Server time: 2017-10-22, 06:17
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Deputy_Derp

The story of Darren Ward

Deputy_Derp    0

54b943be1a.png

This will be updated every now and then adding more stuff. Some of this may not be fully accurate as I can't remember every detail and some of these things happened a while ago. I will also add things that will help people to understand the different situations. Not all of the parts revolve around Darren.

Hope you enjoy.

Part 1: A broken man

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/58013c1549c87.mp3[/mp3]

"Cmon, son. I'm bloody starving, and we don't have any food." Darren looks to George, who's sitting on the floor drawing a picture. George looks up. "I'm hungry too...." George gets up and goes with Darren out of the house they're in. They head south and into Zelenogorsk, making sure to be hidden from infected. Darren whispers to George. "Be quiet and follow me, make sure none of them see you, okay?", George nods while slightly shaking, he'd never done anything like this before. Zelenogorsk was a big city, full of infected... and also supplies. Darren and George sneaked through the alleyway's, trying their best to remain hidden. As they enter a building, one single infected notices them and begins to follow slowly. Neither of the two had realised that they were being pursued...     As they got further into the corridor of the building, the infected ran inside and lunged itself onto George and ripped his neck apart.

"GEORGE, NO!..."

Darren grabs his pistol and shoots the infected that has mauled his son as the building is being swarmed. He sprints out of the building after realising that nothing could be done. He runs north of Zelenogorsk to the town of Sosnovka where he enters a small house just west of the main village itself, along a dirt road.

"WHY, FUCKING WHY!?" 

Darren's fist goes through the glass window as he mourns his son, he sits down and sobs, tears run down his face. His eyes are red, his fists are covered in blood and he is shaking uncontrollably. He rests his head in his hand, and with his other hand he grips his pistol, bringing it to his temple. He thinks about his life, growing more depressed as he goes through his own memories. He remembers being young, being independent... being lost, frightened, angry, confused... every single moment from his entire life flashed before his eyes. He remembers the days when he could go outside without being afraid, he remembers the boring days at work, the days at home when George was just a baby... everything.  He was completely distraught... he'd just lost his son, the person he swore to protect.

"Why... why... why, why, why, WHY!? WHY NOW!? WHY LIKE THIS?  ...It's not supposed to be so easy..." 

He takes one big breath before pulling the trigger. *Click*... *Click, click, click, click*

"FUUUUUUUUUUUCK! AAHHHH!"

He hits himself on the forehead multiple times, he falls to the ground and curls up into a ball to cry. He failed his son... and now he's failing to commit suicide. He sat inside the house for hours, ignoring everything that was going on around him. After 2 hours of sitting inside the house, Darren had stopped crying, he was completely silent and he didn't move. All he did was lay on the floor, looking at his blood drenched hands. He stood up and looked outside, the sun had broken the darkness, the grass gained more life as the light shined down upon it. The clouds cleared the sky... he came out of the house as a new man, he left and went on his way. Surviving by himself for quite some time. He didn't encounter many people for a time. Then he decided to travel chernarus a bit more...

Part 2: 1 year later

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/5801482d3c16c.mp3[/mp3]

"Join Outrun" said Josh Baker, Darren turns with a surprised look on his face "Pfft... me? Join Outrun?" He laughs, "Alright."

The first day of being with Outrun, Darren had been harassed by Josh, Scottie and Daniel. They were pretending that Darren was a dinosaur and trying to hunt him, he played along just for their amusement, perhaps he also played along as he was reminded of his son. The days with Outrun were long ones, mostly filled with boredom, Darren didn't feel at home and he didn't feel like this would be something he could do forever. He visited Camp Hope quite often while helping to care for Josh, it was there that he met Dr.Hope and Mandell. Darren quickly grew fond of Hope and they became well acquainted. They almost became friends, but it seemed that Hope never actually cared about Darren... and on one night, he was given a task.

"Darren, could you go back to camp and grab some of the medical supplies for me?" said Hope, as they were headed towards Stary Sobor "What? Hm... It just seems like you're trying to get rid of me..." Darren said, as he raises an eyebrow at Hope. "Look, Darren, I need those supplies if I'm going to help anyone, could you be a darling and just go get them?" ..."Fine."

