Server time: 2017-10-18, 22:09
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
bazar23

Bad RP

bazar23    2

Last night I complied and completely followed what they asked of me, until I couldn't take it anymore. I get when your in a big group of 15 plus you need to look all tough. But the RP was so bad. I asked "where are you taking me..?" no answers. I asked "why are you taking me?" was told to "shut the fuck up" Then I Every second word I was called a bitch / Cunt / Whore.. Now i get your character might be uneducated due to the fact that it's the apocalypse, but being called that for an hour as a woman was getting a little redundant and there is only so much a person should have to listen to. Plus there are way better words in the English language to talk to someone where you can have a conversation. Which then can generate some form of RP. There were a few men that I tried to RP with in this hold up but because there being so many people you couldn't have a conversation anyways. Just to get out of this bad insulting RP the only thing I could do is start talking back so they would shoot me. Which was said a bunch of times anyway.. "if you don't shut up I'll Shoot you"  It wasn't fun it was one sided RP and it was degrading.

Burgz    6

Make a report! :)

It's good to discuss things, but when it's a rule-break you should post a report about the situation, then it can be moderated properly and evidence etc posted.

Do you have any evidence? (video?)

bazar23    2

Make a report! :)

It's good to discuss things, but when it's a rule-break you should post a report about the situation, then it can be moderated properly and evidence etc posted.

Do you have any evidence? (video?)

I talked to admin earlier today, he said to post here.

No, no video.. i just want people to be aware to be a little bit more mindful. And to try to have a conversation instead of just one-sided.

Cow    0

I too would suggest making a report, if you can provide evidence of rules being broken.

Unfortunate as this is it still happens within the community.

Boston    772

Being consistently told to shut up can be considered BadRP if there's no valid RP reason for it (ie there's someone outside, etc.). So that is a rulebreak if they continuously did it.

As far as the bitch/whore stuff, it really is situational. Not that it's really good roleplay, but it's not rule-breakingly bad either. If it was trolly (ie calling you bitch whore and that's the only two words for an hour straight) than it's report worthy, but other than that, ruining your hostage's morale is a torture tactic.

If you feel a rule was broken, I'd advise creating a report.

Lyca    779

Hey there!

When you feel that a rule was broken just report it. :)

To tell you constantly to shut up I also would consider it badRP because it literally destroys the RP.

Cow    0

Being consistently told to shut up can be considered BadRP if there's no valid RP reason for it (ie there's someone outside, etc.). So that is a rulebreak if they continuously did it.

As far as the bitch/whore stuff, it really is situational. Not that it's really good roleplay, but it's not rule-breakingly bad either. If it was trolly (ie calling you bitch whore and that's the only two words for an hour straight) than it's report worthy, but other than that, ruining your hostage's morale is a torture tactic.

If you feel a rule was broken, I'd advise creating a report.

Constantly telling a hostage to shut up is denying RP and lets be honest that is what we're all here for so with the hostage takers shutting down any and all avenues for RP is detrimental to everything this community stands for.

Hagger    117

It is the responsibility of the captors to provide enjoyable RP to both parties.

If you take hostages, please allow the to speak. Nobody wants sit silently for 15 minutes when his/hers captors silently rummage through their equipment. Being a tough guy who takes captives is one of the most difficult form of roleplay to pull off. You need to make sure that your captive is also having a good time.

If you ever feel like that roleplay is turning abusive or not enjoyable make a report. If you are in doubt PM staff member on join helpdesk, we are always able to help. But I see you already talked about this with an admin. Don't let this experience to stop you from roleplaying!

Sasha    0

It is the responsibility of the captors to provide enjoyable RP to both parties.

If you take hostages, please allow the to speak. Nobody wants sit silently for 15 minutes when his/hers captors silently rummage through their equipment. Being a tough guy who takes captives is one of the most difficult form of roleplay to pull off. You need to make sure that your captive is also having a good time.

If you ever feel like that roleplay is turning abusive or not enjoyable make a report. If you are in doubt PM staff member on join helpdesk, we are always able to help. But I see you already talked about this with an admin. Don't let this experience to stop you from roleplaying!

