Server time: 2017-08-19, 00:01

Sign in to follow this  

New Report Regulations

So I was thinking about some improvements in reports and getting the op's and accused more involved, and more out of the stories between the two. It is going to sound crazy but I feel it is a lot easier to hear povs not just from a forum via txt but via voip as well. kind of like a court in a way, before verdicts I think maybe have ts room for the two parties to discuss over ts, with the staff team involved in the report as well, maybe help explain what happened and why it happened, it is a lot easier to express yourself, and make more sense through voice, most in person but hey we can fly across states lol. I know there are situstions where the parties to end up talking in ts, but if the report is going all the way I think going in ts would be could, not only that, it is also a lot easier to catch someone lying in a report via voice, incase there isn't video evidence, there is a lot of time to come up with stories, while a report is open, but lies are a lot harder to come up with if the pressure is on you right? Hey just a suggestion, came to mind I feel like even now I could explain this better via voip lol, good day to all ;).

Too time consuming and is a generally less efficient way to solve reports.

I like tbh, I always have to talk with someone or try to in ts before I follow through with a report..

LoneStarrr    84

Yeah, just seems like it would further extend the time and effort needed to solve reports. People are already complaining on the time some reports take to be solves so I gotta give it a -1.

What Hatch said tbh. And it's a lot easier as a GM to go through written statements to find the parts you are looking for while discussing a verdict than listen to a voice recording.

In theory, it sounds like a pretty good idea but I doubt it would actually work efficiently.

DarkSide    229

Nah. It would be way to time-consuming for the Gamemasters. -1

If I report someone for a rule break, usually means they did something inexcusable, and I always refuse to speak to them in TS. So....big -1 for me.

Not really time consuming might help bring a faster verdict, really depends on how it is done, there are not that many reports like a year ago where there would be 2 pages full, but open to all opinions I can see where you are coming from, this won't happen probably anyways

If I report someone for a rule break, usually means they did something inexcusable, and I always refuse to speak to them in TS. So....big -1 for me.

That  is a problem to be honest, I always hear somebody out, maybe it is the way you put it idk, but I feel mistakes are made, it is a game, and we should all try to be more involved with each other, which I am working on myself.

That  is a problem to be honest, I always hear somebody out, maybe it is the way you put it idk, but I feel mistakes are made, it is a game, and we should all try to be more involved with each other, which I am working on myself.

¯\_(ツ)_/ Or maybe everyone could just play by the rules. That seems a hell of a lot simpler and easier for everyone.

I like the idea on paper but in reality I really doubt this would work you have to take into consideration time zones, how active people are and how we are going to relay the information to other GameMasters not to mention the amount of time this would take, we are lucky not to have to many reports currently open but what if we did like the wave? would just be to much to handle imo.

Oliv    1550

The issue with this comes down to reviewing evidence. It's much easier to review the evidence in our current system, as we can review on our own and get together with whatever GMs/admins are online in order to write the verdict.

In a perfect world, this would be a great idea though. It's not a +1 from me, but more of a leave it as it currently is.

Goku    61

Theory wise it's brilliant. Practically it wouldn't work.

The reason I say it won't work is the following: It wouldn't be so much a discussion just more of a you said, he/she said situation. Also trying to take into consideration time zones, work or school would make this nearly impossible. Also more often than none it would be nearly impossible to catch someone out on a lie because some people would be capable of telling a lie as if it were the truth.

But hey that's just my opinion. So it's a -1 from me, it is a really good idea though.

This would have worked a few months ago when we had a decent sized staff team. With the current team, this would never work (No harm intended) I guess just state you want to hold on a verdict, depending on the servarity of the report and ask to meet with the person in TS to talk it out and if you are lucky find a GM+ to be around?

¯\_(ツ)_/ Or maybe everyone could just play by the rules. That seems a hell of a lot simpler and easier for everyone.

Ya but that won't happen people are people ;)

Theory wise it's brilliant. Practically it wouldn't work.

The reason I say it won't work is the following: It wouldn't be so much a discussion just more of a you said, he/she said situation. Also trying to take into consideration time zones, work or school would make this nearly impossible. Also more often than none it would be nearly impossible to catch someone out on a lie because some people would be capable of telling a lie as if it were the truth.

But hey that's just my opinion. So it's a -1 from me, it is a really good idea though.

You know those are really great points I really didn't think about the timezones at all, aye maybe we can to a judge jury type of thing? LOL jk that would not be good at all xD

The issue with this comes down to reviewing evidence. It's much easier to review the evidence in our current system, as we can review on our own and get together with whatever GMs/admins are online in order to write the verdict.

In a perfect world, this would be a great idea though. It's not a +1 from me, but more of a leave it as it currently is.

It is easier to review evidence via forums yes I agree 100 percent, but  I believe personally getting everyone together in the ts could help resolve things faster, maybe ask if they could be available but not a requirement?

Nah.  Ya'll grown boys and girls.  Go talk it out if you want to on your own time or just don't put up stupid reports, which most are these days.  Ain't nobody got time to sit and listen to people argue anyways.  Staff needs to bring back false reports tbh.  A week vacation will sort out the salt.

Dishes    159

No, its a good thought but it would take too much time and it would be generally less efficient. It's also really good to have written statements from both parties to look at and use as references/evidence in reports anyways, so if you would want to go the route of making them both speak on TS as well as the same procedure we use now, it would take forever. Not only that, but it's also not always a great idea to force the people involved in the report to talk together. Also, keep in mind not everyone has the ability to even get on TS in the first place.

I think the way we do it now is fine, like Thumper said, maybe people could just follow the rules in the first place?... well a girl can dream :T

Interesting concept.

But when a GM would want to go back and go through any details. Text would be easier revisit

isocade    90

The whole point of having any system done through text means on forums or anywhere else is for recording and documentation. Unless someone records the audio of something like this, which can take up hundreds of megabytes or even gigabytes depending on the method of recording and the length of the interaction, then that documentation is lost forever.

I've witnessed such a thing happen many times on a couple communities in the past and it was aneurysm-inducing to witness it go down. Even better when the documentation lost was actually a staff meeting and every single person goes back on their word and changes their mind on things.

Phoenix    1046

Agree with Thumper here, -1 from me therefore.

Granted it is a good idea, I don't see it working. You have timezone differences to worry about, and it already takes enough time for the verdicts to hit as it is, some reports are going 10 days plus without being solved. Honestly this would just add to the time, because said idea would have to be coordinated days in advance to make sure everyone is able and ready to be on.

Autumn    121

To be honest, some reports are already clusterfucks to begin with. I feel like this will add a whole new layer of confusion and thus de-streamline the process. What we have is efficent so long as we have the staff members who wish to work.

With voice PoVs you also run the risk of putting someone on the spot, freaking them out and now not only so they have to worry about giving a percise PoV but what they say could be contradicting and a small fib /mistake could be blown out of proportion and result in a ban. Generally, most of us are more articulate with writing than speaking and thus the situation is better explained in plain text.

Like many have said before, good idea on paper, but it won't work with the process how it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.