Darren parted ways with Hope and returned to  Camp Hope to get the supplies. As he entered the clinic building, he saw three men, all holding automatic rifles in their hands. The man standing in front of him hesitated and then began to speak in a posh English accent. 

"Oh... why, hello there. We're here uhm... looking for some doctors..." The man quickly grew tired of pretending and then spoke normally... it was Mr.Black. "Alright, sunshine. Put your fucking hands up." Darren saw three men all aiming their weapons at him, he thought about trying to kill them all but he knew it would fail. Darren then complied and raised his hands. "Now, go stand over there against the wall and face me." Darren walked steadily with his hands raised, he felt the cold end of Mr.Black's gun touching his back. He reached the wall, turned and faced Mr.Black. "Who the fuck ar' you?"Darren looks at Mr.Black, he's visibly pissed off. "Name's Darren... you?"...       

"Darren, are you alright? You're taking your time." As Hope opened the door, her heart drops as she see's Darren up against a wall with guns aimed at him. "'Ello, sunshine... put your hands up." Hope puts her hands up and is then immediately met with demands from Mr.Black. "Where the fuck are the drugs? Tell me or I'll get my boys to beat the living shit out of pretty boy, 'ere." Mr.Black uses the stock of his gun to hit Darren in the chest, knocking the air out of his lungs. He falls to the ground gasping for air. "I-I don't know where it is, there's no medicine hidden here!" Mr.Black turns to his goons "Cut 'im up." Then suddenly one of the men takes out his knife and presses it up against Darren's cheek and begins to cut a large scar on Darren's face. He cuts his cheeks to give him a forced smile. "TELL ME WHERE THE FUCKIN' DRUGS ARE!" Mr.Black aims his gun at Darren. "I DON'T KNOW! There aren't any drugs here! I told you!"

It was then that the Pagans showed up seeking medical help from Hope. "Ey, where's the doc?" Mr.Black looks out the window to see all of the Pagans standing outside. "She's a bit busy at the moment.", "Yeah, well I don't give a shit. I've got a man out here who needs a god-damned doctor!", "I said she's fucking busy!", "Alright, well uh... we'll be back later then..." The pagans go back down the dirt road to what they called their "clubhouse", which is just a pub that's in the camp. Black turns back to Hope and begins to abuse her, he touches her, hits her and the pagans can hear everything. Darren is also getting a severe beating from Mr.Black's boys...

"EVERYONE INSIDE THE CLINIC PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP OR YOU WILL BE SHOT!"

"HIGH IN THE SKY, GENTLEMEN!"

It was then that the pagans stormed the building, killing a few of Black's men, the others surrendered. Black entered a storage room to hide, he unpinned a grenade and threw it outside the door. Darren saw the grenade and tried to make a desperate attempt to evade the explosion... he failed, and got some nasty scars across his body. After that... well... he didn't go back to camp for a while.

Part 3: Mobius

200x200https://i.imgur.com/axeWiL2.png[/img]

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/58058d2014bdf.mp3[/mp3]

After being with Outrun for a while, Darren had already made a few people despise him, which in turn made people despise Outrun a little more. Darren wasn't exactly the best thing to come to the group as he was quite... detrimental. Still, he was fun to have around for some. Josh enjoyed playing his pranks on Darren, Scottie enjoyed calling Darren a goofball and Ryan certainly enjoyed making fun of Darren. Over time, Darren began to get annoyed at the constant insults. He felt his dignity slipping away, so he decided to make fun of them, even making fun of Josh's Leukaemia. 

"Am I sensing... Leukae... Oh, it's you, Josh." This pissed Ryan off, and it made Josh really upset. That cluster-fuck made Darren leave Outrun and join Mobius. 

