Jump to content
Server time: 2017-10-23, 13:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Cipher

Black Fox [Open]

Recommended Posts

Cipher    0

Transmission start. The transmission is continually broken with static, and some words are difficult to make out.

"..Jeremiah Neuma....of the Black Fox Expedit....broadcasting to any survivors within South Zagoria....anyone out there....respond."

The transmission becomes a bit more clear..

"We have an injured man on deck. If there are any medical personnel with...please respond.

Once again, this is Jeremiah Neumann, broadcasting from the ICGV Thule..few miles out from South Zagoria... any survivors, please...Out."

Transmission end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deputy_Derp    0

Darren hears the transmission and has a wee giggle. He holds down the PTT and responds.

"Hey, idiot. When you get here go to Camp Hope, they'll help your injured men."

He releases the PTT and goes back to sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cipher    0

Darren hears the transmission and has a wee giggle. He holds down the PTT and responds.

"Hey, idiot. When you get here go to Camp Hope, they'll help your injured men."

He releases the PTT and goes back to sleep.

Jeremiah responds to the transmission, clearly worried about his injured man. There are still breaches in the broadcast, as well as heavy static.

"This is Jeremiah again...grid number..landmarks..Camp Hope? We are a few miles...of South Zagoria.

What is Camp Hope...over."

Jeremiah releases the PTT and his eyes follow the coastline, looking at the country in disrepair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zero    465

*Jericho would be sitting inside Coldwater H.Q.s communication room, he would be scanning the radio-waves when he comes across a transmission.*

"DANIEL, shut your damn mouth and help the man. This is sergeant Jericho Riker of Coldwater, stand-by for further information Black Fox, over."

*He continues transmitting, a sigh can be heard, followed by items being moved around the desk. He would put a map down and locate the camp, then relay the rough coordinates.*

"Coordinates are as follows, 072 083. Camp Hope is home to a number of medical staff. Quite a ways to travel inland, but that's the best I can do, over and out."

*The radio transmission ends in static.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deputy_Derp    0

Darren holds down the PTT and mumbles

"My name's fucking Darren... goddamn... son'bitch...  What Jericho said, coordinate thingy. Go there."

He releases the PTT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cipher    0

-snip-

Jeremiah responds, a wave of relief washing over him. The static is still present, and it sometimes overpowers the transmission.

"Copy that...Riker. We are currently docking at....will be in the area...next few days. We have a doctor...out of medical supplies. I will be in conta...if you are still on this frequency. It is a surprise...still alive here..does this camp...contact frequency? Over."

Jeremiah releases the PTT as the ICGV Thule docks at a harbor a couple dozen miles out from South Zagoria. Alex and Hera look towards him, worried expressions both on their faces as Lance was sat behind them, trying to be as still as possible, clutching his side, which was wrapped in gauze.

"Spread out, clear this harbor, and we'll see if we can find something a bit further inland. Don't want to trek all the way up to South Zagoria with Lance in his condition."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor    189

*Carter hears the transmission as he is walking through the woods. He looks down at his radio again as other people start to talk on this frequency. He considers responding, and finally takes out his radio, pressing the PTT button.

"Listen friend, you can contact LIFE at 91.1Hz. Talk to one of the doctors, I think his name is Mandell. Stay safe sir, I will be praying for your safe arrival*

*Carter puts his radio back on his belt and continues onward*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cipher    0

*Carter hears the transmission as he is walking through the woods. He looks down at his radio again as other people start to talk on this frequency. He considers responding, and finally takes out his radio, pressing the PTT button.

"Listen friend, you can contact LIFE at 91.1Hz. Talk to one of the doctors, I think his name is Mandell. Stay safe sir, I will be praying for your safe arrival*

*Carter puts his radio back on his belt and continues onward*

After setting up at the drug store for the night, a couple of miles away from where the boat was docked, Jeremiah finally responds to the man who told him the frequency of L.I.F.E. The transmission is much more stable now, although there is still some heavy static.

