Server time: 2017-08-17, 10:01

Sign in to follow this  

This happen to anyone else?

I feel that every person I have ever taken hostage gives no emotion of being scared, like i'm talking 10 of my people raising guns to his/her head threatening their life but they act like we have some fuckin nerf guns aimed at him/her. Sure they react to pain and do everything else fine, but I never see an emotion of fear.

I mean sure you can be an asshole and stuff but show some emotion that you're actually scared for your life.

Just wanted to know if this is the same for anyone else and if you think that people should act scared. I'm not saying everyone has to but I feel like absolutely no one does, maybe i'm just not scary.

Most of the time when people get taken hostage, they get angry OOC and it shows in their RP (uninterested and just no emotions in general) and then they most of the time they put up a report after the situation on the hostile party for BadRP or Invalid something. They will say "No I'm not salty I swear" but trust me it's bullshit most of the time. That's why no one RP's fear, they can't focus on the game while their pissed off about losing all their shit.

Most of the time when people get taken hostage, they get angry OOC and it shows in their RP (uninterested and just no emotions in general) and then they most of the time they put up a report after the situation on the hostile party for BadRP or Invalid something. They will say "No I'm not salty I swear" but trust me it's bullshit most of the time. That's why no one RP's fear, they can't focus on the game while their pissed off about losing all their shit.

Pains me to say how right you are.

Dishes    159

Yeah it happens. Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes people just don't know how to react properly to it when their adrenaline is pumping, who knows. I know when I first joined here I acted all bit and tough because I honestly just didn't really understand how to react realistically. I've only ever pointed my gun at someone like, once, so I don't really have much first hand knowledge on this.

Me personally, I've cried while being hostage before, I usually put a lot into my hostage RP.

Nihoolious    1092

People are salty you took them hostage so they decide to make your rp experience a living hell. They don't show pain. They either give mad lip or don't talk at all. They deny anything you ask to do or just straight up go ooc the whole time. And to top it all off, when you kill them for non compliance they either report you or flame you on the forums.

Its the struggle of being a hostile rper. You ain't alone my dude.

isocade    90

If someone is incapable of at least typing out something along the lines of- *Visibly sweats upon seeing the guns aimed toward himself/herself* or even a very blatant *Is scared*, then they probably shouldn't be on the server.

Not all roleplay has to be done through voice exclusively, hostages. You have a keyboard to type, use it.

I've been doing text roleplay on my latest character and I'm able to put more emotion into their words and actions than I was with using just the microphone. I'm sure mixing it would end up with a nice result.

-snip-

That's what I want to see honestly, can I take you hostage?

-snip- 

If this is the reality than that blows man...honestly getting taken hostage is some of the best rp in my opinion and to see it wasted is just annoying.

-snip-

We should make a guide, "how to be a good hostage"

Dishes    159

-snip-

Of course! I love being hostage ^-^

Ramon    330

-snip-

-snip- 

If this is the reality than that blows man...honestly getting taken hostage is some of the best rp in my opinion and to see it wasted is just annoying.

-snip-

We should make a guide, "how to be a good hostage"

To be honest there is already a guide for being a hostage.

Now I have to agree with you about the whole hostage thing.

Often people are not scared even when there are 10 raised guns pointed at your head.

I honestly didn't know that guy behind me was with you haha

People show pain RP, because the rules say you have to.

The presence of the rules will always dictate the way people act IG. "They can't kill me because I'm a compliant hostage"- This is the reason why you don't actually get any fearRP. Slap 'em around a bit, yeah, the'll react, but they wont be scared.

You will always meet robots. This online acting game isn't full of professionals after all.

+1 Rin

SweetJoe    278

I feel that every person I have ever taken hostage gives no emotion of being scared, like i'm talking 10 of my people raising guns to his/her head threatening their life but they act like we have some fuckin nerf guns aimed at him/her. Sure they react to pain and do everything else fine, but I never see an emotion of fear.

I mean sure you can be an asshole and stuff but show some emotion that you're actually scared for your life.

Just wanted to know if this is the same for anyone else and if you think that people should act scared. I'm not saying everyone has to but I feel like absolutely no one does, maybe i'm just not scary.

I dunno, as far into the apocalypse as we are, and given the gruff nature of many of the people I meet, I feel most are waiting to die, therefore do not fear it.

If someone is incapable of at least typing out something along the lines of- *Visibly sweats upon seeing the guns aimed toward himself/herself* or even a very blatant *Is scared*, then they probably shouldn't be on the server.

Not all roleplay has to be done through voice exclusively, hostages. You have a keyboard to type, use it.

I've been doing text roleplay on my latest character and I'm able to put more emotion into their words and actions than I was with using just the microphone. I'm sure mixing it would end up with a nice result.

I smoke a lot of weed through Text while I smoke weed...during hostage situations...does that count?