Darren went alone for a short time, eventually bumping into Mack James and his group members. "Oh hey, Darren. What's up, my dude." Mack informed Darren of Mobius and what they do.  It was then that Darren impressed Mack with his ability to change his voice, appearance... and basically pretend to be someone else entirely. Darren was brought into the group, and within a few days he became Deputy Director. Their first mission, to get contracts from people, contracts that required them to gather information on certain people. However, Darren being a spy wasn't the best idea... People knew Darren mainly because they didn't like him. It also didn't help that Ryan Robertson always told people Darren's real name if Darren gave them a false one. 

"Hey, my name's 'Steve'. How's it going?"

"His name's actually Darren."

"RYAN, WOULD YOU... Damn it, Ryan!"

Darren and the rest of Mobius got their first contract. This contract was to gather information on Elena King... and this contract was also possibly the easiest one they ever done, seeing as Darren and Mack already knew Elena. All the information was written down in Mack's notebook, this would eventually come back to bite them in the arse. 

After gathering all the information and sending it to the client, it turned out that it was merely a test to prove our effectiveness. The client then gave us an actual assignment... to gather information on a 'Dustin McCoy', one of the Pagans. Fortunately for Mobius, they already knew a great deal about him and the Pagans. Especially after capturing two of them after an epic firefight at Vybor Industrial. 

The Pagans didn't like Mack after a certain 'incident' at Camp Hope, when Mack shot one of the Pagans and then put a hot gun barrel into the wound. So, they were hoping to seek revenge. They approached Mack at Vybor industrial and began to start shit, but they didn't know that Mack had Mobius and members from the unchained backing him. After a chat, the Pagans decided to leave... but Brandon Young wasn't exactly pleased and decided to do something quite stupid. 

"All you Pagan motherfuckers. Put your fucking hands up!"

Brandon then quickly ran for cover to avoid the hail of bullets flying towards him, he managed to take a few with a lucky spray before getting in cover. Then a huge firefight ensued. Many Pagans were wounded and they retreated, and a few of the Mobius members were hit. One Pagan was captured and held on top of a smill hill by Darren, Brandon and one other. They took cover from a sniper, one of the Pagans was shooting down on them. After a deep breath, and a lot of thinking, Darren and a few others pushed the sniper with the hostage as a meat shield. They managed to capture the sniper as well, and they took the both of them far away to be tortured. 

During the interrogation, Darren took out his knife and was told by Marius, a member of the Unchained, to cut '81' into one of the Pagans. Darren cut the '81' into the Pagan, and Brandon cut 'MOBIUS' on the back of the other Pagans neck.  "Have a Mobius day" said Brandon, as they told the hostages to run south until they reached the shore. From then on, the Pagans knew not to fuck with Mobius, and a lot of people knew that Mobius was a thing thanks to that lovely 'Mobius' scar. 

Part 4: An unexpected love story

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/5806a0d5eee7d.mp3[/mp3]

Things were looking quite good for Mobius, they were getting contracts and such, and they had a good amount of friends. Unfortunately, Mack's love life became a bit more... apparent... this was the beginning of the end. After having a bit of an argument with Dr.Hope about Darren's attitude, he said a lot of things and done a lot of things too. So much that Dr.Hope got really annoyed and wanted nothing to do with them, hell... she probably wanted them dead. 

"I'm tired of Darren's attitude, Mack! Either you tell him, or I do!"

"I... Listen, Hope, I... Ugh..."

"Fine then, I'll tell him." She approached Darren. "Mack only let you into Mobius because he felt sorry for you, Darren." Darren thought nothing of it at first, but it wasn't until Mack confirmed it that Darren became annoyed. He had  a sudden hate for Hope, he thought she was being quite hypocritical by saying his attitude was bad, so he decided to speak his mind. "Since when did Hope become so.... bitchy." This didn't help, as expected. In fact, it made Hope hate Darren even more. It got to the point when suddenly Mack was saying sorry and eventually Mack got really pissed at how everyone in the camp looked at him. As they were leaving the camp, a man followed behind them. Mack became really agitated and began to talk shit to the man. "What the fuck are you looking at? Fuck off.", "I'm just keeping perimeter. Don't tell me to fuck off." , "Your camp is like 200 meters back, you fuck. How about you go back to camp you little shit?" , "Alright, I'll be back in a minute. Wait here." The man began to jog towards the camp. 

