Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:19
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Beni

Mandatory Character Page!

Beni    865

Okay so... Here is my suggestion... I'm not going to ramble on about it so yeah, here it is:

I think that every single character that people play, should have a character page...

The reason for this is that it helps with catching metagaming, when it comes to taking people hostage, I personally look up the character once I take his/her radio.. This is to check teamspeak to make sure that he/she is muted... If he/she does not have a character page... It can sometimes be really hard to check this..

It also helps with things such as reports, it can be made so much easier for people who need to report to find out who the person who they're reporting is OOCLY...

Also, it's just nice to see...  Everything is all planned out and it just helps everyone out... 

Let me know what you guys think :D 

Valkerion    0

The reason for this is that it helps with metagaming, when it comes to taking people hostage, I personally look up the character once I take his/her radio.. This is to check teamspeak to make sure that he/she is muted... If he/she does not have a character page... I can sometimes be really hard to check this

It also helps with things such as reports, it can be made so much easier for people who need to report to find out who the person who they're reporting is OOCLY...

Point 1. checking them out on Teamspeak to see who they are or arent talking to in a channel is metagaming in itself also muting or not doesnt necessarily mean they are telling their allies anything the only thing i gather from this is that you want mandatory character pages so you can find people in TS easier to check what they are or arent doing.

Point 2. You can go to helpdesk and ask who a character is OOCly it takes a few seconds to do so character pages will not help this as they can be made friends only and private also you can simply make a report people will be called in then you can talk to them if you so wish.

Nihoolious    1248

Back in the mod if I remember correctly your in game name was automatically put on your forum account each time you logged in. Since we don't have that now, I'm down with mandatory character pages. You don't even need to write anything or have a picture, just the name.

Randle    929

This was already tried.

Castiel    1124

Pretty sure Rolle said before he'd be able to enforce this. I personally like the idea. Not for the reason you suggested, however.

WilliAM    431

I like this idea.

+1

Boston    776

Yes, please. +1

The Marshal    353

+1, I believe all characters you play should be fleshed out and planned, and it makes things easier

DickSlide    250

Pretty sure Rolle said before he'd be able to enforce this. I personally like the idea.

I have to agree with Castiel. This would be great to have and read peoples characters.

Johnny    0

Let me clarify something really fast. You want this rule so it's easier to meta game? Also you don't have to mute in TS when you are taken, As long as you don't share IC info you're not meta gaming.

Rampage    0

A big fat no from me. Don't need to metagame to make sure people are not metagaming. Record and report if you feel this happening. Metagaming via TS is something you will never really be able to prove. It's simple to hop on another TS and share info.

You need to have trust in the people you play with otherwise what's the point.

Nihoolious    1248

Does this mean that people wont be able to play different characters?

I think he means that people are required to make character pages for any character they play as unless its like a one time alt or something.

Let me clarify something really fast. You want this rule so it's easier to meta game? Also you don't have to mute in TS when you are taken, As long as you don't share IC info you're not meta gaming.

I mean sure but when they don't mute they can hear their mates on TS talking and if they are far away they can purposely slow the hostage takers down so their friends can catch up. Hard to prove but it does and has happened.

SweetJoe    390

No, the less I'm required to work out of game the better.

Johnny    0

I mean sure but when they don't mute they can hear their mates on TS talking and if they are far away they can purposely slow the hostage takers down so their friends can catch up. Hard to prove but it does and has happened.

I mean sure but when you look at their comms you also see how many friends they have as well as who...

Mazer    5

How is it really enforced though? New characters etc and I feel the standard of character pages would be a lot lower cause they make it cause they have to. I mean the ones who put effort into them will continue to do so but there would be a lot of minimal ones.

Diamond    0

I Agreee but only to the fact that It's a fuckin rp server it shouldn't be a chore to Make a character  page and be creative.... never understood why people don't have them. Idk about your reasoning tho.

Famous    6

Yeah I agree with this, people should have to make character pages for their character to actually be considered "Real". Kinda like confirming they exist, besides anyone can make it private so long as it exist.

Frosty    0

+1 beni.

People should make character pages. Don't know how Rolle would enforce it though.

Karma    168

+1 from me, I require everyone in my group have a character page with at least basic information on it. What I dont understand is the people acting like its such a chore to make a character page, it takes less than 2 min to fill out the barebones on a character page.