Vader    13

It's not always about people being salty, some people get a lot of adrenaline and don't know what to do or say

MrBlairdom    11

My two cents on the whole situation:

You may want to take into consideration the amount of times someone has been taken hostage. Put yourself in his/her shoes for a bit. Maybe, up to the 10th time he/she acted all scared and shit, but you were not the captor. Maybe, now, on the 11th time he/she got held up, doesn't feel like going through the whole process. I don't know. I'm just trying to give an answer to a question. Sometimes, the repetitiveness of an action drags around with it a lack of interest.

Others mentioned the saltiness of the whole event that may be quite a good explanation for some cases, but you gotta take into consideration the fact that some people are not experienced role-players or simply emotionally and with the pressure of being in that situation, they tend t overlook certain aspects. It's one thing to be salty and give your captor a hard time (bad hostile RP) and it's something totally different to be overwhelmed by emotions in real life.

I think complaining about people's reaction to you being a bastard in-game is quite unnecessary. I've seen people, 'bad ass people', not caring about anything just because they know that the rules protect them to a certain degree. It's not just the hostages that are having problems acting out fear.

All you see these days is hostile RP. Like I've said on a past occasion, the 'Whose roleplay did you enjoy today' is filled with killers, captors, thieves, slavers...c'mon, are we really going to complain that the few that are not playing ass-holes are not acting out fear, while they do indeed act out pain and do whatever you tell them to do? Maybe cutting out a nipple, crippling their character...It's easy for you to act out all bad ass when you got a guy held up and your friends are there to back you up.

There are, indeed, certain pointers that improve the RP for all parties involved, just like someone mentioned - an actual guide, but I honestly think there's no reason to complain about someone not acting out fear while being taken hostage for the 10th time...Even less reason to complain if someone's been taken hostage for the first time. Just as captors and hostile RPers need to fine tune their ways, the hostages need time as well. Some will just be completely bored, some will just be a-holes, giving you a hard time, others are just not that experienced. I see no reason to make a thread and complain about it.

My opinion, of course :)

I usually RP fear. Not always tho but when it feels right in certain situations, even if I have a gun in my hands and someone that doesn't have a gun just uses their words right.

Grimnir    584

I'll just say, my character had so many guns pointed at him that he got kind of used to it, he knows the drill of getting robbed. He indeed is scared when there is the chance of dying, but he will do everything in his power to hide it. He does this, because if he takes you hostage and you are scared, he will hurt you worse, a punishment for you being weak. So yes my character is scared, but he will only show it at a breaking point, for example when he was cut multiple times and then doused in gasoline ready to get burned alive. OOCly of course an empty threat, but ICly he thought he would meet his maker.

-snip-

Was never complaining just wanted to see if people also experience this.

I'll just say, my character had so many guns pointed at him that he got kind of used to it, he knows the drill of getting robbed. He indeed is scared when there is the chance of dying, but he will do everything in his power to hide it. He does this, because if he takes you hostage and you are scared, he will hurt you worse, a punishment for you being weak. So yes my character is scared, but he will only show it at a breaking point, for example when he was cut multiple times and then doused in gasoline ready to get burned alive. OOCly of course an empty threat, but ICly he thought he would meet his maker.

Well even then that's ok but I've done some pretty fucked up shit to people and they just make a pain noise and go back to just acting like they are a badass. And I wouldn't say it's me I feel my hostile situations are fun.

I usually RP fear. Not always tho but when it feels right in certain situations, even if I have a gun in my hands and someone that doesn't have a gun just uses their words right.

Oh trust me fox, I know xD

Nihoolious    1092

My two cents on the whole situation:

You may want to take into consideration the amount of times someone has been taken hostage. Put yourself in his/her shoes for a bit. Maybe, up to the 10th time he/she acted all scared and shit, but you were not the captor. Maybe, now, on the 11th time he/she got held up, doesn't feel like going through the whole process. I don't know. I'm just trying to give an answer to a question. Sometimes, the repetitiveness of an action drags around with it a lack of interest.

Others mentioned the saltiness of the whole event that may be quite a good explanation for some cases, but you gotta take into consideration the fact that some people are not experienced role-players or simply emotionally and with the pressure of being in that situation, they tend t overlook certain aspects. It's one thing to be salty and give your captor a hard time (bad hostile RP) and it's something totally different to be overwhelmed by emotions in real life.

I think complaining about people's reaction to you being a bastard in-game is quite unnecessary. I've seen people, 'bad ass people', not caring about anything just because they know that the rules protect them to a certain degree. It's not just the hostages that are having problems acting out fear.

All you see these days is hostile RP. Like I've said on a past occasion, the 'Whose roleplay did you enjoy today' is filled with killers, captors, thieves, slavers...c'mon, are we really going to complain that the few that are not playing ass-holes are not acting out fear, while they do indeed act out pain and do whatever you tell them to do? Maybe cutting out a nipple, crippling their character...It's easy for you to act out all bad ass when you got a guy held up and your friends are there to back you up.

