Server time: 2017-10-23, 07:54
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
secretsquirre

Possible AOGM. S+D+Shift to stabilize aim

Question

Is it considered an abuse of game mechanics to hold S+D+Shift to stabilize your aim when taking shots? For those who do not know what this does, it prevents your reticle from swaying left,right, up or down due to heavy breathing. I went to the help desk and the two staff there were not sure and advised me to create a topic here.

16 answers to this question

Diamond    0

I wouldn't say so and it would be hard to prove it. A lot of people strafe when firing, moving target is harder to hit.

I wouldn't say so and it would be hard to prove it. A lot of people strafe when firing, moving target is harder to hit.

Definitely hard if not impossible to prove unless the person posts a video of themselves doing it. Strafing is one thing but why use shift as well while going backwards/sideways? You don't sprint backwards. It's clearly to get rid of the swaying from being out of breath instantly.

There's videos of its effectiveness on youtube but I'm hesitant to post one...

DickSlide    250

As I stated to you in TS, I don't think this is ABoGM as from my personal experiences overseas I have sprinted backwards to shoot in a general direction.

Dustin    0

I see what the OP is saying, personally yes, I do think it is. Will it be one those deals they GM's ban everyone who would do it? No over half the community would be gone.

As I stated to you in TS, I don't think this is ABoGM as from my personal experiences overseas I have sprinted backwards to shoot in a general direction.

Been deployed as well and we both know that sprinting doesn't help stabilize your weapon..

Either way I'd just like a solid answer from staff.

Jabba    0

Been deployed as well and we both know that sprinting doesn't help stabilize your weapon..

Either way I'd just like a solid answer from staff.

There has never been anything specific written or said about it. Staff would have to discuss a final answer before giving you one, you are most likely going to get opinions on this thread.

isn't there a hotkey that lets u hold your breath? I use it in sniping, hold breath, is that the one u guys are referring to?

Mental    0

isn't there a hotkey that lets u hold your breath? I use it in sniping, hold breath, is that the one u guys are referring to?

I believe what they're talking about is when you ADS and jog backwards to the right, the sites have almost no sway.

Skinner    506

I believe what they're talking about is when you ADS and jog backwards to the right, the sites have almost no sway.

I thought they fixed that last patch? Can anyone confirm?

Mental    0

I thought they fixed that last patch? Can anyone confirm?

It still works.

Nolan    0

I really don't think its a big enough deal to warrant punishment honestly. Falls under the same lines as 3rd person view "abuse" in that sense.

Alex    465

Just like Gamma Goggles and spamming a well, this is both hard to prove and unnecessary for us to punish a full banstrike and 3 days ingame ban for stabilising sway.

The current state of sway in the game is what's called a lissajous curve - and it's just an algorithm as a placeholder for actual stamina mechanics which are (yet) to be implemented. So you could argue that countering the current sway is neglible because it's not in any way realistic. Those two points matter towards why we aren't punishing for it but the other thing is that there are ways to stabilise sway in real life that are not possible in the game, so we must take advantage of what we can use.

So ('official') staff answer, we are not punishing this trick with ABoGM.

GaryCash    33

Looks like imma be getting more 360 no scopes while back pedaling then

Just like Gamma Goggles and spamming a well, this is both hard to prove and unnecessary for us to punish a full banstrike and 3 days ingame ban for stabilising sway.

The current state of sway in the game is what's called a lissajous curve - and it's just an algorithm as a placeholder for actual stamina mechanics which are (yet) to be implemented. So you could argue that countering the current sway is neglible because it's not in any way realistic. Those two points matter towards why we aren't punishing for it but the other thing is that there are ways to stabilise sway in real life that are not possible in the game, so we must take advantage of what we can use.

So ('official') staff answer, we are not punishing this trick with ABoGM.

Fair enough. Thanks for the answer.

Plank    0

I mean its not like we can tell everyone "Sorry guys, no shooting while you move backwards and to the right!"

If we're going to prohibit it, we need to state under no uncertain terms that it is against our rules before we start thinking about enforcement under the argument of it being an abuse of game mechanics. This seems pretty unenforceable, however. Just my opinion. :)

BigRig    20

Never knew this one.. but I cant say Ive ever had to strafe back and right while firing. The chances of using this in a firefight are highly unlikely. Most fire from cover unless its a CQB situation, which most of the time your moving forward or strafing sideways. 

I have heard of holding your breath a split second before you fire a burst and your spread will be significantly smaller than say holding your breath for a second or two before firing.. but thats kinda realistic i suppose