Server time: 2017-10-22, 10:19
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Perma Death.

Question

Eagle    409

Are you allowed to bring a perma-killed character back?

Simple clear cut question.

30 answers to this question

Bruce    0

As of right now, yes. Most likely won't be able to in the future. You still have to take into account the rp impact of bringing them back though. Sometimes it simply doesn't make sense and can be badrp.

Dead End    13

Probably not? Speaking from experience here, unless you don't say "I perma this character," when you killed said character, I do not think you should be able to bring said character back from the grave.

You can shelf said character to play him/her again some other time, but once you give those magic words, there's no going back.

But that's just my guess.

Eagle    409

As of right now, yes. Most likely won't be able to in the future. You still have to take into account the rp impact of bringing them back though. Sometimes it simply doesn't make sense and can be badrp.

So people that get killed in a good RP session that ends with a perma kill that is the Framework of the whole scenario can just bring them back like that?

Ramon    360

Good evening,

On the current moment you are allowed to bring back a perma-killed character.

But in the furture that is going to change.

In the New Rules that are coming you can see at 10.3 at Powergaming the new rule.

Does this solves your question?

Bruce    0

So people that get killed in a good RP session that ends with a perma kill that is the Framework of the whole scenario can just bring them back like that?

That's one of the scenarios where it could be classified as badrp. At the end of the day it's your decision if you perma your character. No one else's

Eagle    409

Good evening,

In the New Rules that are coming you can see at 10.3 at Powergaming the new rule.

So does that mean that you can literally just say *Hey perma my character* and then just bring him back wut?

Perma Death is supposed to be PERMA not just ow he went on a vacation as that would be classed as power gaming or BAD RP in my books..

That's one of the scenarios where it could be classified as badrp. At the end of the day it's your decision if you perma your character. No one else's

Yes, I thought so as well but many tell me it's allowed.

Ramon    360

Good evening,

So does that mean that you can literally just say *Hey perma my character* and then just bring him back wut?

Perma Death is supposed to be PERMA not just ow he went on a vacation as that would be classed as power gaming or BAD RP in my books..

Yes, you can do this within the current rules.

It's on this moment a decision from the character/person itself.

In some scenarios bringing back a perma character can ruin the RP.

Nihoolious    1248

I mean you can, doesn't mean you should.

Eagle    409

This can be /solved as i have gotten my answer.

Lyca    783

Yeah at the moment you can.

But I mean. When people saw you when you lost your head, how do you want to explain that?

But how I said at the moment you can bring back perma-deathed character. :)

Eagle    409

Yeah at the moment you can.

But I mean. When people saw you when you lost your head, how do you want to explain that?

But how I said at the moment you can bring back perma-deathed character. :)

* you see a massive scar on the neck that brings the man pain*.

Ramon    360

Seeing that the OP has his answer I will solve this thread now.

//Solved

Cipher    0

Mack James got shot in the head. I un-perma'd Mack James, using the excuse of Mandell not hitting his shot, nicking Mack through the eye and the bullet exiting right behind the left cheek.

Is it a shitty thing to do? Yeah, probably.

Does it ruin the RP had? Well, debatable. I mean, I still enjoyed the RP. I think the other party did. If they are disappointed in my decision, that's understandable.

But, at the end of the day, I come here to have fun. I made a rookie mistake in permadeathing my character too early, and perhaps for the wrong reasons. I think it was feasible to bring back Mack, so I did.

That being said, it is not a mistake I will make again and I do believe that once the words are uttered, then the perma should stay. Like I said, won't be a mistake I'll make again.

Keedz    0

So basicly , i ask someone to permision to perma kill , i do it and one week later he comes back like wut ? isnt that somekind of Powergaming ?

Lyca    783

Nope because it is his character and the person can do it how he or she wants at the moment. It is his or her decision.

Strider    0

So basicly , i ask someone to permision to perma kill , i do it and one week later he comes back like wut ? isnt that somekind of Powergaming ?

Yeah right now there are no rules against that but in the new rule set you won't be able to bring back characters that had a perma death (that was agreed on by the user).

RedSky    123

Hi Keedz,

Within our current rule set it is perfectly allowed for someone to bring back a character in that way. However you also ask wether or not that is powergaming, the clear cut definition of powergaming is: forcing something on someones character.

It is indeed arguable to call it that but it isn't, and I will give you a short and direct to the point answer why.

There is a fail safe in the current rules to prevent things like this to bring you problems.

NLR

f0a8b25089d6184890734fb8955b6516.png

When a person gets executed regardless of permadeath they lose all memories of that certain event. If they would bring back their character it would simply be deemed a normal execution and would fall underneath the NLR rule.

However with the above mentioned. In the new set of rules (which is not yet in use!!!!) this will change.

Under §10.3 it is stated and I quote:

"Permanent killing a character (aka “permadeath”) is a decision that is taken only by the character owner. Permadeath is final, once a character is declared as killed it may not be used again."

So when the new rules become official it does indeed become a rule break. However for now, it isn't.

I hope I have managed to help you and if you have any more questions regarding this please, feel free to ask them.

Ragnar    26

So, same goes for perma scars aswell? People can now grow back their arms and stuff?

Xero3451    0

So, same goes for perma scars aswell? People can now grow back their arms and stuff?

Well no growing it back would be silly, clearly just having it sewn back on restores all previous functions, duh.

Ragnar    26

Well no growing it back would be silly, clearly just having it sewn back on restores all previous functions, duh.

Now I'm getting Frankenstein images about people returning from perma death. ^^

RedSky    123

This would be considered badrp, maybe even trolling.

Nihoolious    1248

BadRP sure but trolling? Nah fam, sucking three dicks is different than removing a scar on your hand. If you aren't 100 on permanently changing your dude, don't say yes.

Husky    0

"considered and maybe"

If you are unsure about it ask a higher up before answering.

Personally I don't see how it would be considered trolling, some scars heal others don't and with months passing and all these doctors that are around it should be somewhat easy to recover scars and cuts with the exception of amputations all though I don't see how and why you would RP out missing arms or legs when there isn't really any way to present that IG as the characters are limited in every way.

Besides, you really don't have to shove the fact that you have gnarly scars down everyone's throat, by that I mean in-game of course, the amount of times I've into someone who greets me by messaging a wall of copy-texted "lore"

"The man presents you with a pepe shaped scar on his wrist, forehead, neck and buttcheek, you also notices he is missing most of his head as well as his eyes"

Bit of an exaggeration of course but it's really not uncommon to run into this kind of sharp edged roleplay.

But yeah don't grow limps back.