Server time: 2017-10-21, 06:43
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Wumby

Positive Please

Wumby    0

Lately there have been a lot of threads raising concerns with how the community is ran. Lots of staff shaming as well as outburst threads. There are lots of people who keep repeating how this community is terribly ran and things should change. 

On this thread, tell everyone something positive about why you're still here then? Of course there is already a thread about "what make you stay" but lets get a little more specific. 

This is mainly targeted at the people who seem to have such a huge problem with everything thats been going on lately. And of course others can chime in and give their personal thoughts as well. 

Ill start

Im still here because I like to roleplay, and even more, I like to roleplay on DayZ. Although I very much enjoy the forums, the actual game is what keeps me here, as well as the people I play it with. People who are here to play keep me here. 

Randle    931

Eh, I'm here because I have a few friends that I like to roll deep IG with.

I think it's more the people that keep me here than the game.

Shoutout to that Randle guy he's pretty cool.

Faith    732

I'm here because my friends I've made make me laugh to the point where I can't breath. I love 'em for that :)

Papa Tachanka    47

I'm here because roleplay and I love many many people in this community. Including you wumby <3

Melvin    84

I'm here because it is a form of escapism from stress as I made many great friends in the community and staff. Unfortunately, a large group of said friends just packed up because of the drama. But I still come here because of the ones who stayed.

I also come because I wish to be lucky enough to help that next guy who would become roleplayer of the year 2017. :troll:

Wumby    0

I'm here because roleplay and I love many many people in this community. Including you wumby  <3

hell of a guy Chief, hell of a guy

Frosty    0

Just like Hope said. Good friends, and laughs. That's what life's about, and why I stay in the community. Role play became stale a while ago, but I still enjoy it.

Vic    0

Friends at this point is about the one of the three reasons I stay around and haven't made a leaving thread yet. which the 2/3 of my friends leaving, I'm kinda not seeing a great reason to stay. But I still got 1/3 I suppose. So i'll try to stay optimistic.

Love Nectar    38

I am here because there are many people in this community who were very welcoming and kind to me, making me feel part of the community which is the best thing you can do to keep people in my opinion :)

Deegan    162

I'm here because of Roleplay and I love my friends that I've made in the community.

Cipher    0

I stay because there are so many creative visions I have for events and groups and lore and stuff that I want to try out. I also stay because of the massive amount of great people I've met in this community. Actually getting in-game every day has become a chore and that's why I've taken a little bit of a break from actually doing that while I flesh out some ideas and stuff for the community and hopefully my spark can come back with that.

I think you do have to admit that there is a fair amount of fuckery going on atm, with many people becoming disenfranchised with the way things are, with accusations and suspicions and snaking running rampant I can see why people want change.

Rory    1576

I disagree with a lot of things going on at the moment, or things that have been going on. 

But I just try to forget about all that shit and just hang out with friends and stuff. Taking a break from Ingame at the moment because I find the RP stale and boring lately, but I made a lot of friends here and thats my main priority.

Cid    333

I'm still here because at heart I love this community and it has given me something that I wouldn't have if I wasn't here at one part in time. The role play is nice as well, I've had so many great moments here in this community and that is the light that keeps me here. I'll gladly wait for the community to smarten up and soft through the shit that is drama.

Randle    931

Friends at this point is about the one of the three reasons I stay around and haven't made a leaving thread yet. which the 2/3 of my friends leaving, I'm kinda not seeing a great reason to stay. But I still got 1/3 I suppose. So i'll try to stay optimistic.

I still love you Vic/Montanez.

Wumby    0

I stay because there are so many creative visions I have for events and groups and lore and stuff that I want to try out. I also stay because of the massive amount of great people I've met in this community. Actually getting in-game every day has become a chore and that's why I've taken a little bit of a break from actually doing that while I flesh out some ideas and stuff for the community and hopefully my spark can come back with that.

I think you do have to admit that there is a fair amount of fuckery going on atm, with many people becoming disenfranchised with the way things are, with accusations and suspicions and snaking running rampant I can see why people want change.

Why does the fuckery of a few memers rip you apart though? Because thats what all this is, a giant meme. When I see someone say on a thread

"This is a huge injustice in this community and must be stopped"

All I do is laugh a bit because theres no way they typed that with a straight face. Plus, this is the internet, if you dont want "fuckery" to happen, shut off your computer. 

To respond to you saying "people want change" 

Ya know what the best change could be for those people? A new website. 

Now, back to the positive vibes.

Post    0

I like to RP in a post-apocalyptic setting, and this is the best place for it. I believe there's a lot that can be improved upon. Rules I don't care much about, but the story and setting is more important to me for sure.

Mr. night    4

Basically roleplay. the only reason I ever came was to actually to "live" in the apocalypse, hopefully one day people will realize this is a dark gritty world and not a social gathering but aye ill still play :)

Here because this is the only normal running RP community that exists, even compare this one to other communities from other games, The best.

Mature, Fair, Friendly, Accepting.

RP.

Cipher    0

Why does the fuckery of a few memers rip you apart though? Because thats what all this is, a giant meme. When I see someone say on a thread

All I do is laugh a bit because theres no way they typed that with a straight face. Plus, this is the internet, if you dont want "fuckery" to happen, shut off your computer. 

