Server time: 2017-08-21, 03:00

Sign in to follow this  
AlphaSizLam

Late night survival runs.

AlphaSizLam    0

I'll say it now. People are going to die a lot quicker in .61.

Imagine late night supply runs turning into a well planned ambush and a trip back to the cold shore. All because you decided to cut through some forest to save time, but instead ran into a pack of wolves or a bear. 

''So what?'' You're probably thinking, followed by ''I'd have a weapon.''.

That might be true. You might even know how to use it. 

However, role-play has shown me that there are times when you're left with nothing, because of getting robed for example. You maybe have a pair of green track-pants... and a can of beanZ. I don't think many people would get out alive encountering a predator in that condition, even if you did try to run (I could be wrong, you could get lucky).

I want to know what people are planning on doing when utterly and completely, caked. 

600x453http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/81/81d4bf63cb06b07a46d91a2ada5fda1a0cee08b478b3c5b5e79b0faecd4cda5a.jpg[/img]

Buddy    849

from what ive gathered, were not going to see bears in .61, just wolf packs and increased zombie density in populated areas.

to answer your question though i dont believe my playstyle will need to change in the slightest :) ill just continue to be light on my feet and avoid high traffic zones. as per being deep in the woods and the wolves.. well.. always keep full awareness of your surroundings and always have an escape route in mind ;)

GreekGodx    120

This is why I am looking forward for the next update. The feeling of fear from not just the infected and the people, but animals as well.

I am probably going to be way more cautious next update. Even when going through forest, because there maybe that chance you might get mauled by a pack of wolves. Maybe wearing more darker clothing may help my chances at night?

The use of stashes maybe as important as ever now.

Dustup    118

TBH from the footage of the wolves I have seen, I don't think there is much to fear.  It looks like you may be able to zig-zag to avoid their attacks, and if you can make it into a town and get in a building, you are probably good to go, as they seem to just do the same animation where they bark at the door and run in 1 at a time, allowing you time to take each one out.  I think that for .61 at least they will probably be more of an annoyance once you are used to them, I hope I am wrong, but that's just the way it looks to me right now.

Raptor    156

*smirks* Wolves? Bears? If you're a super soldier you can deal with any of the above! In all seriousness tho, you are right. People are gonna get screwed so bad by wolf packs and such in the wilderness. You'll be running in the middle of the woods and see a pile of gear on the ground cause that poor sod got eaten by wolves and then you'll realize your next.

Shadows    1010

It'll make it more exciting, I think. You gotta think through your moves more than normal and be extra cautious with what you do. We won't know until we get to try it ourselves.

Hagger    117

I can't wait to be harassed by wolves and bears!

It's gonna be quite a challenge, since I don't carry any guns on my character and he can't sprint (old gunshot wound). I already need to be super sneaky when scavenging in towns so I don't run into any infected. I expect wolves are gonna be even harder to outrun and if the AI is good, the wolves will be sneaking around and hunting for players.

You guys act like your gonna be dodging wildlife left and right, when in reality most places wont have much of it.

Dishes    159

Knowing DayZ, the wolves will probably spawn in towns and have bugged out animations.

Seriously though, if they work properly, it'll be a very different feature to the game which will change a bit of how it's played I believe. I can see it adding a bit of fear back to the game, as well as forcing people to stick to roads more often, which will lead to more encounters with other people.

Noxious    136

Now, I have currently been playing on a server that has hacked into the code of DayZ and has enabled them into the server. On this server it has the new wolves into it and from what I have experienced they are working really well. But, there are some occasions when the wolves do bug out and or go invisible, oddly enough they can kill you while there invisible so GG.

+1 to "yes you are gonna die a lot in .61" lol.

Castiel    1124

It's DayZ, so they'll be buggy and annoying to begin with. But several random invisible wolf deaths later, once they get the AI working correctly - it's gonna be brilliant.

Slash    84

I'm really looking forward to the next patch! It will be awesome running through the woods with some wolves trying to eat my ass! xD

Is this not a standalone discussion btw? :P

I look forward to every patch. DayZ is a great game and will only get better.

Although, I wish they would just release mod support and let others finish it for them

-nvm-

I think wolves will be a nice addition so there's something besides glitchy zombies to deal with and incorporate RP with.

Species    239

How does one counter a pack of wolves? Being in their own pack of "wolves"

I'm calling it now. They add wolves, but for some reason they are bugged and either invisible, or invincible.

As for being left alone in the woods with wolves...Well...Some people know me as Iron Fist, so I guess I'll punch them out if I can.