Server time: 2017-10-18, 02:18
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Ben Dory

PvP server

Ben Dory    0

This could be shit if so tell me but here i go.

Many groups i have seen are built of PvP to gain loot and some of them are not the best at RP (from personal experience)This server would be for them.

It would still be on the same hive so any loot you get will be on all servers.This will not affect reports as they require server info.This server could also be used for events or group conflicts.

Please give me your opinions this just came in my head while showering :P

Nihoolious    1248

Uh...Fuck no?

You are upset you got killed or robbed by bandits so you want to move them to another server entirely? You insult our rp because we choose to partake in PvP? Toughen up, the server isn't going to segregate the hostile role players from the rest because you don't enjoy being on the other end of it. This shit legit pisses me the fuck off seeing more people trying to eliminate the bandit playstyle and punish people who don't want to play PvE.

Sofie    0

PVP should always be a result of a roleplayed situation. It is important for everyone, no matter if you are in a big group with a lot of manpower or just a survivor fighting on your own. I strongly disagree with having it all on one server. It is not realistic, would make roleplay even duller and take away the only fear factor we have at the moment.

AndreyQ    0

If people want PVP they can hop on publics.

I don't think paying for a server for it to be PVP only is what we really want to have on a roleplaying community.

Cipher    0

n a h

I think this would just be an ez way to gearwhore, which is not what this community is about.

You can already get a decent amount of PVP through group conflicts or initiations so I don't really see the point. Plus I don't see a reason for spreading out the population even more across 3 servers rather than 2.

It's a no from me. If people want to PVP they can run pubs.

Poppy    378

If people want PVP they can hop on publics.

/thread

Vector    0

PVP should always be a result of a roleplayed situation. It is important for everyone, no matter if you are in a big group with a lot of manpower or just a survivor fighting on your own. I strongly disagree with having it all on one server. It is not realistic, would make roleplay even duller and take away the only fear factor we have at the moment.

I have to fully agree with Sofie here.

Randle    927

Lol no.

Please don't take me away from my campfire

Vorobye    34

Nope, piss off a group and have some hostile RP instead.

Hebi Kotei    345

PVP should always be a result of a roleplayed situation. It is important for everyone, no matter if you are in a big group with a lot of manpower or just a survivor fighting on your own. I strongly disagree with having it all on one server. It  is not realistic, would make roleplay even duller and take away the only fear factor we have at the moment.

Sofie is 100% right here, just moving all PVP to one server is simply unrealistic and pretty stupid in my opinion.

Hollows    450

Honestly, the toplane meta this patch is Swain/Irelia so I wouldn't try to go against the meta unless you're well rehearsed in that role. Personally I've been rolling Olaf Jungle w/ a 55-65% win rate, so if you're new and trying to climb up and out of Bronze/Silver, go with the meta. Abuse it. Just remember not to tilt, and keep yourself focused.

Edit: FUCK, wrong thread.

Uh... My 2 cents for this is basically what everyone else is saying. - RP>PvP, if you feel you've been wronged put up a report. If not, then obviously it wasn't in violation of any rules so there shouldn't be a problem.

Commissar    119

Uh...Fuck no?

You are upset you got killed or robbed by bandits so you want to move them to another server entirely? You insult our rp because we choose to partake in PvP? Toughen up, the server isn't going to segregate the hostile role players from the rest because you don't enjoy being on the other end of it. This shit legit pisses me the fuck off seeing more people trying to eliminate the bandit playstyle and punish people who don't want to play PvE.

PVP should always be a result of a roleplayed situation. It is important for everyone, no matter if you are in a big group with a lot of manpower or just a survivor fighting on your own. I strongly disagree with having it all on one server. It  is not realistic, would make roleplay even duller and take away the only fear factor we have at the moment.

Basically this. We need these groups that you claim to not have the 'best RP'. Without them, the severs would be boring. As someone who enjoys what many refer to as 'campfire RP', every once in a while it is good to be involved in RP that these groups do, and do well. Sure sometimes things don't go to plan, but because one person has a bad experience doesn't mean we should have to go to extreme lengths to make sure it doesnt happen again, and most of the bad hostile RP, in my opinion comes from new players, thats why they are encouraged not to do  it straight away. Though an extra server for groups to have some sort of war on could be a good idea. If they have a long history, it could be made into a event for those groups.

Next time just sing in the shower, don't think.

