Server time: 2017-08-18, 14:44

Sign in to follow this  

When will it end

Question

Not once, but twice now within a week we have witnessed absolute bias based on who someone is, their color of name or title. Instead of treating everyone the same, they are given reduced punishments or no punishment at all when in reality, anyone else would have been crucified. 

We have witnessed in the past that posting in a report or ban appeal was punished by points, but a 'new' staff policy came out in June that allowed 'new' people to circumet punishment due to illiteracy and ignorance of the rules that we were all held to for 4 years.  Now, someone repeatedly goes OOC which, by golly, is against the rules. I have witnessed it myself on many occations and when a report comes out, staff tries to do the right thing, but they should have banned them all. But no, now they are verbally warned because they cant read or comprehend a simple rule of 'don't go OOC'.

Where in the rules is it written that ignorance of the rules is an excuse? Its not ladies and gentlemen. We deserve fair treatment for all. Not biased punishments. Treat us all the same, no matter color of name or title. Thats all we ask. 

stop-bias.jpg

28 answers to this question

Hex    31

This has been pretty much what I've been thinking for the last few days now.

Why are we being so allowing to these people who are brand new but have no concept of giving a fuck to the rules we have set in place and instead we make exceptions for new people, letting them do as they please with merely a slap on the wrist. People wonder why there is a separation between new players and old, this my friends is why.

Rolle    2447

That's how we work now, we're lenient towards newcomers and them making errors. Just like we were lenient about mistakes in the past and brought YOU back from a permaban.

Why? Because this is a gaming community, not a department of justice.

Undead    234

Yea I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. There was a good solid gap between when I was active in 2013 and now so I don't know if there was something in between when we first switched to standalone to now but there was bias back then and there is bias now . It might of been a different kind of bias but it was still there. I don't really know if there ever is going to not be bias of some kind to be honest . As the situation stands I've kind of just accepted it as the way things are where salt reports are thrown at myself and friends until one eventually sticks and someone gets hammered for it and when a legitimate report is put up against someone of a specific rank they get a slap on the wrist. I mean if it was wrong it was wrong I don't see why punishment should be reduced. But hey maybe Rolle saw something I didn't in the report who knows.

That's how we work now, we're lenient towards newcomers and them making errors. Just like we were lenient about mistakes in the past and brought YOU back from a permaban.

Exactly, Rolle. I was given a second chance because you gave everyone a second chance. It was fair and consistant. 

Just asking for the same treatment that we are all beholden to. Fair and consistant. Based on the rule broken and punishment outlined. Thats all.

Rolle    2447

Exactly, Rolle. I was given a second chance because you gave everyone a second chance. It was fair and consistant. 

Just asking for the same treatment that we are all beholden to. Fair and consistant. Based on the rule broken and punishment outlined. Thats all.

Not everyone got the same chance as you though, did they? Or maybe you don't know about it, but there were many many more in that permaban amnesty queue. They were denied because as you say I was biased and it definitively wasn't consistent with the other calls I've made. But it was what I thought was right and in the best interest of the community. I think same applies in this case.

Voodoo    357

Wait going OOC is ok now and only gets a verbal warning? Maybe we should do it more often then not like this is a serious roleplay community :troll:

But it was what I thought was right and in the best interest of the community. I think same applies in this case.

How was the overturning of that verdict for the best interest of the community. Did JimRP threaten to retract all the money he gave you? I'm just confused considering that last time I checked, a simple ts conversation would of made up for the amount of immersion breaking RP JimRP did. Dude pulled out a dictionary definition in chat. RP doesn't always go in people's favor. Sometimes people get screwed through ways of BadRP and Metagaming. It happens, best course of action is to either report it or just say fuck it, this is the direction my character needs to move in accordingly.

Perhaps if you felt that everyone went equally OOC, then maybe you should of overturned Bunny's verdict giving them all a 5 day punishment instead.

Not everyone got the same chance as you though, did they? Or maybe you don't know about it, but there were many many more in that permaban amnesty queue. They were denied because as you say I was biased and it definitively wasn't consistent with the other calls I've made. But it was what I thought was right and in the best interest of the community. I think same applies in this case.

How is letting a VIP streamer with follow bots free of points, and the Co-Owner off of a ban for writting an OOC book, in the best interest of the community? I fail to see how that helps us as a whole. But, anyway I'm done. You offically will not hear from me again unless I report someone, or chatter on the forums. You have my word I'll not speak on the short comings of staff again. It falls upon deaf ears.

Undead    234

Wait going OOC is ok now and only gets a verbal warning? Maybe we should do it more often then not like this is a serious roleplay community :troll:

Only if Rolle personally looks over your report and decides to do a slap on the wrists. Also you have to be a certain color as well it seems. At least that's what I have seen in the last week as a neutral party that hasn't been involved in any of this shit.

For the record Jim RP is a nice dude so I hope nobody takes what I'm about to say as an attack on him personally.

JimRP is a community owner. He has been in a lot of reports (for a staff member) for breaking rules. This OOC was the latest. Anybody else (and I've done hundreds of verdicts as a GM/Admin here) would have resulted in a ban. Now there has been times where we give a warning to a new player or a verbal, however he is a staff member and a veteran and should know better. Ooc is used for emergency purposes only, not to explain things or talk about the RP situation. I think to be fair across the board there needs to be consistency. Otherwise it looks like staff is above the law.

Rolle    2447

Perhaps if you felt that everyone went equally OOC, then maybe you should of overturned Bunny's verdict giving them all a 5 day punishment instead.