Nah. It's the responsibility of both parties to provide enjoyable rp. It's the responsibility of both parties to allow enjoyable rp to be had. Meaning no side should shut it down. Instigating party should not take away the ability to rp from the victims, and the victims shouldn't refuse or shut down any attempts to rp. Rp is a two way street.

Billy    0

If I'm not mistaken this was the thing with New Moon yesterday, I understand that what they were calling you was kind of fucked up but it's the apocalypse, it's not gonna be flowers and Daisy's the whole time. And if it really bothers you then just tell them ooc. I was also a part of this hold up and I thought the RP was pretty good, even though multiple body parts were cut off. ;)

Thumper    0

Sounds like common hostile Roleplay to me. Things said in character shouldn't be taken personally. Sounds like you need to work on separating the two so you can have a more wnjoyable experience. I don't agree with telling you to shut up. That should only be done if you are belligerent or acting unrealistic to the situation at hand.

This seems like normal hostile RP. If it wasn't enjoyable I would talk to them about it and if you feel like a rule was broken, just file a report.

Diamond    0

Useless thread. You will get the same response over and over. If a rule was broken make a report. But seems normal to me but hey I'm a bandit so lmao. Seperate your character and your irl self. No one is actually calling you a whore or anything. So the degrading thing is invalid too. Sounds like run of the mill hostile rp to me.

Hagger    117

Nah. It's the responsibility of both parties to provide enjoyable rp. It's the responsibility of both parties to allow enjoyable rp to be had. Meaning no side should shut it down. Instigating party should not take away the ability to rp from the victims, and the victims shouldn't refuse or shut down any attempts to rp. Rp is a two way street.

Yes, that is true. I forgot to add that to my earlier post since this was about captors providing bad RP.

Prisoner should show appropriate fear and obedience towards his captors and not shut down everything through OOC chat. We are all here to enjoy roleplay, let us provide enjoyable roleplay to eachother.

Ami.Knight    9

Useless thread. You will get the same response over and over. If a rule was broken make a report. But seems normal to me but hey I'm a bandit so lmao. Seperate your character and your irl self. No one is actually calling you a whore or anything. So the degrading thing is invalid too. Sounds like run of the mill hostile rp to me.

If THIS is run of the mill then perhaps you shouldnt be a bandit. Not only is doing nothing but telling your hostage to shut up bad rp, but doing nothing but calling them names the whole time is easily trollish rp. Unless ere ands good ic grounds for them to be treating you this way. (And no BEING a bandit is NOT good IC reason.) Sorry you didn't get vid of it hun.

Diamond    0

If THIS is run of the mill then perhaps you shouldnt be a bandit. Not only is doing nothing but telling your hostage to shut up bad rp, but doing nothing but calling them names the whole time is easily trollish rp. Unless ere ands good ic grounds for them to be treating you this way. (And no BEING a bandit is NOT good IC reason.) Sorry you didn't get vid of it hun.

Given your history of posts like this, i won't comment. You should read things more carefully tho, cuz I didn't say I do that. Lmao ;)

Ami.Knight    9

Given your history of posts like this, i won't comment. You should read things more carefully tho, cuz I didn't say I do that. Lmao ;)

It doesn't really matter if you do it, you clearly approve of it, and that is part of the problem. If you'd like, i could take shots at your "history of posts too." Keep it on topic.

Diamond    0

It doesn't really matter if you do it, you clearly approve of it, and that is part of the problem. If you'd like, i could take shots at your "history of posts too." Keep it on topic.

Ouch Charlie , feels bad man and thank you moderator ami

Goku    63

Honestly (and I know it is repetative) make a report if you feel a rule break has been made. I can't say we'll find any, but if one of them happened to be textrping and repeatedly said 'shut the f**k up' and it is shown in the logs then we'll see it.

As for the hole name calling stuff, if you had this done for an hour straight with nothing but insults then I feel sorry for you. People in this community should know by now that Role play should be enjoyable by both parties and if it isn't then they aren't RPing correctly. Whenever I've had a hostage I always do my very best to make it enjoyable for them. Because the way I see it is if you provide a hostage with brilliant hostile/torture rp then they will respond with brilliant hostage rp.