"WHAT!? Oh, alright... yeah, you get them to come out here, you fuck! SEE WHAT HAPPENS!"

After that, Darren, Huntie, Brandon Young and Jake Takara took positions in the trees in a matter of seconds, and Mack stood on the road with gun in hand, waiting for the man to return with people from Camp Hope. We sat there and waited for about five minutes. Eventually, Mack grew tired and decided to go back into camp while the rest of Mobius waited nearby for something to happen. At this point, it was proven that Darren was indeed mad and got his adrenaline from combat. This is the most entertainment he's had in a while. After another five minutes passed, Darren walked into camp with the rest of Mobius except Huntie.

"DARREN! MACK! COME HERE, NOW! PUT YOUR WEAPONS AWAY AND GET IN LINE, ALL OF L.I.F.E GET IN LINE TOO! NOW!"

Hope had finally lost it, you could tell that she was about to shoot everyone in the camp... all she needed was one last push. 

"Why has everyone else got guns, huh? How about ALL of us put our weapons away?"

"Mack, I'm REALLY not in the mood for your SHIT!. EVERYONE PUT YOUR WEAPONS AWAY AND GET THE FUCK IN LINE!"

Everyone waddled into line with their weapons on back and then Hope began to speak. "Right... We're going to solve this right now, alright?  Who wants to speak first!?" A random man from LIFE begins to speak "Well, I think Mack should come here and show some respect rather than be incredibly rude." Mack raises his hand after the man finishes and then begins to defend himself. "It's funny you say that, because..." Mack's defense was short lived as someone from the line interrupted, "All I see is some irrelevant asshole." Suddenly Mack takes out his gun and shortly after everyone int he camp has their weapon in hand, including Darren. "What!? Oooohohoh... oh boy, I fucking.. hm.." Mack paced up and down, ready to start shooting. 

"How about you just fuck off, Mack. Piece of shit." Jake Takara then ran at the man and punched the man in the face, knocking him out. Then Dimitri Tarasov raised his gun, aimed at Jake and fired... 

For a second, everything was silent... and then Mack and Darren raise their guns and while in sync both shoot into Dima. Darren then turned and shot Hope a few times in the back and then turned to his right to shoot another. Then Darren ran out of ammo and his legs were shot. He collapsed and fell unconscious... what a day. 

A day later, Mack confessed his love for Hope over the radio, he begged for forgiveness in quite a pathetic manner... but for some reason, Hope agreed to meet with Mack so he could apologise in person. All this seemed strange to Darren... could it be... a setup?

Part 5: Was it a setup?

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/58091c70c7854.mp3[/mp3]

After a few days of running around shooting innocent people and doing contracts, it was finally the day that Hope and Mack would meet. Of course, this all seemed like a bad idea to Darren and the rest of Mobius... but it happened anyway. After a couple hours, Mobius had lost contact with Mack and they decided to investigate. Darren teamed up with a man named Brutus, a new recruit to Mobius and a damn good one too. They moved to the town of Lopatino, where the meeting was taking place, and were then told by members of Mobius that Mack was being held inside a big warehouse. Darren and Brutus were up on a hill just North East of the warehouse and were both looking down on it when out of nowhere. 

"Put your fucking hands up!" they had found Brutus and then noticed me. "...and tell your buddy to put his hands up too!" Darren then started to fire towards the voices, but he couldn't see them. A hail of bullets flew towards Darren, hitting the trees next to him. He ran up the hill and got some cover. A bullet had skimmed his leg. He quickly stopped the bleeding and then ran down the hill, towards a dirt road. He looked around and saw a lot of people, all hostile. He saw a man trying to flank him down on the bottom of the hill he was on, so he shot the man... then suddenly, a man ran up behind Darren. "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!? PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP!" The man raised his hands "I-I... Please, don't shoot me. I don't know what's going on!", then Darren noticed a bunch of people running up the dirt road towards him. He used the man as some sort of meat-shield and then fired back at the approaching enemies. He hit a few of them, but none of them fell. He then ran South-East, and into some trees. He was careful not to be spotted by anyone... until a man ran past him and stood by a tree. Darren fired a few shots towards the man, missing every one. "Ah! Stop shooting, stop shooting!" Darren then realised that he was firing at another stranger... woops. "Who the fuck are you... uh... what?" Darren then ran away, and didn't go back towards the firefight. 

