Server time: 2017-08-20, 11:54

Sign in to follow this  
Coreena

Changing The OOC Hate Rules

Coreena    91

I've been hearing a bit of talk about banning snakes and such, specifically adding a "NO SNAKING" rule. Perhaps instead of punishing people for reporting potential rule-breaks (AKA snaking), though its really fucking shitty, maybe instead change the rules a bit regarding OOC hate. After briefly skimming over the community and forum rules, it mentions community members being mature towards one another. Maybe staff should build upon this and create more clarification about what is mature and what is not. Cause I personally think it's mature to not talk shit to someone's face but instead just vent towards a friend.

Is it considered mature to vent to a friend over a private message about your dislike for an individual in the community? What if I vent to said friend about a PERMA-BANNED player and express my dislike for them? It's no longer considered OOC hate if that friend snakes me, right? But in both situations I do not affect the person I am speaking about so why is this considered being hateful?

There is a very big difference between talking shit about someone to one individual and talking shit about someone to a room full of people. One is considered hate and another one is considered a dislike. It's about the effort that you put into expressing your negative feelings about somebody that brings you to the line between immature and mature and the line between hatred and dislike. 

I think it's time to stop banning people for disliking someone.

CoWZ05t.gif

+1 to this too. I think this along with the other suggestion about Statue of Limitations would do some real good in mowing the lawn so snakes can't breed.

#MowTheLawn

+1 Urite ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

I agree.

The fact that people literally save things to use as evidence later to get someone punished when it suits them is disgusting.

+1 from me if that means anything anymore.

Raptor    156

+1 as long as the community members are mature about it like you stated

Like I said in the other thread, why is it their business to infiltrate shit they are not involved in.

+1

Killerwelden    153

+1 I'm Completely With You On This One Coreena.

+1. Gotta be a limit to this sort've stuff.

People just need to grow up and not let the opinion of someone on the internet effect them so much.

But +1 still

Coreena I hate you but this is till a good idea so I'm going to have to give this a big old +1.

Coreena    91

This is honestly a serious issue. I understand that we will have new rules implemented eventually but there are people getting actively perma-banned for generally silly things and it is going to happen again. I've seen people explain how this is a gaming community and we are just here to have fun and we shouldn't be talking shit about people, but virtually everyone does it... Even some staff. It's human nature to dislike people and if I'm not causing any issues for the person by speaking about them, I don't think I should be punished for it. What this community really is about is the game-play and the role-play. Why is that being sacrificed for community members who express their opinions subtly? 

I think if things like this get enough attention from enough people staff will have no choice but to address it. If not, then at least spread awareness to people to be careful with what they say to anyone, because anybody in this community could no longer be your friend at a split second. Supposedly this is a place for fun, but I have to walk on eggshells with my wording instead of focusing on the purpose of the community.

+1 . I can agree with this.

Coreena    91

Coreena I hate you but this is till a good idea so I'm going to have to give this a big old +1.

xD Please no one report him, because god forbid someone might.

This is honestly a serious issue.

You're right it really is and you thought me and Uriki were being silly when we wouldnt let you randomly into our channel the other week.

Trust no one seriously

+1 really good idea

New Rule Names:

The Lawnmower

The Antidote

Anti-Snake contingent

All jokes aside, +1. People need to get out of there homes once in a while and realize the world isn't roses and rainbows. The Internet especially is a hell of a lot worse. If you go on the internet, learn to grow a pair or thicker skin, because with anonymity, anything can and will be said. Especially when it comes to DayZRP, it has fallen into similarities of a damn highschool. People are slowly becoming :

tumblr_inline_nhq3xeCmYn1ruaykv.jpg

And it is fucking despicable

The Marshal    351

+1 Agree, this is an RP community where we support freedom of expression, not a dictatorship simulator in which we practice watching oppression wordlessly.

+1 . I can agree with this.

Redbond9    14

+1 I think this should get looked at more due to i don't want to worry about going to my friend and saying i dont like this person for this reason then they ban me for no reason aside for I was expressing my Feeling... plus i think people need to get some thicker skin as Jimmy above has said and just chill.

Chief    597

There needs to be a line drawn and people need to know that we are here to have fun. if you dont like someone take a hint and just hold your tongue. We are all (mostly) adults right?