I hope this doesn't ruin your entire RP experience here.

Dustup    124

There are times when you take someone hostage and really do need to tell them to STFU, but even then, this should be for a good reason and only be for a very short period of time unless* you are about to go into a 1/2 hour monologue about how edgy, bad-ass, and awesome you (think) you and your buddies are (*sarcasm for anyone who didn't pick up on that), then you definitely need that silence from your hostage .

In terms of the language issues you raised, THIS post here, for the most part had some pretty good points about taking people hostage and constantly swearing at them/degrading them, and I think the many constructive points made in that thread are still relevant.

Last night I complied and completely followed what they asked of me, until I couldn't take it anymore. I get when your in a big group of 15 plus you need to look all tough. But the RP was so bad. I asked "where are you taking me..?" no answers. I asked "why are you taking me?" was told to "shut the fuck up" Then I Every second word I was called a bitch / Cunt / Whore.. Now i get your character might be uneducated due to the fact that it's the apocalypse, but being called that for an hour as a woman was getting a little redundant and there is only so much a person should have to listen to. Plus there are way better words in the English language to talk to someone where you can have a conversation. Which then can generate some form of RP. There were a few men that I tried to RP with in this hold up but because there being so many people you couldn't have a conversation anyways. Just to get out of this bad insulting RP the only thing I could do is start talking back so they would shoot me. Which was said a bunch of times anyway.. "if you don't shut up I'll Shoot you"  It wasn't fun it was one sided RP and it was degrading.

Stuff like this happen all the time, its either because they were 15+ like you said, and they were possibly in teamspeak, and i have my own personal experience of what ooc chat in ts can do to in game events, its still not excused in any kind of way, so make a report, fight don't let this go, badrp is a rule break, too bad you don't have video proof, but the absence of text rp, when they took you, might prove it as a badrp from the logs.

Sorry for that event happening to you.I am not gonna say that people in the future won't do it again, because they will, and its quite sad.

Nihoolious    1248

Guess I have to check the general discussion every time we rob someone now. We there was 12 of us and we only wanted Niko Holiday but we weren't taking any chances so we took everyone. The instructions were clear, don't give lip and be respectful but you acted like a bitch the whole time. I also think its funny you shit talk our rp saying it was bad when you purposely got yourself killed, clear value for your life there.

Being an asshole is not Bad RP. If you are taking in character remarks OOC then maybe you shouldn't be playing here.

Raptor    173

Like what Cow said, telling someone to constantly shut up during hostage RP to the point it is not enjoyable for the hostage is bad RP. If I were you and knew the people, I would make a report.

Guess I have to check the general discussion every time we rob someone now. We there was 12 of us and we only wanted Niko Holiday but we weren't taking any chances so we took everyone. The instructions were clear, don't give lip and be respectful but you acted like a bitch the whole time. I also think its funny you shit talk our rp saying it was bad when you purposely got yourself killed, clear value for your life there.

Being an asshole is not Bad RP. If you are taking in character remarks OOC then maybe you shouldn't be playing here.

Haha, so it was Izaak, and i know how Izaak is, i still have nightmares with that marriage thing, but if what Nihoolious said here is true, you really shouldn't be the one talking, in this case they had more than a reason to insult you in various ways, im sorry it ended badly for you, but you shouldeve said that you were disrespectfull to them aswell, don't start a flame war on the forums without giving all the details.

PS:From my experience with Nick Wilde here, he is not a bad roleplayer at all, trust me, i had two "experiences" with him, one bad and then one good.He did not dissapoint.

+1 for Nihoolious here.

Yeah i am the one who executed you that night and the only reason i did it was because you were talking mad shit, you kept throwing insults and we threw them back, and when you would not shut up with the shit talk i said if you keep talking shit i would kill you, and your exact words after that were "Fuck your Face motherfucker" and that's why you got a round of 12 Gauge to the face to be honest, it was not BadRP because we were talking to you the whole time, it was you getting shot because your character didn't know when to shut the fuck up. Just being honest.