Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:56
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Albardin

Australian Servers

Albardin    0

[align=left]How about getting Australian servers and/or showing them on your home page?

[align=left]It would help players from New Zeland, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Singapore as well as Australia.

Ramon    360

We had this question/discussion/suggestion already a couple of times.

On DayZRP there are not many players from those countries.

And the servers are not even that full anymore.

So I will give this a -1.

Castiel    1124

Pretty sure DayZ has no Australian servers.

Lil_Beefy    0

Chill ramone

Casteel is correct

The DayZ servers that are supposedly Australian are actually hosted in California, US. Either way, there really isn't an issue in regards to how ping affects the gameplay.

Raptor    174

I'm pretty sure not alot of people would play on them due to most of the player base being in NA or EU. Plus, right now we're lucky to have two full servers during the weekend when people don't have work.

GreekGodx    148

Although there are some members in the community that come from this side of the world. There is just not enough of them that we can dedicate a whole server towards. I know some of them do not mind the ping as they can still at least roleplay without to much of a problem.

Bowser    53

Personally from Aus I would also give this a -1.

There are hardly enough Australasian members. All of which are mostly Australian.

From prior experience I've met about 3-4 out of 20 Australians that change there accents to something else.

Now explain to me why in a country just south of Russia there would be a time of day where the only accents you hear are beer belly'd aussies.

Would be awkward as fuck RPing with only Aussies. Anyway. That's my two cents.

That said I still wouldn't mind having less than 200 ping.

Eagle    409

If there were 60+ Aussies that could fill it at all times sure.

Ender    638

I think having an Australian server would be more hassle than its worth Our two servers we have right now barely fit max and when one is full there's more than enough room on the other server for players so a third server would be irrelevant as it would be splitting up the amount of RPers per server exponentially and RP is all about player interaction. S3 would gain around 8 to 15 players max and would be used mainly to loot up and go rp on the bigger servers That's the reason S3 was shut down in the first place

Now we could switch one of the servers we already have over to Australia which could be beneficial but only to a small number of players as we dont have NEARLY enough Australian members to consider it reasonable to have a server dedicated to that Small amount of RP'ers 

(edit: Apparently Aus DayZ servers dont exist anyway so Rip that)

I've never actually had a problem with Ping Its never affected me before and I've players sometimes from up to 500 ping (thanks time warner cable)

^ This. And there's not a large enough Aussie player base to make it worthwhile, I feel like. Everyone else's ping wouldn't be great.

-1 from me

Oliv    1881

I could have sworn Gaming Deluxe has an Australian server, but it's more expensive than any of their other servers. That extra cost, it didn't make sense when we could get one on the west coast US for less and would still net better performance than the east coast US or EU ones.

Koala Kozak    13

Yeah, as most others are saying, It doesn't matter really that the servers are EU and US, because it doesn't really affect us, sure there will be lag at times, but usually everyone on the server will experience it, unless it's just your internet being bad. I don't really know, all i can say it, Nah mate, because i'm happy with 2 servers, just can't wait for that Server waiting list so you're not spamming the server list trying to get on for about an hour and everytime you see a slot, within 2 seconds someone's got it. Only problem with being in Aus with our net, is that the servers don't pop up in a milisecond like our low ping Aus servers, that's the Only problem.

Edit: The only Bloody servers in Aus are shit ones people think are going to be good, if all these hosts took down their servers, there would be much less shit to wade through to find good servers (jk lol what good servers?). Besides, Pipsi is basically the only AUS server anyone plays on, and it's all just bantering Aussie newspawns, way too many Non english speakers close to AUS in the servers that aren't pvp (that don't have the title "PVP" boi, but honestly they're all pvp in disguise, only difference is when you try killing someone in pvp they don't bitch about how you're making the game less fun.), which makes it hard to communicate.

Anyway, all Aussie servers are cancer. except the one that had a MOTD that said "You feel the zucchini in your bag start vibrating".

Melvin    84

I actually created a thread like this a year ago. Our playerbase for australian players are not big enough and to be honest, the extra ping that we experience aren't really that impactful on our overall gameplay anyway.

Alex    465

wut?

But yeah nah nah nah mate, as an Australian there's about a dozen of us and our grandma playing on this server, not worth a server. Maybe if the influx rises again and we get S4 we could make it Aussie.

Mental    0

I actually created a thread like this a year ago. Our playerbase for australian players are not big enough and to be honest, the extra ping that we experience aren't really that impactful on our overall gameplay anyway.

I mean, it kinda is, if you go on a server with low ping you'll see the difference, especially with a game that's already laggy and desync-y by default.

As an Aussie player, I'd love an aussie server, but apart from the fact it won't get much traffic, Australian servers run like crap.

Asriel    0

I mean, it kinda is, if you go on a server with low ping you'll see the difference, especially with a game that's already laggy and desync-y by default.

As an Aussie player, I'd love an aussie server, but apart from the fact it won't get much traffic, Australian servers run like crap.

Aussie servers are also a lot more expensive.

Mental    0

That too. Man we deal with a lot of crap :D

Rolle    2941

Not a lot, the Australian server is 7€ more per month than the other ones. It's hosted in Melbourne. 

When we actually have a player base to support 3 servers, I would totally be for a setup of 1EU, 1US, 1AU. But right now a third server is not needed. We're probably gonna need it once 0.61 releases.

Asriel    0

Not a lot, the Australian server is 7€ more per month than the other ones. It's hosted in Melbourne. 

When we actually have a player base to support 3 servers, I would totally be for a setup of 1EU, 1US, 1AU. But right now a third server is not needed. We're probably gonna need it once 0.61 releases.

That's a lot of money to Australians like me.

Either way an Australian server would be great.

Mental    0

Wait, you'd actually do it?

Hot damn, time to advertise bois.

GaryCash    33

What kind of ping do aussies / New Zealanders get on our servers? I'm curious what the reverse would be for people trying to connect to those servers in Melbourne

Does this mean the server would have fosters in place of Rasputin?

Noxious    136

As an Australian, having a server that is quite near by would be awesome. Better ping would lead to better game play and roleplay.

But, even though I'm on the other side of the world, the servers that are provided have great bandwidth. In which allows for people like me to have little to no lag when doing things in game.

I +1 this idea mainly on the fact I would love to have a server nearby, but I feel as though its a waste of money as the community is mainly made up of Americans and Europeans

Mental    0

What kind of ping do aussies / New Zealanders get on our servers? I'm curious what the reverse would be for people trying to connect to those servers in Melbourne

Does this mean the server would have fosters in place of Rasputin?

EU I personally get 320-380, US its roughly 220-250.

Normally its tolerable, noticeable but tolerable. The real affect comes when you get into PvP, at least for me. That's when the ping really starts to be a hassle.