I love that response. "If you don't like it, then leave" is such a cop-out. The reason people haven't already up and gone is because there is so much else that is great with the community, and the people complaining and asking for change just would like to see their great community become just a bit greater. I don't know why that's such a laughable thing. Not to mention that this is the one of the very, very few places to get good RP in DayZ. It's the same argument with cable companies in certain parts of America, where customers loathe their cable company but it's the only thing they can get in their area. Basically the same thing with RP communities in DayZ, as funny as it sounds - this is one of the only places that is reliable. People ask the question "If you don't like it, then why don't you leave?" because they already know there's no good response because there's nowhere else to go. I don't know why it's such an issue to some people that certain members that care wholeheartedly about this community take to the forums and try to ask for change, and get shut down or straight-up ignored by other members that believe that the best way to go about it is to pretend like it doesn't exist.

I mean, yeah, this is an online roleplaying community for a video game so I guess it doesn't matter that much, but some people do care about this community that they've been playing on for years very much and that's why we have all of this drama at the moment - because they see problems and they want them addressed.

To answer your question directly to me - no, the "fuckery" of a few memers doesn't rip me apart specifically, that's why I'm still here, aren't I?

Sorry for derailing your thread with my negativity, I'll let you get back to the positive vibes

Wumby    0

I love that response. "If you don't like it, then leave" is such a cop-out. The reason people haven't already up and gone is because there is so much else that is great with the community, and the people complaining and asking for change just would like to see their great community become just a bit greater. I don't know why that's such a laughable thing. Not to mention that this is the one of the very, very few places to get good RP in DayZ. It's the same argument with cable companies in certain parts of America, where customers loathe their cable company but it's the only thing they can get in their area. Basically the same thing with RP communities in DayZ, as funny as it sounds - this is one of the only places that is reliable. People ask the question "If you don't like it, then why don't you leave?" because they already know there's no good response because there's nowhere else to go. I don't know why it's such an issue to some people that certain members that care wholeheartedly about this community take to the forums and try to ask for change, and get shut down or straight-up ignored by other members that believe that the best way to go about it is to pretend like it doesn't exist.

I mean, yeah, this is an online roleplaying community for a video game so I guess it doesn't matter that much, but some people do care about this community that they've been playing on for years very much and that's why we have all of this drama at the moment - because they see problems and they want them addressed.

To answer your question directly to me - no, the "fuckery" of a few memers doesn't rip me apart specifically, that's why I'm still here, aren't I?

Sorry for derailing your thread with my negativity, I'll let you get back to the positive vibes

Its not a cop out man, this is an internet gaming community. If you dont like. leave. Its that simple. This isnt some super serious thing that would make that qualify as a "cop out". 

DayZRP is never going to pm you and say "its not you, its me". People are acting like this is a huge relationship. DayZRP wont become depressed and lay in bed all day because someone leaves because they "dont like it". Trust me, you wont hurt Rolles feelings.

Cipher    0

-snip-

Its not a cop out man, this is an internet gaming community. If you dont like. leave. Its that simple. This isnt some super serious thing that would make that qualify as a "cop out". 

DayZRP is never going to pm you and say "its not you, its me". People are acting like this is a huge relationship. DayZRP wont become depressed and lay in bed all day because someone leaves because they "dont like it". Trust me, you wont hurt Rolles feelings.

I don't really think you read my previous post fully. People who come here like to RP. There is no other good place for RP on DayZ at the moment, therefore people stay.

Listen man I really don't want to argue with you, like you (and I, if you read my post before replying) said this is an internet gaming community and it's not really that serious. All I'm saying is that I see where others who have left or who are thinking about leaving are coming from.

Okay positive vibes from here on out my dude 40x39Exotic_Pink_Flower_PNG_Clipart_Picture.p [/img]

Buddy    1066

[align=justify]ehm... im here because i have an obscene obsession with fishing and throwing them at giving them away to my fellow survivors when i would otherwise be probably bopped on the back of my head witha  shovel if i was still doing this in pubs like before :D

[align=justify]on a more sincere note :P

[align=justify]its the people; its the environment. i like that a person can come here with that piece of mind, knowing that they can be who and whatever they want and its actually socially accepted by the people around them. thats rather hard to come by nowadays if you know what i mean. people are for the most part, genuine and happy to roleplay with each other. if by some chance you do happen to find a bad seed in the mix then there's a dedicated staff team who always has our backs; continuing to do what they do best to provide a clean, safe and enjoyable gaming environment for us, the community members. not to mention that this place is a fantastic escape from reality where you can just lose yourself for hours on end. i think that's one of my favorite perks ^_^

on a final note, i dont exactly see myself as a "social butterfly" - despite that, i have indeed made some very good friends in my time here. most of which are far closer to me than some of the ones i have RL. i for one am incredibly thankful for that.

jerjer    1

Im am still here ( from 2013 ) because dayzRP gave me the most exciting and intance game experience.

You start to care about what you have created and the people that you have meet, so you will protect these at all cost.

That is why I keep playing the relive these moments.