Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 23:05 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Billy__

This happen to anyone else?

Most people don't like being taken hostage. That's one of the huge reasons why they don't show fear. Now me playing Scottie I love showing fear because it's kinda fun. People should just swallow their pride and give good hostage RP. Or it's not fun for anyone. I wish people would play a little more realistically or let you perma death their character if they want to act like they don't care ect.

But oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I'll give you good hostage RP billy :)

Yea but you know Niko would never take Scottie hostage.

Most people don't like being taken hostage. That's one of the huge reasons why they don't show fear. Now me playing Scottie I love showing fear because it's kinda fun. People should just swallow their pride and give good hostage RP. Or it's not fun for anyone. I wish people would play a little more realistically or let you perma death their character if they want to act like they don't care ect.

But oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I'll give you good hostage RP billy :)

Yea but you know Niko would never take Scottie hostage.

Then I guess you'll have to find another good hostage RPer. RIP ;)

Depends on the situation and the people most of the time I get taken hostage I'm told to STFU or I'll be killed but that's properly because of I talk  too much.

Edit:

I see a couple of bad eggs when I take people into the market but most seem to work along with the RP and make for a really interesting situation, it's properly something to do with their M4 getting nicked or that fancy coat they have had for days.

my character has seen so many tours of afghanistan at twenty that he is just numb to anything and everything

No, but seriously, i struggle with fearRP. I don't really do it very much because I'm always the one taking hostages. Hopefully it's something I learn as I continue RPing but idk. I feel like people who I've had lots of interaction with, I fearRP better with them. Like the whole war with Akrasia back in Outrun, I loved that RP and I feel like my fear was genuine there because there has been a lot of RP leading up to it.

I think it can be REALLY fun getting taken hostage as usually thats where your character will develop the most, find his/her enemies and find his/her friends. Honestly however I have been failing at fear RP I think the best attempt for me was my most recent time IC when I was being tortured by the Masquerade and I tried my best to act scared (Dont know how it was) but it was an attempt, usually I just beg and plead, I mean for a 16 year old character is it a good idea to try and 'cry' when your being held hostage because I just didnt know if I should or not, cause my character has been through a lot so I think he would still be scared but maybe not cry. Im still fairly new to DayZRP compared to some year-long members.

I think the last time I was legitimately scared was when Roger robbed me as I was climbing down a later, since I couldn't even remember how to raise my hands it was really bad. But I was doing that nervous laugh sorta like " aaah am I being pranked?" But no...

I was not being pranked. Personally I think it revolves around the situation usually when I'm scared/nervous in stressful situations my first reaction is I laugh it's not a comedic laugh it's kind of like the laugh you give when something isn't funny but you need to lighten the mood slightly.

My reaction to stressful and fearful interactions on RP are the same as how I am in real life. Just can't help it.

Have had plenty of people who act like they're untouchable because of the shield of the rules. It's common.

I've only been taken hostage successfully, for more than like 2-3 minutes twice since joining the server so I can't exactly speak to much for how I personally act as a hostage. I may be mildly cocky but I try not to be stupid. So I generally don't act too tough.

Even unsuccessful attempts are rare. Not too many people try to pull things with me. It's disappointing.

Would change if the people who grabbed me knew who I was, and who I'm with. If I've got buds close enough looking for me or planning a little rescue then I'm likely to jab the people taking me with that fact. Cause they're most likely people we've steamrolled in the past. Who knows, maybe they'll realize the error of their ways.

I mean some people do it because they're pure salt from the ocean. However I try and roleplay but most of the time I'm hostage it's by trigger happy people or ones that go 'Shut up' or 'Shut your mouth, next time you talk you will be shot.' So I just stand there quietly and starting listening to music on my IPod as I come very disinterested. Been a while since I've had a good non scripted hostile encounter. 

I remember though I took a guy to Prud lake to have dinner with me and my IC brother and they went swimming. My brother got out and I initiated when he was swimming back. I was asking ooc permission to do stuff and all we got were sarcastic replies. We never once told him to shut up or we will kill him since his anger icly gave us more reason to piss him off more as entertainment.