Bran    0

I think people would just gear up on the RP server then just hop onto the PvP server. If you want that so much just go on a private hive community.

I have heard that Gents of Novo isn't too bad

Hex    31

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

[align=left]No, just no. 

[align=left]I'm going to say that the exact inverse is what you desire, you want a utterly pve server where you can bool around, gather all the shiniest loot you can and flaunt it, roll around in the absurd masses you collect and store in the 30+ tents you've acquired and then sit around and do nothing with it. See, people like you dont understand that without pvp, without bandits and theses so called 'groups built of pvp' there would be no DayZRP, its truely fun to see people hate so hard on bandits and pvp, but I wouldent mind seeing how you fair when every one of them is gone and there is no threat, no hostile action, no randomness and no interest. Every single interaction would simply be:

"Oh hey there!"

"Hello, you looking for stuff?"

[align=left]"Darn right I'm looking for stuff, might I say you've got some mighty fine stuff there yourself"

[align=left]"Ah thank you, I could say the same for you! Dont worry though, I wasent thinking of robbing you for your stuff, I've got plenty of stuff back at my horde of tents"

[align=left]"Oh good, I've also got a massive horde of stuff and it would be a terrible loss if I misplaced even a single thing! Anyways I'm off to look for more stuff!"

[align=left]"Alright bye, stay safe from all the non-existent dangers of the apocalypse!"

How is that fun at all...? PVP and RP are the same here, they are mixed together into one to provide as realistic....ok perhaps realistic is to strong of a word simple because of all the nonsense that happens....but as good of an experience as we can provide here. Without danger there is no apocalypse, without an apocalypse there is no DayZ, without DayZ there is no DayzRP.

TLDR: Not only no, but fuck no.

Sofie    0

We can give our opinions without being disrespectful towards the OP. 

Your suggestions and ideas, Ben Dory, are always welcome. Just prepare yourself for strong opinions.

Commissar    119

Your suggestions and ideas, Ben Dory, are always welcome. Just prepare yourself for strong opinions.

Nah, I'm not being disrespectful, and if you think I am and the OP thinks I am then I apologize. It wasn't my intention. If you didn't see/take this as a joke after a little rant, then thats on you. If you knew me you would realize this, but I guess thats the bad thing. No one knows your personality or when your making a joke through a screen unless you tell them. I have no intention of making anyone feel bad about something, I'm a dick, but not a cunt.

To the OP, please share away and don't take my comments to seriously. And hopefully you will see my last line in my last post as a joke, as we all tend to sing in shower, thats the joke, not as funny now seeing as I am explaining it. (I dont know if it was funny before explaining it either.)

Harry    18

Dont see the need for it as there are tons of pvp servers out there.

Ben Dory    0

This isnt me being upset and also i did not word it properly as well im shit at explaining my thoughts but this as i said was just something that came into mind all i wanted really was peoples opinions.I was mainly focusing on the conflicts between groups aspects.

Rory    1558

Kek.

Hell no. PVP is part of RP whether you like it or not, we don't need an entirely new server.

And on a side note, who says people PVP to get "Loot"? Maybe they PVP because it's fun and gets your adrenalin going?

RP = Rob People :)

Ben Dory    0

Uh...Fuck no?

As i said this is not me being upset and this was not to separate the hostile players as i myself play a kind of bandit role when i am on the server.

But group conflicts can be difficult to have if say a server is full so a server more aimed towards group conflicts is what i was going for.

But to most the replies thanks for all the im gonna say info on why this wont work. That is mainly why i made this thread.

If you don't wanna roleplay, just hop on a public server.

Cipher    0

Nah, I'm not being disrespectful, and if you think I am and the OP thinks I am then I apologize. It wasn't my intention. If you didn't see/take this as a joke after a little rant, then thats on you. If you knew me you would realize this, but I guess thats the bad thing. No one knows your personality or when your making a joke through a screen unless you tell them. I have no intention of making anyone feel bad about something, I'm a dick, but not a cunt.

To the OP, please share away and don't take my comments to seriously. And hopefully you will see my last line in my last post as a joke, as we all tend to sing in shower, thats the joke, not as funny now seeing as I am explaining it. (I dont know if it was funny before explaining it either.)

I thought it was pretty funny.

Ben Dory, you are loved and appreciated. Do not let big bad mister Lankin tell you otherwise.

But yeah, nah, PVP server wouldn't work out. Sorry man.