Server time: 2017-08-22, 09:21

Sign in to follow this  

Interview with Sam Fields

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed:

Sam Fields

Thank you so much for participating!

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

Hiya! Something unique? I wouldn't know about unique, but... I play rugby at a semi-professional level (second-row, for anyone interested) for Esher Academy and Cardinals. I am, however, a very gentle person. I go out of my way everyday to avoid hurting or killing anything (including pesky wasps and such). Today I stopped by bike dead, almost going over the handlebars, out of fear of a Butterfly being caught between the front wheel's spokes. "Pacifist" and "rugby player" aren't generally coupled together Tongue

~ Which section in the Forum are the you most interested in and why? ~

Oh it has to be the good old radio chatter section. A bit cliche- I know- but it's just so interesting that character development can occur off of the actual game servers.

~ How did you find out about DayZRP? ~

Sadly, I found out through a video made by PsiSyndicate. This was back in the mod days, but I didn't bother signing up until very recently.

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

Sure have! From my very first character, Sam Fields, I became buddies with some great role-players. Since then, we've found a way to choreograph our characters meeting and have been having fun since. A few bumps in the road has seen us not playing together as much, but I'm sure we'll pick it up from where we left off in a few weeks.

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

I'd love to see more done with content creators' stuff! Keira's been doing a fantastic job at throwing names out there by using the social media accounts. But possible a feature somewhere more than just a media thread? A chance to feature on the front page, possibly?

I really do enjoy scrolling through screenshots of cool events that have happened in-game. But I feel that the short film style of text (a video series of a character's life) should hold a higher place- as the effort that goes in there can be astronomical; in-comparison. Though I'm sure that's just me being biased Tongue

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

From my first character, Sam Fields:

-The initial contact with Jim Recker and his Renegades (the death of "Snow")

-Meeting Coy and the gang (Danny, Arty, Alex)

-Forming the Silver Lining

-Altercations with Mr. Black

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us? ~

Oh boy, do I! I have a complete series and a continuing series. All of the episodes have important and exciting RP events that have developed my character. If I had to choose... I'd suppose the first episode of "The Mind of Sam Ricketts" would be a fine video to shamelessly advertise: [video=youtube]

~ Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us? ~

I do believe that Woods stole the video of his assisted euthanasia when he was invited to an interview. I think I'll have to settle for Rocky Balboa's execution: [video=youtube]

~ What do you think someone should at least do once while playing DayZRP (funny and serious and of course within the rules) ~

Everyone should change up their play-style by playing as a character with a different moral alignment or complication. For example, I began with a lawful good character- which came naturally to me: and was therefore a bit of a cop-out RP wise Tongue My next character, Sam Ricketts, was- in short- a psychopath with great ambitious for ultimate power. His thirst for domination drove him insane.

The contrast in my first two characters was extreme. And it really shook things up for me, giving me a breath of fresh air and excitement.

~ If you could meet one roleplay character you have met ingame in RL, who it would and why? ~

Oh it would have to be Mark "Coy" Murrell. Dakotean's portrayal is just so lovable. From first contact in The Refuge, Coy was always represented as that one friend you have that is just a complete fool- being mocked by others in the group. You just can't but help love his guts.

~ Ingame, what is your favorite location to hang out? ~

Guglovo! It's the place to be! You should all go there immediately! In all seriousness, Guglovo plays a large part in the group I formed's story line. We've had some fantastic RP there so far.

However, The Refuge is always the one and only true place to hang-out (come on Phoenix, Ryan, Alan! Get that thing set up again!)

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

The fact that it's so close. Everyone seems to know at least someone of another group.

~ Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?) ~

My first hostile situation became a report against me for RDM. This was after shooting Jack Warren. I was apart of a dynamic group, and Jack was clearly unaware of this. I believed that I should have been banned for bad-RP. I was simply in ARMA mode. I was in with the wrong crowd, and Jack and his crew of awesome role-players (who were selling slaves near Zub) paid the price.

I am truly sorry Jack, whether you remember this incident or not.

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

Watch some videos! The content creators allow you to see what's going on in-game without actually playing. Obviously any information within the video you couldn't use yourself, but it gives you a sense of the RP that you can expect!

I'd recommend "The Life and Times of Phil Lawson" (ClericUnderwood) and, of course, "Tony Moretti's Story" (GamingRoachEntertainment). Also, "The Life and Lies Of Sam Fields" 'aint too bad either Wink

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~

I'd like to see people coming together as a community, united by their love for role-playing games, and less division due to groups that exist in-game. There is too much of that going around- ladies and gents- and it's truly upsetting. That being said, it's a lot from a few- not a lot from the many! Let's shine some light on those trying to drag people into the shadows, ey!

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

DarkSide    234

Loved the interview.

Hey, not bad. Good work on the trailer btw.

Thanks for taking part, Sam.

Sam Fields    155

Hey, not bad. Good work on the trailer btw.

Cheers dude :)

The trailer was all good fun, learnt to create my own fire particles, even if I don't place!

Good, interesting interview. :)

Great interview man, I really enjoyed the trailer and the videos you made. Hope to see more you! ^_^

Oliv    1569

Nice interview buddy. Keep up the good work, you've been an amazing addition to this community so far. Keep it up!

Ramon    341

Nice interview! Thanks for taking part!

And please keep making those sweet videos... ;)

Keira    1046

Hey Sam! Thanks for the interview!

Raptor    159

Interesting interview Sam, thanks for sharing!

PatZ    386

cool interview mate