Server time: 2017-08-20, 11:55

Sign in to follow this  
BaronVonGrumble

server lag

hi was wondering if we could get server restarts every 6 hours rather than 12 hours to possibly solve the server lag

I play a lot of hours on S2, and I notice, that around 21-22h server time, it get worst eveytime.

Back to the hold S2 EU, we had a 8 hours restart rotation for some reason, and I talked about it with Rolle, it wasn't intentional, but the server was working better. 

It would be worth a try, 8 hours, or 6.

DarkSide    230

I mean I don't see why not. +1

Keira    1030

I wouldn't mind this, +1

I wouldn't mind this, +1

Vorobye    34

+1. I'd settle for 6 hours, doesn't harm anyone.

Dishes    159

I honestly don't think it'll do much, DayZ servers are just crappy. A lot of lag actually comes from all people's tents, barrels, and farm plots that scatter the map, and nothing will fix that but a persistence wipe.

I honestly don't think it'll do much, DayZ servers are just crappy. A lot of lag actually comes from all people's tents, barrels, and farm plots that scatter the map, and nothing will fix that but a persistence wipe.

So, during 6-7 hours we have no problems, and suddenly we had some for the last 3-4 hours before restart.

They amount of Tent, barrel and stuff didn't change during these hours.

We were in playing, getting much lag, server restart, and no more problems. 

If you don't think it will not change anything, you don't play long enough. 

We got a restart at 22h server time, and for 3 hours, server full, no lag, nothing. 

Did the tent and barrel disappeared ?

Dishes    159

So, during 6-7 hours we have no problems, and suddenly we had some for the last 3-4 hours before restart.

We got a restart at 22h server time, and for 3 hours, server full, no lag, nothing. 

I don't know much about the inner workings of the game, I just know that having a ton of tents, barrels, and farm plots generate a ton of lag on the servers. This is why we had a persistence wipe a little while ago, to get rid of a bunch of the farm plots that were just everywhere. Not saying restarts don't help, just saying I think there will still be lag. Again though, don't know much about how the inner workings of the game work.

GreekGodx    120

I can agree with 6-8 hour restarts.

May help keep the lag down just a little so it won't completely ruin people's experiences in-game during those final hours.

Yes please and thank you.

Zombru    25

If an extra restart would cut down on some of the server lag, I wouldn't mind at all. 3 or 4 restarts a day wouldn't cause any problems at all I'd think. The restarts don't take much more than 30 seconds, and an extra 30 seconds of my time isn't an awful issue.

Raptor    156

For the love of all that is holy and good please make this a reality. Yesterday on s2 I rubberbanded all the way from myshkino tents to myshkino town. It was horrendous and I almost rage quit. +1

I don't know much about the inner workings of the game, I just know that having a ton of tents, barrels, and farm plots generate a ton of lag on the servers. This is why we had a persistence wipe a little while ago, to get rid of a bunch of the farm plots that were just everywhere. Not saying restarts don't help, just saying I think there will still be lag. Again though, don't know much about how the inner workings of the game work.

Gives lag only in the area where you play, only during the time all loot download for your characters. If you are in Cherno, and there is 200 tents in Severograd, you won't have any lag.

Dustup    118

If this would actually cut down on the rubber-banding I have seen and experienced, and having to wait 30 seconds for something to appear in your hands or inventory then yes please.

The trouble appears only around 21-22 server time. Why you don't have trouble during the 6 first hours ? Nothing to do with tents, loots ... Server need a restart every 6 hours, cause these server are over busy, nearly always full.

Why the admin team don't try it for 1 week, set up a 6 hours rotation ?

Fenrir    42

I must agree with this, at least as a test. Cant hurt to try.

Rolle    2451

Oh yeah, would like to hear feedback on the 6h restarts!