Server time: 2017-08-18, 14:42

Sign in to follow this  
LightGhillie

DayzRP App

LightGhillie    84

So I was thinking that maybe with the new website then maybe we can have some type of App that will send annoucements to our phones notifications. And maybe a phone friendly way to post stuff. Sorry if this was already suggested.

developing an app is not an easy task, with android you need to develop for a wide array of devices and with apple there is a cost to upload to the app store. I'm not against it but I don't see it happening.

new website will probably be responsive and mobile friendly from the box and if not it will probably be compatible with tapatalk/have it's own mobile version

Castiel    1124

Been suggested before. The new website will be mobile friendly, making it much easier to use. :)

Rolle    2447

New website should support push notifications for mobile. It requires a compatible browser like Chrome though. I haven't tested it either, but that's what the specs say.

New website should support push notifications for mobile. It requires a compatible browser like Chrome though. I haven't tested it either, but that's what the specs say.

Thats actually good to know. hate waking up, checking the forums through my phone and it making me need to zoom in to click a link

Rolle    2447

Thats actually good to know. hate waking up, checking the forums through my phone and it making me need to zoom in to click a link

Yeah, the new website is significantly better in that regard. You can test it here.

LightGhillie    84

Yeah, the new website is significantly better in that regard. You can test it here.

Looks really good Rolle :)

The site is currently a pain to use on moblie, +1

Raptor    153

+1 to this but I would probably just use the new website on mobile when it drops.

If you have an iPhone, you can click on the little box with the arrow pointing up on a website and then press "add to home screen." it will appear almost as an app on your home screen.

Fanatic    0

What about those multiple forum apps I've seen? one of which, I believe, is called taptalk?

Dishes    159

developing an app is not an easy task, with android you need to develop for a wide array of devices and with apple there is a cost to upload to the app store. I'm not against it but I don't see it happening.

Exactly this mhm.