That didn't seem to be very fair either, issuing a punishment equal to KoSing someone to 3 people for a few lines of text chat surrounding an RP situation.

How is letting a VIP streamer with follow bots free of points, and the Co-Owner off of a ban for writting an OOC book, in the best interest of the community? I fail to see how that helps us as a whole. But, anyway I'm done. You offically will not hear from me again unless I report someone, or chatter on the forums. You have my word I'll not speak on the short comings of staff again. It falls upon deaf ears.

What I meant is that there will never be any reliable consistency because there are too many variables that change from case to case. Now you don't like how newcomers are given slack, tomorrow someone will complain about how veteran members are being punished too harshly for silly things. There is never a point when everyone is happy. Just because you disagree with me about most things doesn't mean you have to stop posting on the forums. But that's your call ;)

Storm    203

I don't mean to sound salty, but 1fa53876fdc08271a3b3a870d92dcc8b.png is starting to seem more and more like a 'Get out of Jail Free card'. If I was in Jims shoes in that report I highly doubt Rolle would come to my rescue in the ban appeal. Just my two cents.

Rolle    2447

Ooc is used for emergency purposes only, not to explain things or talk about the RP situation.

Not at all, OOC chat is to be used sparingly, but as long as it's not excessive and is used to clarify, come to an agreement or solve an ongoing RP situation, it should be fine.

Rolle    2447

I don't mean to sound salty, but 1fa53876fdc08271a3b3a870d92dcc8b.png is starting to seem more and more like a 'Get out of Jail Free card'. If I was in Jims shoes in that report I highly doubt Rolle would come to my rescue in the ban appeal. Just my two cents.

Yes, because I overturn verdicts on Jim only ;)

Hex    31

Otherwise it looks like staff is above the law.

[video=youtube]

But in all seriousness, yes, this is true, to myself and anyone else really looking at such punishments to no less then a Co-Owner of the server, it looks like if you have high enough staff rights...or simply donate a few thousand dollars, you are above the law.

Storm    203

That didn't seem to be very fair either, issuing a punishment equal to KoSing someone to 3 people for a few lines of text chat surrounding an RP situation.

KoS is a 7 day ban not a 5 day ban.

Rolle    2447

KoS is a 7 day ban not a 5 day ban.

Can we pretend that was a typo?

Undead    234

Boss I got punishment "equal to KoSing someone" for running up and banding a man whom Otter no time to complied because I didn't rp with him after bandaging him while someone else was running away. I would have been better off if otter would have walked up and blew his brains out but instead I tried to help the guy and got dragged into the bans. Sometimes the rules give harsh punishments for little things but the rules are the rules I didn't get an exception to the rule and I don't understand why anyone else would either . Staf/VIP or not

Ooc is used for emergency purposes only, not to explain things or talk about the RP situation.

Not at all, OOC chat is to be used sparingly, but as long as it's not excessive and is used to clarify, come to an agreement or solve an ongoing RP situation, it should be fine.

I disagree.   It's never been used that way to just halt RP and discuss the situation.   You are always supposed to RP the situation regardless to the best of your ability.   At least when I was in staff that was always the consistent ruling.   I see a repeating pattern of a Co owner being unfamiliar with the rules.   This is not a good thing.   Staff members should be leaders and set the bar for the quality of RP on the server.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    749

I thought OOC chat was literally only to be used if you HAVE to say something out of character such as having to leave the RP for a RL reason or such. This feels slightly like the rules are being bent or carried out to a different extent depending on the situation.

Rolle    2447

Boss I got a punishment equal to KoSing someone for running up and banding a man whom Otter no time to complied because I didn't rp with him after bandaging him while someone else was running away. I would have been better off if otter would have walked up and blew his brains out but instead I tried to help the guy and got dragged into the bans. Sometimes the rules give harsh punishments for little things but the rules are the rules I didn't get an exception to the rule and I don't understand why anyone else would either . Staf/VIP or not

It has nothing to do with his rank, I would do the same for a different person if someone pointed out the report and appeal to me. I don't check all reports obviously so I can only look at those that are specifically given to me.

Also I did similar overturns in the past for non-staff/VIP people, many times in fact, search my posts in ban appeals. Sometimes against majority of staff. But those didn't have quite the same drama and controversy value as this one, so no threads dedicated to it were made back then. :(

I mean I will admit that I have seen staff in the past get a lesser punishment if it was a one off occasion. However this is not a one off occasio with the staff member in question.

Love Nectar    38

Did the thought ever occur to you that perhaps i am not follow botting and maybe these people just do not watch my stream any longer? or do you always just jump to conclusion based on your own salty persepctive? I have no desire to start a full on argument as i fear i will lose my temper so i will keep it short and sweet.

I have been streaming on twitch for nearly 4 years of my life and for 2 years of that i streamed every single day without fail, i have had ups and downs and i have seen both low viewership and high viewership over this time i have gained many followers clearly though this does not guatentee that they will watch my stream and as a side note i also have 90 subscribers who enjoy my content enough to support me with a monthly subscription not that that is any of your buisness. As for my viewership i have been to many different games and types of game as i do not base my stream around what i get views on i base it around what i enjoy and as of right now i enjoy dayZRP and want to support this community as much as i can so i am sorry if that support is not sufficient for you but do not accuse me of something i am not guilty nor ever have been guilty of. i earned my followers though years of streaming and i do not care that my viewers may be low because i have dedicated fans who still love and support me every day so i do not need somebody like you putting me down.

I am sorry rolle and jim for this but i find it hard not to comment when somone is slandering my name without knowing the first thing about me or my stream.