Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 11:54 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Hollows

Statute of Limitations for Evidence?

It's a business for me, it's a community for you. You're not involved in any part of the business, remember? ;)

My bank statements and my "premium" status shows otherwise.

I think you will find im a customer mate ;)

Yes, a customer. Customers are not involved in the business :D

It's a business for me, it's a community for you. You're not involved in any part of the business, remember? ;)

Customers drive the business. No customers, no business. They are an integral part of the business.

Customers drive the business. No customers, no business. They are an integral part of the business.

Part of, not involved in. Please...

Youre not wrong covert. On another spectrum Rolle has the supply, no other community can do what dayzrp does. Hes got a monopoly and knows it, he calls the shots at the end of the day

But on another note evidence past a few days on something like this should be void. People gain blackmail to fuck people they dont like in the future.. Stupid

I hope you know there is more to owning this "buisness" then you think.

As a business major, I could help ya out if you gave me a special rank ;)

I'd love to, but we should probably get back on topic, which was to limit the time on when you can submit the evidence.

And like I said in my last post, which was probably missed, the idea is good and I like it, however most of the evidence we get has no date visible on it, so the rule would be unpractical. And in the case of really bad stuff someone has done we would ignore the rule anyway, so I'm not sure if it's really needed in the end? I mean obviously if someone sends us a screenshot of a one liner someone posted a year ago then we may or may not disregard it anyway. It's all judged on case to case basis by the admin team whether or not something is of abusive nature or not.

I'd love to, but we should probably get back on topic, which was to limit the time on when you can submit the evidence.

And like I said in my last post, which was probably missed, the idea is good and I like it, however most of the evidence we get has no date visible on it, so the rule would be unpractical. And in the case of really bad stuff someone has done we would ignore the rule anyway, so I'm not sure if it's really needed in the end? I mean obviously if someone sends us a screenshot of a one liner someone posted a year ago then we may or may not disregard it anyway. It's all judged on case to case basis by the admin team whether or not something is of abusive nature or not.

Rolle, I can recall abusive things you said while in the Banter skype, some of which involved you using some derogatory and racist words towards the kids there, this was well over a year ago, if you were not owner, would i be able to use this against you a year later if you got on my bad side?

Cause thats the type of behaviour you are promoting.

Ad no threat intended. <3

Fuck yes, bring an end to the petty bullshit +1

Basically this

+1

-Snip-

Thank you for your response, Rolle. 

Allow me to attempt to help out with another suggestion:

This rule shouldn't be that difficult to date/timestamp something. Everything that is reportable IG can be logged through your logs for DayZ and TS3, so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Now, the OOC portion of this rule can be tricky, but I'd rather have this rule enacted and attempted to be enforced to lessen the chance of blackmail and other occurrences / explosions within the community to occur again. Forcing someone to timestamp something saves people from being banned for something you'd 'throw out' shall it be well aged and nowhere near recent. 

Example - IkA4Ej7.png

Something like this, if something is going to be OOCly reported for something, should be a requirement.

Because, I can easily do this: 

QdnXFXH.png

There you go. Let's say instead of my first timestamp reading 10/13/2016, lets subtract a year and say it's 10/13/2015... Well, in the second screen-shot, I've edited it so you have NO idea when it's from. So I'd be logically receiving punishment for something WELL over a year old. If someone is going to be PERMANENTLY removed from the community, they best have proper documentation showing it was recent and has no dust from being on the shelf for so long.

Rolle, I can recall abusive things you said while in the Banter skype, some of which involved you using some derogatory and racist words towards the kids there, this was well over a year ago, if you were not owner, would i be able to use this against you a year later if you got on my bad side?

This right here. And yes you could enforced this rule. All evidence needs a time stamp. No timestamp, false/invalid evidence.

I'm so glad someone brought this up. I've seen this happen on a couple occasions and it's really childish and immature. +1

-Snip-

Thank you for your response, Rolle. 

Allow me to attempt to help out with another suggestion:

This rule shouldn't be that difficult to date/timestamp something. Everything that is reportable IG can be logged through your logs for DayZ and TS3, so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Now, the OOC portion of this rule can be tricky, but I'd rather have this rule enacted and attempted to be enforced to lessen the chance of blackmail and other occurrences / explosions within the community to occur again. Forcing someone to timestamp something saves people from being banned for something you'd 'throw out' shall it be well aged and nowhere near recent. 

Example - IkA4Ej7.png

Something like this, if something is going to be OOCly reported for something, should be a requirement.

