Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:31
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Weyryu A Skingmi

New user looking for some advice

Weyryu A Skingmi    8

Hi all! First off, it's a pleasure to be here. I've seen and heard a lot of good things through videos and word of mouth about this community, so I hope that my whitelist app will go through. Before I do though, I was hoping to pick some of your brains about my character. 

He's someone that's spent the year and a half(ish) since the beginning of the apocalypse walking from Shanghai to Chernarus. I've been using Ukraine as a basis for the distance he's walked, which would make it roughly 5000 miles, but if he's walking an average of 20 miles a day he'd make that distance in about a year, accounting for delays like detours, having to hold up hiding from people and zambies, stuff like that. That gives me about half a year of shenanigans to fill in to make the backstory satisfying enough for me to put in the app.

What I'm asking is for ideas. I was playing around with him drifting around different colonies of survivors, but wanted to hear what you guys think before I get attached to what amounts to him dicking around for a few months. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and sorry about the pun. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Jimmy!    0

Hey man welcome to the community.

Backstory seems reasonable enough. Can't account for walking 20miles everyday, but like you said, you have a half a year of shenanigans.

Either way, enjoy your stay. This community is something i'll tell you.

Whip    0

giphy.gif

Hey its nice to see new people come up with a good backstory to why they just arrived , instead of trying to act like they've been here in Chernarus for years.

Welcome bud.

Hey dude welcome.  I like your story, I think it's really cool you did all the math to see if it was possible too!  Some people don't put really cool effort into their characters like that.

Have fun!

Weyryu A Skingmi    8

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm glad to get some positive feedback, now I'm even more excited to finish this backstory.

Assuming everything goes well, I look forward to adventuring with you all.

Commissar    119

Welcome to the community, you can always talk to a Loremaster, and they can help you out with your character backstory as well.

Good luck.

Weyryu A Skingmi    8

So, I tried to submit my back story and it got cut off about a third of the way through, is that a problem? Will I still be considered for whitelisting if it's only partial?

Welcome!

So, I tried to submit my back story and it got cut off about a third of the way through, is that a problem? Will I still be considered for whitelisting if it's only partial?

I'm not sure of the character limit but it may be worth abridging/shortening the story to fit it all in the app. As for ideas on shennanigans, man you could put in more or less anything. The amount of things your character would've seen in that time is pretty vast. Nomadic tribes, roving cannibals, crazy end of the world parties, who knows.

Chaostica    144

Welcome misterrbuttons!!

I love that your backstory is taking into account what hes done on his travels, I do that with one of my Characters and find it sometimes hard to come up with Idea's. Then I just let my imagination go, so far shes found a crashed air plane to spend some bad weather in (most of the fuselage was intact), toured an abandoned amusement park. Literally she's finding herself stopping to smell those flowers she never did before. Let your imagination free and do anything you've imagined, for example see that store display bed and bedding that looks so comfy to sleep in, well sleep in it, go for it!

Kuljukka    56

Welcome! Like everyone else, I like your story too! :D