"Hey, if you're still here, thanks for the frequency, friend. We found what we needed in the drugstore for now to ease the pain and clean the wound - he got stabbed by one of the fuckers on the boat. I'll try and contact one of the personnel over at the medical camp soon, however, for general information on South Zagoria. I appreciate the quick response, and sorry that I couldn't respond sooner. It's just.. those fucking things Jon talked about-"

A significant amount of noise can be heard over the radio waves, the sounds of pounding against the walls of the drugstore, where Jeremiah hid alone for the night. He audibly squeaks and then quickly finishes up the transmission.

"Fuck- got a problem- over and out-"

The transmission suddenly stops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commissar    119

*Brutus hears the voices coming through, he covers his radio and changes his voice ever so slightly in the hopes that no one recognizes him, he presses his PTT*

Boat, a motherfucking boat. If you have a boat that must mean you have came across the Black and Green Sea, and

if you came across there, you might have came across Mediterranean Sea and the Aegean Sea, and if you did, you had to  have sailed through Istanbul, Turkey. Where exactly are you from? Why have you come... and is this boat still operational?

Answer me quickly. Thanks, uhh Christopher out.

*Brutus releases the PTT, and patiently waits for a response.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frosty    0

:: Jason listens to the man speak, and lifts the radio holding down the PTT. His voice would sound dragged out with a hint of Midwestern. ::

A boat? Well I thought all the surprises would be bad, but this is.. Not good but interesting? Names Jason. If you stop by camp Hope sometime you'll see me. Travel safe now.

:: Jason lets go of the PTT and plays with his clover necklace, while standing in camp Hope. ::

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cipher    0

*Brutus hears the voices coming through, he covers his radio and changes his voice ever so slightly in the hopes that no one recognizes him, he presses his PTT*

Boat, a motherfucking boat. If you have a boat that must mean you have came across the Black and Green Sea, and

if you came across there, you might have came across Mediterranean Sea and the Aegean Sea, and if you did, you had to  have sailed through Istanbul, Turkey. Where exactly are you from? Why have you come... and is this boat still operational?

Answer me quickly. Thanks, uhh Christopher out.

*Brutus releases the PTT, and patiently waits for a response.*

Jeremiah had just finished boarding up the door to keep out infected when he remembers "Christopher"'s broadcast, and decides to respond.

"Hey, 'Christopher', I'm from Iceland. I came here along with a few other individuals to do some research on the region, and set up a forward operating base somewhere within South Zagoria. Is this something that can be accomplished? The file they gave us didn't go into any detail on the current state of affairs here.. which, I guess, is what we're here for. Any and all information would be appreciated. Over."

He releases the PTT, wondering if he'd already given too much away.


:: Jason listens to the man speak, and lifts the radio holding down the PTT. His voice would sound dragged out with a hint of Midwestern. ::

A boat? Well I thought all the surprises would be bad, but this is.. Not good but interesting? Names Jason. If you stop by camp Hope sometime you'll see me. Travel safe now.

:: Jason lets go of the PTT and plays with his clover necklace, while standing in camp Hope. ::

Jeremiah hears the other man just as he finishes his first transmission.

"Well, thank you for the well wishes, Jason. All this talk of 'Camp Hope'.. is this a primary point of interest within the region? That's another one of our objectives, it said in the file.. 'find points and people of interest within South Zagoria.' Any information would be appreciated. Thank you, Jason. Over."

Jeremiah releases the PTT, visibly worried about the infected outside, hoping they'd bugger off soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frosty    0


:snip:

Jeremiah hears the other man just as he finishes his first transmission.

"Well, thank you for the well wishes, Jason. All this talk of 'Camp Hope'.. is this a primary point of interest within the region? That's another one of our objectives, it said in the file.. 'find points and people of interest within South Zagoria.' Any information would be appreciated. Thank you, Jason. Over."

Jeremiah releases the PTT, visibly worried about the infected outside, hoping they'd bugger off soon.

:: Jason ponders the request for information and shrugs. He holds down the PTT ::

Well I don't know... It's a point of interest I guess? Lots of people come through and you might want to check it out buddy... Come by when you can, and you can call me on my private frequency when you want, it's 212.2... Would be interesting to talk to someone from Iceland. Catch you around Jeremiah.

:: He takes his finger off the PTT, and takes out a cigarette :: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commissar    119

-snip-

*Again he covers his radio, and slightly changes his voice. He presses his PTT*

OK Mr. Iceland. Ill tell you what. Ill tell you everthing you need to know in person, straight from the horses mouth if I can get that boat.

