Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:50
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
WilliAM

A very tough decisson

WilliAM    431

After my rolly chair has devoured three of my headsets, I figured it's time to get an actual microphone with headphones. I have heard the Blue Snowball is very good in quality, but I've also heard the Blue Yeti is one of the best mics on the market for the price. Also, I'm not really sure what the difference is between the 50$ version and the 70$ version of the snowballs. The Blue yeti is considerably more expensive than the snowballs, at about 112$. My budget in all is about 150$ considering I want to get good headphone as well, but I also need them soon since I have no mic/headphones besides some shitty half broken turtle beaches. Just wanted to get your opinions, thanks!

Blue Snowball iCE

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Snowball-iCE-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B014PYGTUQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1476290012&sr=1-2&keywords=blue+snowball

Blue Snowball regular?

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Snowball-Microphone-Gloss-Black/dp/B002OO18NS/ref=sr_1_4?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1476290012&sr=1-4&keywords=blue+snowball

Blue Yeti

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Yeti-USB-Microphone-Blackout/dp/B00N1YPXW2/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1476290119&sr=1-2&keywords=blue+YETI

Also, what headphones are the best right now?

Beni    862

I have a Snowball Ice... It's amazing... I do some voice acting... The blue yeti is a lot better though, so I'd buy that if you're on a budget... Also, I'd recommend getting a spit guard/pop filter to.

Castiel    1124

I have the Blue Snowball, works great. I would've gone for the Yeti but it was out of my price range at the time, and I didn't want to settle for the Ice.

Sasha    0

Yeti or an AT2020.

If it's between the different Snowballs get the normal snowball.

Been running a snowball for a year or so now, I'd have rather gone for an AT2020 or the Yeti after the fact. Yeti is pretty good though.

Thanks for this thread, i was gonna put it up but you saved me some time!

Not sure whether to get a Blue Yeti with a mic stand or go for another mic. Help?

Sasha    0

Not sure whether to get a Blue Yeti with a mic stand or go for another mic. Help?

Yeti or AT2020. Both are good choices.

WilliAM    431

I just purchased the blue yeti and the razer kraken headphones. They come tomorrow, we will see!

I've heard very good things about the yeti so I'm excited

Sasha    0

I just purchased the blue yeti and the razer kraken headphones. They come tomorrow, we will see!

I've heard very good things about the yeti so I'm excited

Send the razer krakens back. Awful. Razer is absolute shit when it comes to anything audio related. 

Ridiculously bad.

Bran    0

I'd actually recommend the Audio Technica Microphone.

Then you can also buy one of these Desk Mounts to like hang the microphone out of the way. 

It's really great quality and just simply works very well ^-^

If I wasn't poor I would probably get a setup like this

BigRig    20

I know its not a standalone mic but if you'd rather save some cash pick up a Logitech G430. Ive been told my mic sounds as good as some of the $150 "pro" mics. Plus the headphones are VERY comfortable and provinding Quality bass and a very crisp sound overall along with being 7.1 compatible it was a steal for under $100 CAD.

Burgz    6

I currently have a headset on my head, and then one round my neck for the microphone. Lol.

I will read this thread.

WilliAM    431

I know its not a standalone mic but if you'd rather save some cash pick up a Logitech G430. Ive been told my mic sounds as good as some of the $150 "pro" mics. Plus the headphones are VERY comfortable  and provinding Quality bass and a very crisp sound overall along with being 7.1 compatible it was a steal for under $100 CAD.

I had it for 3 weeks and the wires got caught in my chair and then the sound and mic stopped working. My fault but it was a pain in the ass. I sent it back to Amazon and they will refund me.

I have the snowball and it's good, really good. Although dropping it sometimes may make it break easy, but that depends how stupid you are ;)

For price range I think this is good, but if you have more cash, then of course go for the yeti :)

Sasha    0

-

Thats the mic sorted, now i am looking for a great pair of headphones with no Microphone hanging off the side. Any suggestions?

Budget?

-

Thats the mic sorted, now i am looking for a great pair of headphones with no Microphone hanging off the side. Any suggestions?

-

Call me a big kid, but i'm asking for a new mic and headset for christmas. I've been told that my limit for this year is about £200, not the best but it leaves about £60 - £70 for headphones. Enough or not enough?

edit: £99.99 for Blue Yeti. £12-ish for mic stand.

Sasha    0

-

Call me a big kid, but i'm asking for a new mic and headset for christmas. I've been told that my limit for this year is about £200, not the best but it leaves about £60 - £70 for headphones. Enough or not enough?

Yeti comes with a stand. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shure-SRH440-SRH-440-Headphone/dp/B002DP1FTU

If you want to spring a bit more https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-DT770-Pro-Headphones-Ohm/dp/B0016MNAAI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1476377915&sr=8-2&keywords=denon+d2000

Randle    928

I suggest getting a new chair that doesn't destroy your stuff.

-

-

Thanking you

Sasha    0

-

Thanking you

Updated it with two other options, the Sonys are still viable but won't be as comfortable. The beyers are very comfortable, and you get good sound for the money. The shures are great value for money too.

Diamond    0

Honestly before I even saw who replied I was gonna say as Jug he's an expert on this stuff tbh. But he already replied. Would take his advice if I'm being honest with you.