Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:13
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

Fragmented Memories Of Carter Revis

Raptor    173

Dream Sequence 1

As Carter drifts asleep, he starts to enter a lucid dream state.

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/5801d03be6373.mp3[/mp3]

He looks down at his hands to see them tied up. Looking around, Carter sees he is inside a large tent with a woman who is also tied up. He can't make out her face but she's crying softly and looking at the floor. Before he can call out to her, a man with a clown mask fused to his face walks into the tent with a knife in one hand and a rifle in the other. He leans the rifle against the tent and kneels in front of Carter and points the knife towards his face.

"It's your fault Carter. I'ts your fault she's here."

The mouth on the mask moved as it talked. Carter saw it was no mask, it was the man's face.

"First I'm going to hurt her. And then I'm going to hurt you."

He leans in and whispers in Carter's ear.

"And when it's all over, she's going to blame you."

Carter looks over at the woman to see the face of Summer Hill. She is looking at Carter with tears in her eyes as the man walks over to her with his knife. Without saying a word to her, he begins to skin her face off. Her screams pierce the air as Carter struggles in his restraints and tries to yell, but no sound comes out. He watches in horror as the clown peels Summer's skin off her face to reveal Carter's wife, Kelly. She weakly looks over at him saying one word.

"Why?"

The clown then proceeds to skin her face again. More screams followed with more struggling from Carter as the clown finishes his work. When he is finished, he kicks her lifeless body to the floor and claps his hand together. Looking over at Carter, the mask-faced man makes a face of mock sympathy and tilts his head at Carter.

"You could never protect her Carter. No matter what, you were never good for her. It's time to let you go."

The clown walks over to Carter and grabs his collar, forcing him to his feet. He leads him over to the door of the tent and opens the flap and forces him to look down. Surprised, Carter stares thousands of feet below him at the wooded landscape of Chernarus. The clown speaks one last time to him.

"I'll see you soon Carter"

He pushes Carter out of the tent and watches him fall. As Carter rapidly approaches the ground, right before he hits it, he wakes up.

Carter jolts awake from the tree he was sleeping on letting out a yelp of surprise. He could't tell if he is covered in cold sweat or morning dew as he looks around the woods. The sounds of birds and the low sun of dawn starts to calm him. Carter slowly gets up and starts to gather wood for a fire, deep in thought.

Buddy    1065

thaaaaaaaaaats some trippy stuff right there!!! awesome read and very original, im really looking forward to the next installment! c:

Love Nectar    38

Damn... thats creative. xD

GANZ    3

Well written, but it was a hard read for me, because I was just watching all these damned clown sightings on youtube and I take my dog to the woods every night so I'm a bit freaked out with them at the moment. I mean I don't know if it's some kid trying to fit in to a group, or some psycho trying to kill me, what do you do in that situation lol. But no sorry don't wanna steer it off topic, good story friend = )

Omg this is some genius writing right here!

Raptor    173

Thanks for the feedback guys, next sequence should be coming today.

Dead End    13

Soooo PTSD, right?

Jeez man, you got your work layed out for yourself it seems!

Can't wait for the next chapter! ;) *Coughs*

Frosty    0

Lucius is right, Raptor. The music makes it awesome. Good read, and I hope you put more material up :)

Raptor    173

I can dig this. Good read, well compiled, descriptive. Nice job my man.

I don't know if you could tell, but the clown was oliver. And thanks man, means alot.

Riggsee    0

I can dig this. Good read, well compiled, descriptive. Nice job my man.

I don't know if you could tell, but the clown was oliver. And thanks man, means alot.

No couldn't tell at all..... OF COURSE I COULD. Man I loved that torture. It was so in-tents.

Raptor    173

Dream Sequence 2

As Carter turns in for the night, he gazes up at the stars, thinking to himself. He slowly starts to falls asleep.

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/5803d922ca7e8.mp3[/mp3]

Carter wakes up to the sound of the pilot speaking in Chernarussian over the plane intercom.

"We will be landing shortly in Novigrad, please keep your seatbelts fastened and seat tables up. And as always thank you for choosing Air Chernarus."

Carter looks over at the seat next to him to see Kendrick Mercer reading a book titled "How Not To Get Killed By the Northern Alliance. He looks over at Carter and closes the book, putting it under his seat.

"You're awake. I've been waiting for you. We all have."

Kendrick motions with his hand towards the front of the plane. He nods at Carter and goes back to reading his book. Carter gets up from his seat slowly looking back at Kendrick and proceeds to walk to the front of the plane. As he walks the plane around him and the people inside it begin to disappear. Before Carter can reach the front, he notices he is no longer in the plane, but in a field covered with bright blue mountain flowers in all directions as far as the horizon. 