It is still operational, correct?

*He releases his PTT*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cipher    0

-snip-

*Again he covers his radio, and slightly changes his voice. He presses his PTT*

OK Mr. Iceland. Ill tell you what. Ill tell you everthing you need to know in person, straight from the horses mouth if I can get that boat.

It is still operational, correct?

*He releases his PTT*

Jeremiah responds:

"Well, unfortunately Chris, we won't be leaving the area for a few months at least; we do still have objectives to carry out within the region. We're gonna be keeping the vessel a few dozen miles from where we'll be setting up our FOB, which will be somewhere within South Zagoria. If you would like, we could screen you to take back as a refugee when the time comes, but that is up to you. Over."

Jeremiah releases the PTT, peeking outside of the window to see if the infected were still around, visibly shaking due to fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commissar    119

-snip-

*He thinks to himself. Again he covers his radio and slightly changes his voice*

So your stay here is temporary Mr Iceland. There is something that is concerning me though, something that no one else has

addressed! Why exactly were you needing medical attention?

*A brief pause*

Oh and uhh, maybe we could meet for this screening thing and you could inform me of how you got here and which shipping lane you intend on taking to get back home!

*Releases his PTT, static then silence*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cipher    0

-snip-

*He thinks to himself. Again he covers his radio and slightly changes his voice*

So your stay here is temporary Mr Iceland. There is something that is concerning me though, something that no one else has

addressed! Why exactly were you needing medical attention?

*A brief pause*

Oh and uhh, maybe we could meet for this screening thing and you could inform me of how you got here and which shipping lane you intend on taking to get back home!

*Releases his PTT, static then silence*

Jeremiah, a bit offput by the man he spoke to, speaks into the radio.

"Hey Chris, reason we needed medical assistance was because we had an injured man on deck. Stab wound from a mutinous crew member. I just checked the local drug store a few miles inland and it has some painkillers and disinfectant, so Alex should be able to clean the wound well enough until we enter the region.

And we're looking for VIPs and those with some sort of advanced medical or mechanical training. If you have training in those areas or anything else you believe would be valuable, I'm sure we could figure out something. Over."

He releases the PTT, waiting for a response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commissar    119

*Again he takes the necessary steps to hide is real voice, he pushes his PTT*

Mutinous crew member? Doesn't sound very professional. Is Alex the organizations trained medical personnel? I hope the man will be OK, the one stabbed by the mutinous crew member that is. I have skills that you could use, and if you're looking for skilled men, that tells me that you don't have allot coming with you, or maybe I'm just being to presumptuous? I am willing to help you out, when you get to the region, Ill listen out for any broadcasts and seek you out. Until then keep safe Mr Iceland.

Or should I say Jeremiah.

*He releases his PTT*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimnir    663

*Anton listens to the frequency for a while trying to figure out what is goind on. After some time he dexides to pick up his radio and pushes the PTT button down.*

Hey there Mr Neumann, or I guess I'll just call you Jeremiah I am not a fan of all this formal waste of time.

*He pauses.*

If you are in need of information or if you need help in acquiring your VIPs contact me. From what I gathered you have a little problem we have a doctor who can take care of that if you still need help.

*He pauses again.*

Anyways, I would be more than interested to talk to you after such a long journey, in return I can obviously offer information about this country.

*Anton releases the PTT button and continues on his way through the woods.* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cipher    0

-snip-

Jeremiah, nearing South Zagoria via the northern highway, picks up the radio and responds, intrigued about the offer.

"Hey, uh... friend... Forgive me, it's a surprise to see this country still so active. I mean, the file suggested that there would be only very few remaining survivors, if any, but my radio seems to not stop buzzing around this place. 

Anyway; as I've previously stated we do have a doctor that has come along with us on this expedition, but if you can offer your services I'd be more than happy to take you up on the offer. If you have a settlement location and wouldn't mind sending coordinates, that'd be proper. We're about a day out at the moment, we should be in your area soon. Over."

Jeremiah releases the PTT, wondering if people still used proper radio etiquette in this country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melvin    84

The same voice repeats on the public transmission.

"Sent my little welcome card. Hoped you could hear it. Awaiting eagerly to hear your response indeed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×