A couple hours later, Mack and Brutus had been let go... another cluster-fuck of a day.

Part 6: Taking Hope

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/58130ed9db082.mp3[/mp3]

One day, Darren and the rest of Mobius decided to assault Camp Hope, without Mack.They planned it all out for a few minutes and then got themselves ready. When they arrived, the whole camp was full of people. Darren was disguised, he pretended to be Russian and acted as if he was one of the guards... no one had any idea. Brutus was pretending to be an innocent bystander that happened to be at Camp Hope at the wrong time, but really he was one of us. Darren was stood next to a few people, all sitting down against a stone wall. Brandon Young and Jake Takara then arose. 

"EVERYONE PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP OR YOU'LL BE SHOT!"

Darren crouched down and acted as if he was about to shoot back, one of the people next time him lied down, pulled out a magnum and began aiming at Brandon. Darren saw the man and shot him in the face just before he pulled the trigger. Darren's cover was blown, so he stood up and started helping Brandon to get the hostages lined up. Once the hostages were all lined up, they were told to drop all of their possessions. Darren looked at all the people there, none of them had actually done anything to them. They captured the wrong people...  Suddenly, gunfire came from the North of the clinic, after realising that there was nothing worth doing, Darren ran south west and into the woods.  

Darren stopped in one of the trees and saw a woman running through the trees, she crouched just a few meters away from Darren. He looked closer... it was Hope. He then got behind a tree. "Put your hands up!" , "What? Who... who is that? Darren?" "Just put your hands up, Hope." "Darren are you okay? Something's going on down at the camp." "Yeah, I know. I was just there... uh..." Darren hesitated, he then began to tell the biggest and sweetest lie. "I was down there... but, uh... I managed to get away once people started shooting. I don't know what's going on." Hope obviously didn't buy it, but she tried to trick Darren. "Oh, okay, Darren. Come here, come help me." "No, no... just, uh... put your hands up..." "Darren, I need your help." Darren grew impatient and then became very violent. "Alright, put your fucking hands up NOW or I'll blow off your head! 10-9-8-7..." "Alright, alright, alright." She put her weapon on her back and then put her hands on her head. Brandon then arrived and they took her weapons, then they took her far away from the camp. They ran for a good ten minutes and stopped in the middle of the woods. They tied her up and then decided to ask her questions. The whole thing was a bit sloppy, but it was done in a... somewhat 'professional' manner. "So... why did you set Mack up?" "I didn't set Mack up... We were talking in Lopatino, and there was a crashed helicopter next to us. Victor must have seen it and came over, and finding us in the process. He knew what Mack had done and decided to take him! It wasn't me and it wasn't a setup." Darren thought for a minute, it didn't seem right to him. "...Don't lie to me. You set him up, didn't you?" Hope was furious "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY!? IT WASN'T A SETUP!" Darren ignored her and searched her backpack, inside was a clown mask. He took the mask and then wore it. He then put it on Hope's face. 

After messing with Hope for a while, it came time to leave her. Miller Thompson and Brutus North took her away somewhere. Darren didn't know where... The day after, it turned out that Miller had knocked Brutus out and then rescued Hope... ah well.

Part 7: Stuff

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/5818d1bf6008a.mp3[/mp3]

After everything that had happened, people from Mobius were being hunted. Jake Takara was taken, had his throat slit, leg blown off and had half his head shot off. Make was also taken and got shot in the head. However, they didn't die, but this was unknown to Darren for a while. Darren lost contact with everyone else in Mobius. He was alone... and Hope wanted him dead. 

"Run, fat boy, run!"