*shrugs*

When I try and do hostile RP I get sprayed down. Most people are so afraid I'm gonna take their shit when you can ask Jake and a few others whom have enjoyed my hostile RP. People do have fear RP it's only when they're able to spray you down. :/

I think like many others here have expressed it is all dependent on the caliber of the RPer you take hostage and what kind of character they are. For many by this time in the outbreak they get guns shoved in their face quite often. Not saying it doesn't make you scared in some way but many are starting to become somewhat desensitized to it by now. Depending on the character I'm playing I have a large range of reactions to being a hostage. From challenging them to a knife fight as prophet to being scared and begging as my merchant character. But I won't disagree with many others who have posted here about "being salty". I've definitely witnessed it and it's quite sad. I guess find better people to take hostage?

Since my three months I have been robbed around 30 times( no exaggeration). I try my best to act as scared as possible but it over all just gets annoying when i get released and instantly just get robbed again and have to go through the same 30 min process all over agin even though I have nothing. I have never robbed a single person ever so I really have no idea what it's like being on the other side.

Since my three months I have been robbed around 30 times( no exaggeration). I try my best to act as scared as possible but it over all just gets annoying when i get released and instantly just get robbed again and have to go through the same 30 min process all over agin even though I have nothing. I have never robbed a single person ever so I really have no idea what it's like being on the other side.

I don't know what, but you are doing something seriously wrong.

It's only when I go out solo. I think your character tried to rob me yesterday.

My character is too used to being held up, causing him to think ahead and do what they are about to ask him to do (e.g. Drop your shit etc.). I guess it's how some characters are, right? I guess you could be onto something here.

False, I didn't even play yesterday.

False, I didn't even play yesterday.

Sorry, It happens so much I lose track

Never happens to me. I never really comply, so no real experience in being scared.

Change your playstyle then ? Bandit are so overated.

No I think my play style is fine, also I'm not a bandit so I don't know where you got that from, and even if I was how is it overrated?

I agree with this 100%. I think this ties into shitty pain RP as well, when hostages show little to no pain when you torture them.

Fuck off with comments like that. If you have nothing constructive to say then leave, the door is right there. Thanks.

Why do you say that?

I think campfireRP is overrated.

Perhaps you want to elaborate more on this post?

I think part of it might be the character itself. I understand this is not a majority of the case but for example. My main char Ami, has been taken hostage more times than I can count. Combined with the shit that has happened to her since she has been alive in game like 2 years now, she really isn't afraid of people pointing guns and shit at her for the most part. While playing my alts on the other hand, they don't have that experience that turned her to stone, so they (and myself tbh) get far more panicked and scared when the rifles start pointing.

It happens now and then.  Usually it is because they are either new and it may be their first or one of their first times being taken as a hostage so they may be overthinking it or just so caught up in the fact they have been taken hostage that they forget a few things, or just over exited or they may just simply not understand that you shouldn't be a cyborg supersoldier who can't feel pain.  Other times it may be because they are salty OOC and would rather not be there, while other times they may genuinely have reason not to be that scared (e.g. they know they have you outnumbered and are watching and getting ready to steam roll you or to see how things play out.  In terms of the "salty" and/or annoyed reactions, sometimes this just happens out of frustration of the hostages because the hostage takers simply aren't as awesome as they think they are, I find it helps to try and contact people occassionally to see how they found the experience on their end, especially when you try new things, it just hellps to fine tune things, you would be suprised how many people will give constructive feedback.

There are also times where you may doing things in text and they simply miss it so you don't get any reaction, it isn't intentional, its just a slip.  There are also times when the hostage takers have no idea what they are doing and there are so many people talking over each other at the same time that its more confusing than "scary".

As another point, you shouldn't expect all hostages to simply break down into tears and start begging for their lives, not everyone reacts the same to getting a gun shoved in their face, some people get terrified, some people get really angry.  Thats not to say that a hostage should sit their not giving a shit about it, but "fear" can show itself in different forms, and hostage takers should allow for this, as long as the hostage isn't just blatantly showing NVFL.