There are, indeed, certain pointers that improve the RP for all parties involved, just like someone mentioned - an actual guide, but I honestly think there's no reason to complain about someone not acting out fear while being taken hostage for the 10th time...Even less reason to complain if someone's been taken hostage for the first time. Just as captors and hostile RPers need to fine tune their ways, the hostages need time as well. Some will just be completely bored, some will just be a-holes, giving you a hard time, others are just not that experienced. I see no reason to make a thread and complain about it.

My opinion, of course :)

Wow.

All we see these days is hostile RP? I'm sorry but how do you know that when you only spend time up north purposely avoiding people?

I'm reading a lot of 'was great torturing...', 'had a blast shooting...', 'hanging...', 'beating...' and I'm starting to think what kind of RP do people actually do. I'm just saying, but judging by the amount of killing, subduing, hostage taking going on, I think I'll just stick to the woods and RP a lone wolf.

I'm glad people are having fun, but I was just wondering if that awaits me outside my comfort Northern zone.

If someone is taken multiple times then sure they wouldn't act as if it was their first time being held at gunpoint. Then again, how exactly does someone get themselves captured so often in the first place? You'd think by then they'd have learned how to behave so that they don't get robbed. Sure not all people are experienced in role play, we were all there once. However we just want people to actually try and give a fuck.

And if there is no reason to complain about hostages giving shit rp, then there is no reason to complain about "bastards" wanting to have a better rp experience.

Grimnir    584

-snip-

Well even then that's ok but I've done some pretty fucked up shit to people and they just make a pain noise and go back to just acting like they are a badass. And I wouldn't say it's me I feel my hostile situations are fun.

I can see your point. I will never insult my hostage taker, because of obvious reasons, I see that so often and it just makes me sad. But on the other hand it really depends, if you are showing how scared you are people will use that against you, at least I do. So I wouldn't always say it's shit RP, sometimes it's actually thought through, but then again I don't really know how exactly you would define badass. As long as he isn't insulting me and telling me how bad at torturing I am I wouldn't call him badass, but that's maybe just me. I don't expect everyone to break, most people have been through hell already.

I can't really tell you what the problem in your situations is, since I never RPed with you. Maybe it's bad luck, maybe your hostage or maybe even you. To be honest after quite some time of robbing and torturing people I can tell you, that you have to adjust your expectations depending on who you are torturing and for what reason. I had multiple hostile encounters that were set up OOC (only that they would happen not how) and they were great, simply because I know that the person i am playing with knows how to react and I know what to expect.

MrBlairdom    11

Since I made that post, I actually ventured South. A little detail you might wanna know. And just for the sake of the argument - my first experience after having reached the lower-middle area of the map? I got taken hostage by a group of 3 men. 

Moreover, I never said I was purposely avoiding people - I was avoiding a certain type of people. How does one get taken hostage/robbed so many times? Well, a simple answer to a simple question: way more hostile RPers than friendly RPers.

I was never actually complaining about 'bastards' wanting a good experience. I suggest you read messages more carefully next time, my friend.

Nihoolious    1092

Since I made that post, I actually ventured South. A little detail you might wanna know. And just for the sake of the argument - my first experience after having reached the lower-middle area of the map? I got taken hostage by a group of 3 men. 

Moreover, I never said I was purposely avoiding people - I was avoiding a certain type of people. How does one get taken hostage/robbed so many times? Well, a simple answer for a simple question: way more hostile RPers than friendly RPers.

I was never actually complaining about 'bastards' wanting a good experience. I suggest you read messages more carefully next time, my friend.

You say you were taken hostage like its an atrocity.

Never said I was avoiding people, says hes avoiding a certain type of people ???

There are not more hostile rpers than passive ones at all. In fact, I'd say there is a pretty even distribution going on right now. Its just that the more hostile people play around the same time and spike in population during the server hours while there are always friendlier rpers online throughout the day.

Looking through your posts you seem to have a real problem anything hostile or involving players versus players. I'm not sure what you were trying to achieve with your passive aggressive posts on here other than to trigger me (it worked). Trust me, I have been reading your messages carefully.

Davos    5

I try to play nervous more than scared, but when I gun gets pointed at me, I shut the frak up right quick. But it should also be noted everyone here has survived years in the zombie apocalypse and that kind of fear dulls after a while just about anything unless they some how found a steady and safe lifestyle in game.

Most people don't like being taken hostage. That's one of the huge reasons why they don't show fear. Now me playing Scottie I love showing fear because it's kinda fun. People should just swallow their pride and give good hostage RP. Or it's not fun for anyone. I wish people would play a little more realistically or let you perma death their character if they want to act like they don't care ect.

But oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I'll give you good hostage RP billy :)