Server time: 2017-10-19, 11:08
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Angery

Application process problems.

Angery    0

As an eager player waiting to play the DayZ Roleplay servers i find it very annoying when during the application process if you get one question wrong which in reality shouldn't be wrong you have to wait for hours to try again.

I now have to wait 8 hours just because you have questions which have two answers.

For example, the -snip- question. I gave the answer about -snip-

Which is a totally valid answer, in fact if this happened to you in game, someone watching you without your knowledge just because they are abusing and even cheating the game mechanics you would feel the same way. And yes, in light of the other answer being correct which was the -snip- you can see where i am coming from. And this hour ban system is terrible.

I get that you are trying to keep the community as friendly as possible by only letting select few in but come on. There are certain other things you could do instead of a 4hour+ ban even if you get a single thing wrong.

You make your players spend way too much time trying to get in and stressing out about waiting to see if they will even be allowed or not.

If this carries on, just like the other players who have shared the same pain as me. I will leave and never come back.

Hopefully you can realise how many people you are losing here just because you are too paranoid.

Hopefully you can get back to be about this situation instead of ignoring this thread.

Castiel    1124

/Moved to General Discussion

Do not post whitelist questions and answers on the forums.

Nihoolious    1248

The whitelist is "hard" so that way the people who are most interested and dedicated get through and people who blame others for their mistakes don't. Using third person is not abusive of game mechanics or against the rules by the way. If it were, wouldn't you think we'd have first person only servers?

Clumsy    226

If you have any questions on the whitelist it is best to talk to a Community Helper in the Help Desk on teamspeak. They can help you better understand the rules if you find you are confused. The wait time is so that you can't just go in and try over and over until you guess to get it right. It's meant to give you time to read over the rules again to better understand them.

AndreyQ    0

Whitelist is hard for a reason. I understand that it can be frustrating for you and all the others but that is why we have the cooldown, it is for people to take a step back, re-read the rules and re-think what they did wrong.

Also, our Community Helpers are always there to help you with your questions, either via PM or via TS, which is what I personally recommend.

Wumby    0

It should be harder TBH. Others have suggested it. Maybe it will change with the new website

Anyhow. Good luck next time!

Chow    45

-Snip

This I fully agree on.

Anywho, 10 000 - 15 000, mabye even more people have succeded the whitelist. There are only one correct answer out of the four choices you get, so it cant be that hard. And if reading the Rules is to hard, well i hate to break it too you, but then you ain't fit to be here.

As all people will say, and have said. Continue reading, once you find the answer it will be obvious. Some questions are made to pull tricks on you, that is why you need to focus. I'm almost certain you will make it if you follow the above ^.

Frosty    0

Just take your time dude. We "Need" you to get them all right or you're gonna get banned for a rule break. We can't stress the fact on how important the rules are. Better luck next time, and ask questions if you're stuck.

It's hard so they make sure you know the rules. As a new member I got in a lot of trouble because I didn't read the rules good enough.

Hagger    117

We have the cooldown system to protect the person who is applying from not wasting all his attempts in one go.

On cooldown you should use the time to re-read the rules and the lore, try to understand why was the answer you chose wrong and what you should have chosen. Refresh your memory, take a breather and give another go after you are out of cooldown.

Someone who would be very impatient (like we all were) would take a second attempt straight away and possibly just fail again. Hell, I'm sure someone would use all the 5 attempts in one night if the cooldown wasn't there. Later they would regret on wasting every attempt they had.

Razareth    274

Good day friend, I can understand your pain.

I only got in on my 5th and final attempt.

I was annoyed and frustrated with the system and felt just like you do.

However, the only reason I felt that way is because I didn't use all the resources that was given to me to their fullest potential.

You have at your fingertips a vast Community eager to assist and get you in-game if you just ask.

I was amazed at how friendly, helpful and supportive people can be and it completely shattered my view of being this lone wolf doing things for himself.

I might suggest taking a step back, take in a deep breath and really take advantage of your resources.

The rules, lores and guides are their for a reason and the system in place is a worthy gate to get through.

The world of DayZRP is amazing and weakening security I think would spoil the experience for so many people.

Just be patient friend.

Nobody is going to spoon feed you the answers, but the Veterans here will surely try their up most best to enlighten you on all the possible ways and you will in the end find the answers that you seek.

Just remain strong.

Hope to see you Whitelisted and in-game :).

The whitelist is "hard" so that way the people who are most interested and dedicated get through and people who blame others for their mistakes don't. Using third person is not abusive of game mechanics or against the rules by the way. If it were, wouldn't you think we'd have first person only servers?

Im with Nihoolious on this one, its still a game, if you want to rp in first person, the most of luck for you, see how that works, its your choice,  and about the whitelist, if you think taking a bit of your time to actually read it, and understand it, well, why are you here?

Doc Phlox    24

The whitelist is hard, definitely. Not as hard as it used to be, but still challenging. I understand your frustration, but please believe we do it for the benefit of all. We want a community where people understand the rules and how to properly RP, so we can avoid as much as possible the heinous crimes of public servers.

In order to do so we have a selective screeing process to make sure you understand them.

If you need aid feel free to hop on TS and go to Help Desk, we are here to serve :)

Raptor    174

I don't see an issue with the whitelisting. It's very easy, just like studying for an open-book high school exam with the answers right in front of you. If anything they should make it harder. All you need is a little effort, time, and common sens. If you think it's a chore maybe DayZRP isn't the community for you.

Angery    0

I don't see an issue with the whitelisting. It's very easy, just like studying for an open-book high school exam with the answers right in front of you. If anything they should make it harder. All you need is a little effort, time, and common sens. If you think it's a chore maybe DayZRP isn't the community for you.

i do understand that now i have completed it and have looked back. 

Was simply frustrated with failing due to one question more than once that is all.

Thank you all of you for your comments, helped me realise i was being petty.

Rory    1560

It's Piss easy all you need to do is read the rules a couple times and imo, the application should be reverted back to the old ways of having to write everything yourself so you could tell who was eager to join this community and who wasn't. Right now it's too easy but you know, easier whitelist equals more players equals more customers equals more donations. ;)

-snip-

-snip-

Shots fired, Missiles launched, Nukes Droped!

+1 :D

I remember getting this question wrong, because i've read "third party" instead of "third person", so i assumed that it was about hacks or something.