She turned to Mack, taking a breath.

"Alright, so we're going to talk about this now, yeah? Mack, what do you want to gain from this meeting?"

"Well, Dr. Pisces, I'd like for your men to learn about mutual respect. They kinda told me to leave and when I did, they followed me a couple hundred meters out of the camp even after we told them to stop." He watched her carefully, the words he spoke had a slight edge to them.

All it took for the situation to go sour was for one man to speak out of turn.

"Why don't you go fuck yourself then, buddy?" said Prospero, almost asking for a fight.

That's when Jake decided that he didn't want to deal with him any more and began punching him.

"Stop!" Dima yelled, but to no avail. Dima shot Jake soon after starting the gun fight between the two factions.

Two bullets hit Mandell in the leg as he watched Mack shot the woman Mack loved in the chest. He limped half way to the clinic before he eventually lost consciousness. 

He awoke in the room of his home in Elektrozavodsk. Almost immediately he found a map of Chernarus filled with red markings; he looked it over for a good while, lost in thought.

"Hey! Wake up!" Müller softly said as he nudged Isabel.

"I think I've figured a way out." He gestured towards a particular spot on the map. Isabel groaned inwardly as she opened her eyes a little to speak with him.

"Oh, not this crazy stuff again, honey." She rolled over as she spoke and closed her eyes again; dismissive.

"No, really! This is actually going to work. I've seen it with my own eyes! The Russians don't have people patrolling the border there for at least a kilometer!" He rushed, pleading with her to listen; almost sounding frantic.

"Then lets get out of this shithole of a country! I can't stay here another minute if I don't have to. If you know this will work, I'll trust you..." She muttered; the tone in her voice showing some sign of fear, but it passed quickly as she spoke.

The family packed up their things immediately and left the next morning; abandoning their car two kilometers from the Russian border and travelling through the trees.

"Halt! What are you doing here?" Mandell turned around to see a group of five men in camouflage jogging towards him.

He ran in fear for his life. He didn't stop to think about what would happen to Isabel and Veronica (who would be at that point 4 years old). As he turned around one last time to look back at his family, he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. They were killed because of his mistake and he could never fix what he had done.

Hopeless, he laid there, bleeding; while he watched the men mercilessly gun down his family. It felt like time had stopped and would never start again, as he watched his wife's body fall to the floor; lifeless. The Russians left, maybe they thought were all dead. Maybe they didn't care and thought that they would be soon.

Mandell swiftly slipped into unconsciousness and woke up just as quickly, in a familiar clinic. Blood surrounded him and he heard wheezing and coughing from the other room.

"What...What happened...?" He said in a weak tone, not feeling the bullet wound on his thigh, but in his shoulder.

"He shot you buddy...He's gone though..." The stranger said, his voice rough and deep with a hidden sadness.

"Leave me, please...I can take care of myself." Mandell grimaced at the dull pain, still lay in a puddle of his own blood.

"Uh...Yeah, of course..." The rough voice said awkwardly, his steps echoing at he shuffled out of the room.

Mandell laid there in his blood for a while, softly sobbing. His heart filled with regret, the grief weighing down on him heavily.

"Why wasn't it me?... Why the FUCK couldn't it have been--" He whispered quietly, interrupted by the door swinging open.

"Are you alri--Why are you crying, Mandell?" Dima said, walking into the room.

"Hurts like a bitch, ya' know." He recovered, wiping the tears away.

"Yeah, stop acting like a bitch and suck it up." Dima said, walking back out of the room.

Edited by Zombru

Good read.

Keep up the cool stories.

Moar!!!! *.*

Love this, keep writing! +1 need more :)

Hey Zombru, add some music to your next entry, it enhances the atmosphere ;)

Hey Zombru, add some music to your next entry, it enhances the atmosphere ;)

I really planned on finding some music for the previous post but I couldn't find anything that really fit well. I'm really picky about things like that though so maybe I should have someone else do it :)

Thanks for the feedback Raptor.

Will be posting another short-ish one soon™

It will probably be posted tonight some time.

Lot's of posts in a row here oops.

Mandell walked down the smooth pavement in the outskirts of Frankfurt with Isabel's hand gripping his own. 

"Isabel, can I ask you something?" He said, stopping on an ornate bridge that overlooked a shallow forest stream.

"Yeah, what is it?" She said, releasing his hand.

He slowly bent to a kneel as he pulled a ring from his shirt pocket. "W-Will you marry me?"

She was speechless as she wrapped her arms around him, repeating one word silently. "Yes"

Mandell waited for her to release him before sliding the ring onto her finger. He glanced up to look into her eyes but found only a lonely cabin sat in the middle of an empty field. A single woman rummaged around inside inside looking for a white gown.

"Hey, Hope. Come here for a second" He shouted, sliding his gloves off and removing the golden band from his hand.

"What is it Mül--What's that in your hand?" Pisces inquired, examining the opulent band held between his fingers.

"Well, I uh...I found this for you and thought that Victor would appreciate it...Your wedding is soon you know." His voice wavered as he finished speaking.

Hope accepted the ring with an embrace as a woman had done once before years ago.

Edited by Zombru

You've managed to capture a reader's attention by keeping the entries short but you still manage to tell such an interesting story while saying so little. You have really proven true the phrase "less is more" and I'm jealous honestly. Keep it up man.

Once again, Zombru. Your writing never fails to amaze me. What a great addition this is right here! Keep this up and once again, I cannot wait to see more from you.

Sign in to follow this