He walks through the field and begins seeing spectral projections of familiar faces. First he sees his wife. She is laughing and pulling Carter by his hand into the field but he can't feel her. She soon evaporates leaving him alone once again. As he continues to walk he sees the projections Rose Vardent performing surgery on Zinnia Jackson on an operating table in front of him. Ender DeFrank stands close, watching the operation. They don't see him, as Rose tries hard to save Zinnia's life. Carter walks through them as their projection evaporates.

He looks down at his hands to see them covered in blood. Looking up, he sees Cowboy charging him with a baseball bat. When he swings it at Carter, the bat and Cowboy evaporate into nothingness. Many other faces he once knew stand in the field, staring at Carter as he passes them while they're projections evaporate one by one.. He doesn't appear phased by these phantasms and continues to walk on through the blue flower field. 

Carter eventually reaches a patch of field not covered in blue flowers. In the middle lays a single withered and dead blue mountain flower. He  kneels in front of it and gently picks it up. He closes his eyes and feels someone standing over him. He looks up to see Summer, smiling down at him with her hand reached out. He takes her hand and stands up, looking into her eyes before sharing a kiss.

Carter opens his eyes slowly to see the dimly lit early morning sky. The only the sounds were the trees swaying lightly in the wind. He looks over at the dead fireplace and his gear resting on a tree and sighs.

Dead End    13

Extremely well done, my friend. Now please,

*Raises gun,*

lend me a little of your motivation and writing skills.

Love Nectar    38

Raptor these are extremely impressive! +1 for sure!

Ender    636

Probably should of read that book more thoroughly Lol

Great read Raptor I'm really liking these dream sequences

Raptor    173

Probably should of read that book more thoroughly Lol

Great read Raptor I'm really liking these dream sequences

RIP Kendrick ;( but thanks man I'm glad you like em.

Also thanks to everyone else for the feedback, yall are the reason I'm motivated to continue this :)

Raptor    173

Dream Sequence 3

*Reluctant to sleep, Carter sits up on the padded ground he prepared. He stares at the dying fire in front of him for a while until it's nothing but and smoke and ash. His eyes start to droop as he starts to lose consciousness. Carter eventually gives in and falls asleep sitting up.*

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/5805b11ca1518.mp3[/mp3]

Rain is pouring. A U.K. accent calls out to Carter.

"Carter. Carter you good?"

Carter looks over at the man with a two piece suit and an Atlanta PD badge around his neck. It's Matthew Cade. Slightly confused, Carter responds to Cade.

"Yeah man I'm good." He pauses for a moment before asking,"Who are you again?"

Matthew gives Carter a perplexed look and answers his question.

"Carter, we've been partners for over 2 years what the hell's the matter with you? You sure your alright? Maybe you should go home."

Carter shakes his head, looking around at his surroundings. They are standing outside of a bar in the heart of downtown Atlanta. However something is different about the city. It gives off a very noir-esque type vibe. And the people walking by them on the sidewalk...weren't people at all. They appeared to be faceless blank humanoids wearing monotone clothing.

Not phased by irregular setting around him, Matthew takes out a cigarette and puts it in his mouth. He moves under the thin canopy covering the front of the bar from the rain and lights it. His face is barely visible under the single streetlight lighting the nearby area.

"Do I have to tell Kelly how your acting right now? Go home man. We'll finish this case in the morning. Give me the address I'll question the witness before I head out myself."

Carter checks his trench coat pockets and finds a piece of paper. He opens it to see a random assortment of rapidly changing numbers and letter scribbled on the paper. The characters are changing too fast for him to read any of them. He hands the paper to Matthew.

"Ill see you in the morning Carter. Don't forg-" 

He is stopped mid sentence as the sound of a rifle shot echoes through the street. Carter watches the back of Matthew's head explode into a flurry of blue mountain flowers. As his body hits the floor, nearby faceless pedestrians drop their umbrellas and run over the the corpse and start shoving fistfulls of the flowers  into their non-existent mouths. They remained unnervingly silent as they feasted on the remains.

Another shot is heard and Carter looks down to see a gaping hole of nothingness in his chest. He doesn't feel anything except the rainfall as he looks around at the silent, ravenous pedestrians that are now charging him. Before the first one makes contact with him, he jolts awake.

Carter falls sideways as he regains consciousness. It is still dark and cold out. He is hyperventilating and sweating as he buries his face in his palms and screams at the top of his lungs. His scream turns into a sob. His sob eventually turns into a dreamless sleep.

Love Nectar    38

These just get better and better x_x

Keep it up man.

Sign in to follow this