Server time: 2017-08-21, 06:53

Sign in to follow this  
Elmo

Deranged RP

Elmo    914

I don't know about the rest of the community but I personally find people who role-play as borderline psychopaths who enjoy torture to be quite boring, at least in my own experience with the "torturing psycho" RP cliche. For myself, I'd prefer someone who operates in the grey areas of morality, for example my own character Maxwell is against killing in all forms but isn't afraid to threaten, torture and quite enjoys amputation in a morbidly curious sense. I enjoy that kind of role-play as opposed to the stereotypical abduct, torture and scar RP I've experienced recently. Whilst that is fun every once in a while, it'd be a whole lot more entertaining and fun to operate as someone who wants to blow off steam from the pressures of living in Chernarus, rather than being a psychopath that enjoys carving initials into your back and cannot be reasoned with. 

For me, that doesn't feel dynamic, that doesn't feel fun and that certainly doesn't qualify as a good night's RP.

I'd really enjoy hearing the community's thoughts on the matter.

I don't know about the rest of the community but I personally find people who role-play as borderline psychopaths who enjoy torture to be quite boring, at least in my own experience with the "torturing psycho" RP cliche. 

You obviously haven't ran into me yet. ;)

Elmo    914

I don't know about the rest of the community but I personally find people who role-play as borderline psychopaths who enjoy torture to be quite boring, at least in my own experience with the "torturing psycho" RP cliche. 

You obviously haven't ran into me yet. ;)

Hope our meeting cuts deep ;)

Mr. night    4

I don't really enjoy that deranged rp all the time, it can be though done correctly by some people who are good rpers, I have run into a lot of crazies who don't give rp and some who really send chills down my spine, for me my character doesn't believe in torture sometimes and will more or less kill people instead of torturing because if an action warrants torture then it sure as hell is killable, plus my guy doesn't believe in second chances.

Honestly. It's all about originality. If you play the normal psycho it'll get boring for everyone. Think for a while and come up with an awesome crazy. For insistence. I played a psycho named Charlie Howell that based all his torture techniques off magic tricks. People really liked it, and they also liked my yelling. It's all about being original, and if you play them right.

Aiko    578

Well if your asking about Psychopaths in general, then there are many ways to play it which I always thought would be fun to try sooner or later. Though, people think playing a Psychopath is all about torture, scaring, and what not. There is much more you can add onto that, in many different cases IRL Psychopaths are very deceiving and manipulative. They have no real emotions, but they can mimic them well. Leading people into false trust, and then doing their damage. Which, can make it much more interesting and progressive toward roleplay. If rping a Psychopath is what you want to try, I would watch some documentaries and research the illness you want to portray.

Then you have Sociopaths, which is different from a Psychopath but people seem to like to lump them together a lot. Sociopaths tend to be easily agitated and angered. Leading them to have emotional outbursts, as well as fits of rage. They are not good at planning and are usually very disorganized with how things are. They however can form attachments to people, unlike Physcopaths.

There are other types of mental illnesses that people play. Me for example, I play someone with Multiple personalities. Also known as Dissociative Identity Disorder. There are a few guides, if you need help learning more on these illnesses.

I don't know about the rest of the community but I personally find people who role-play as borderline psychopaths who enjoy torture to be quite boring, at least in my own experience with the "torturing psycho" RP cliche. For myself, I'd prefer someone who operates in the grey areas of morality, for example my own character Maxwell is against killing in all forms but isn't afraid to threaten, torture and quite enjoys amputation in a morbidly curious sense. I enjoy that kind of role-play as opposed to the stereotypical abduct, torture and scar RP I've experienced recently. Whilst that is fun every once in a while, it'd be a whole lot more entertaining and fun to operate as someone who wants to blow off steam from the pressures of living in Chernarus, rather than being a psychopath that enjoys carving initials into your back and cannot be reasoned with. 

For me, that doesn't feel dynamic, that doesn't feel fun and that certainly doesn't qualify as a good night's RP.

I'd really enjoy hearing the community's thoughts on the matter.

Look harder lad, we are there, we just play that well that you can't really see it ;)