Darren didn't know what to do and he stood no chance against LIFE by himself, especially when Hope could call upon the help of the Savages. Darren was feeling really curious. He wondered what would happen if he went to Camp Hope... would he get killed? Would they not give a damn? Who knows... so, he decided to go find out.

He travelled from Pustoshka, where he was hiding, all the way to Camp Hope where he saw an offroad. The car was leaving the camp and no one else was there. He waited until the car left and then moved through the camp, he walked up and saw a shit ton of tents... all filled with equipment. Darren was amazed by the amount of gear inside the tents... it was heaven. His eyes widened and he then immediately started grabbing everything there. Picking up pouches to grab even more stuff and by the end of it he had trouble running. It was a strange day for Darren, just like every other day really... Darren loves stuff.

Darren's dead kek

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/581b94b5931b7.mp3[/mp3]

After deciding to be a little snek and telling Austin Maverick all about what was happening on the prison island, he was taken by the rest of Coldwater after they found out. He was tortured for around 30 mins and then eventually shot by a firing squad. RIP Darren Ward.

Fox    0

Really nice to read. I remember the day Black and the Pagans were in camp Hope, was a crazy day tho.

Looking forward to reading more of that. :)

Deputy_Derp    0

Really nice to read. I remember the day Black and the Pagans were in camp Hope, was a crazy day tho.

Looking forward to reading more of that. :)

Ayy! Cheers, pal. This is the kind of motivation needed to write more. :P

Cipher    0

Mobius, the spy group that carved their name into people. It was fun while it lasted, good read

Raptor    188

Just read part one. Love the music dude, it fits in well with the emotional setting.

Zombru    25

Brandon cut 'MOBIUS' on the back of the other Pagans neck.  "Have a Mobius day" said Brandon, as they told the hostages to run south until they reached the shore. 

I never did understand the whole "have a mobius day" thing even though I was apart of OG mobius.

But anyways, nice read :)

ThatRyanGuy    0

"Hey, my name's 'Steve'. How's it going?"

"His name's actually Darren."

"RYAN, WOULD YOU... Damn it, Ryan!"

<3

Nice read as always mate, keep em coming

I really like your writing style and formatting and everything. That Mobius addition was quite entertaining I must say. Looking forward to more of your work!

Cipher    0

Not sure when this became my story kek but looks really really good and I'm glad you wrote about it because I couldn't be arsed

Also I am pretty sure I wasnt that much of a self centered asshole playing Mack James, I dont remember saying half of this shit

Faith    732

Oh no... Q_Q Why am I in everyone's story to look like a psycho... Y'all acting like 5 year olds...

you missed the shoe size I said hueheueheuheue

good read!

Deputy_Derp    0

Not sure when this became my story kek but looks really really good and I'm glad you wrote about it because I couldn't be arsed

Also I am pretty sure I wasnt that much of a self centered asshole playing Mack James, I dont remember saying half of this shit

Heheeheheheheheh yeah urite. But yknow.... memes. I mean, it was a while ago. #dealwithit *puts on sunglasses* I'm pretty sure it happened.

Actually Cipher now that you say it... you didn't say any of that shit kek.

Cipher    0

Heheeheheheheheh yeah urite. But yknow.... memes. I mean, it was a while ago. #dealwithit *puts on sunglasses* I'm pretty sure it happened.

Actually Cipher now that you say it... you didn't say any of that shit kek.

Yeah urite

Im pretty sure I had a big interest in mutual respect.. I said it like seventeen times

Still really good though, with or without the edits, I dont really care

Oh no... Q_Q Why am I in everyone's story to look like a psycho... Y'all acting like 5 year olds...

good read!

Maybe because you are a psycho?

Good stuff here, man! Really liking how often you're updating this while not losing the amount of creativity each story brings. Truly good reads, each and every one of them!

Faith    732

good read!

Maybe because you are a psycho?

Good stuff here, man! Really liking how often you're updating this while not losing the amount of creativity each story brings. Truly good reads, each and every one of them!

I'm hurt

Shane    570

Nice one D-Man ;)

Sign in to follow this