Because, I can easily do this: 

QdnXFXH.png

There you go. Let's say instead of my first timestamp reading 10/13/2016, lets subtract a year and say it's 10/13/2015... Well, in the second screen-shot, I've edited it so you have NO idea when it's from. So I'd be logically receiving punishment for something WELL over a year old. If someone is going to be PERMANENTLY removed from the community, they best have proper documentation showing it was recent and has no dust from being on the shelf for so long. Because if people are taking screen-shots to save, they can take the extra time to not snip out the time/date, too.

Edit: Whoops. Accidentally posted twice. My bad. :>

I definitely like this idea.

Not sure why this hasn't been addressed yet. There were around 15-20 people in that skype. Doesn't seem like you cared too much about not being offensive then. Tired of this staff mentality that we're the ones who are fucked up and your shit doesn't smell. It's total BS. We've seen how staff talk about people so how are you going to pretend what Cory did was so appalling? Especially when the person who took the screenshot only used it when it suited their interests. This needs to end.

TBH I think the person who submitted the screenshots should be perm'ed if anything because obviously they were involved to some extent, what gives them clemency? The fact they outed someone to save their own asses? Seems like a double-edged sword to me, only one side is dull. But the point is what it is, I still am heavily in favor of working SOMETHING out to form a Statute of Limitations for reportable offences in this community. Won't be easy, but if there's a will, there's a damn way.

I'd like to see the slack conversation or hear the TS conversation bout this particular situation, I bet it is fueled with some stuff that would get some bans issued. Gotta get dem promotions somehow right?

I +1 this 100%, not just with Cory with others who I know for a fact were banned for stuff they did months prior to bring banned

I'd like to see the slack conversation or hear the TS conversation bout this particular situation, I bet it is fueled with some stuff that would get some bans issued. Gotta get dem promotions somehow right?

I +1 this 100%, not just with Cory with others who I know for a fact were banned for stuff they did months prior to bring banned

Disclaimer: I'm not here to pick and choose sides as I look at things from both sides, but see that's the problem, we can't look at this from both sides because we can't see any bits of this conversation that was in said slack chat.

Have to agree with Crunk on this one, I myself would also like to see this conversation that was outside of DayZRP servers, and still managed to get Cory banned even though it happened months ago.

Let's make a rule for every tiny thing am I right?

But this would be a good rule tho.

This feels like common sense TBH and like Rolle said it's impossible for staff to date things like this unless the other party has the date or its in the logs.

This feels like common sense TBH and like Rolle said it's impossible for staff to date things like this unless the other party has the date or its in the logs.

Like stated on the previous page, make it a requirement to have a date attached to the screenshot itself or else it can't be trusted. Problem /solved.

Like stated on the previous page, make it a requirement to have a date attached to the screenshot itself or else it can't be trusted. Problem /solved.

Thought those things were already required since when you do a report you have to slap the date etc,If the OP is found lying in a report he will be caught and points would be given out accordingly, but its screenshots that are for other offences then in game then yes I agree but this did not need a whole thread but yet again that's too simple..

Note:

If this thread was made due to the cory Perma thing then if I remember correctly Rolle said that further bans will be handed out once the suspects have been found and it would not matter how long it would take as it was an ongoing investigation.

This thread is made to safeguard people from their past, because people can (Currently) submit evidence w/o proof of a date and or time and you'd get permanently banned from the community over it. You, yourself, wouldn't want to be removed from the community from something you said months ago, or even in some rare cases, year(s) ago? All your time invested into the community was then wasted at that point.

You wouldn't want to be judged from something you did in your past, so there should be a Statute of Limitations for offenses short of hacking or actual OOC bullying that isn't just a snarky comment made in a private conversation outside the community. Because the system should be like public schools: If it doesn't happen on school grounds (DayZRP grounds/forums/TS3/Servers), then it's none of their business.

Finally, there is NOTHING wrong with proposing a new rule or change within the community. Because 9/10, these changes are made to benefit EVERYBODY. Yeah, it's tedious, but I'd rather be in a community where suggestions are openly taken into consideration than a dictatorship where everything is censored and what's law is law, period. At least we get somewhat of a say in what occurs in this domain this way.

-Snip-

That's a form of blackmailing in itself and there is already a rule on that if anything pics are the hardest things to debunk regarding evidence in a report and I agree on that, there should be a date requirement on them as those are harder to confirm.

I don't think anyone has been banned for doing something with evidence from a year ago or even exceeding 6 months + if so then that's pretty cheap and should indeed be marked as a form of blackmailing and the person that submits that report should be punished and not the accused in that instance.

Note:

This thread came off as a Cory pleading thread to me and if it's not so then I'm sorry for that misconception.