Server time: 2017-10-22, 06:39
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Bran

Gun Markings

Bran    0

So, I saw an image a while ago of an AK that had a name marked on the weapon. This would be achieved by dragging a knife onto your weapon of choice then I presume you are bought up with a typing prompt in which you could put anything you want (or so I gather)

644x31814440764_1260127557371193_32324553729852 [/img]

[align=left]Since I know that a lot of people RP weapons or objects having special unique markings I thought this could be a good addition to the game, but at the rate of development it seems like a lot of things would priorities this. As an RP community, I think we could use this feature not just on weapons but on objects and possibly static objects such as walls or on the sides of houses. This could (if you could chose the baldness depending on what tool you use to create the markings) be rather useful in my eyes if someone was to create a camp. It would give them a means to show that its a claimed area (take Camp Hope for example, you would be able to carve the words "Camp Hope" into the sign, showing that its Camp Hope)

Do you guys think that it could also be used on static objects or should it just stay on weapons?

Kerkkoh    49

If the Enfusion engine hasn't had many changes, making this possible would be pretty hard. Could be photoshopped or could be some new shiny technology they are implementing in the engine, but I doubt it since they are working their asses off with everything else as well.

If this does, however, become a feature, it will be suuper cool.

My honest oppinion on this is that the markings could be very usefull, and add a lot to the rp side of this game.

But i think they should be kept only on weapons, if not the game will be clusterfucky all around the map, with every tree, every wall, basicly everything will be carved.

I know what you are trying to say, and IRL its used a lot, but in a game like this, everyone will abuse it a lot, even if myself think it would be very cool, that if it won't be overused and abused.But i bet the both of us know, that the abuse will happen at one point, if this will come out. :)

Faith    732

I'd love to see graffiti detailing in game. Seeing names and drawings would look awesome tbh!

Raptor    188

Still prioritizing growable beards over this but it still looks neat.

Bran    0

Actually yeah, I would prefer them to priorities beards because they are more realistic

also they look dope as fuck

If this comes in the form of being able to put it on walls as well...Well damn, I have a graffiti artist who will be making a return, and plastering her name on every city.

Slash    87

I really hope they add this.

Would be really fun picking up a weapon that already has some name written on it.

Ramon    360

It would be really nice to have this in the game. But to be honest I don't think it will come to the game.

At least not for a couple of years hahaha. Maybe if they add modding tools?

Shane    570

This would be pretty sick to be honest but I would rather the beards I think.

zelik    13

Actually this wouldn't be too hard "if" the weapons already had a hidden selections for it but, I know for a fact they don't. If though, I could actually get this working in a matter of minutes with all of the stuff I have figured out. I could definitely get a kill count/hash mark system for the weapons because I know they have a hiddenselection for that I could use. There would have to be a limit though because, I wouldn't want to make 100+ new textures for each weapon.

Bran    0

Actually this wouldn't be too hard "if" the weapons already had a hidden selections for it but, I know for a fact they don't. If though, I could actually get this working in a matter of minutes with all of the stuff I have figured out. I could definitely get a kill count/hash mark system for the weapons because I know they have a hiddenselection for that I could use. There would have to be a limit though because, I wouldn't want to make 100+ new textures for each weapon.

I think that if they were to implement this and only have select things that you could have on the weapons that a kill counter would be one of them since it seems that it would be used more for that

zelik    13

Actually yeah, I would prefer them to priorities beards because they are more realistic

The aging\beard growing stuff is already in the config files. Hopefully it won't be much longer until it goes live.

I think that if they were to implement this and only have select things that you could have on the weapons that a kill counter would be one of them since it seems that it would be used more for that

I had actually thought about adding the possibility to put your name on things but, the number of outcomes just for initials is 17,576. Having a kill count on a gun or it's buttstock would be cool and I could limit it to say 100. Could you imagine killing a guy at his base grabbing his gun and it having a kill count of 99 on the buttstock and then when you check in his tent he has 5 more buttstocks all with 100 on them.

Bran    0

The aging\beard growing stuff is already in the config files. Hopefully it won't be much longer until it goes live.

I had actually thought about adding the possibility to put your name on things but, the number of outcomes just for initials is 17,576. Having a kill count on a gun or it's buttstock would be cool and I could limit it to say 100. Could you imagine killing a guy at his base grabbing his gun and it having a kill count of 99 on the buttstock and then when you check in his tent he has 5 more buttstocks all with 100 on them.

Im not even sure someone can get 100 kills with the same weapon, so I can agree to this +1