Server time: 2017-10-19, 10:58
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Ambrosius Legend

Why does my barrel disappear?

I have been playing dayzrp for a few weeks now.  I have been trying to keep a stash in a blue barrel.  But after a few days it was gone.  The barrel was damaged if that matters.  Its frustrating to work so hard to find all your stuff gone.  I have this barrel well hidden and no one would find it.  

Any advice?

Dave

P.S. Thank you very much to Hunter from Australia.  We met the other day and had some good RP.  It was really my first time hanging out with someone for a length of time.   He showed me a bunch of tricks.

Nihoolious    1248

Barrels depsawn if they aren't touched for I believe eight or so days. It could have also been wiped when persistence was wiped by accident recently or someone just straight up took it for themselves.

I really wouldn't get attached to virtual items if I were you however. You loose stuff in DayZRP frequently and you are gonna have to get used to it or else you are not gonna have a fun time here.

Bruce    0

Persistence got wiped yesterday. It's possible that it got wiped so there's no real advice to give honestly. You can't really avoid that. If it didn't get wiped then someone found it. So if that's the case, my advice would be to hide it better.

Hollows    450

1.) Either it was wiped after the timer because you didn't touch it after the period.

or

2.) Someone found it, and took all of your shit and the barrel for their own use.

Castiel    1124

There was an unexpected persistence wipe. DayZ is is still in Alpha, don't forget.

Dusty    1577

As others have stated, the persistence on S2 was wiped yesterday. If your barrel was on S2, then that's the cause right there.

Also, barrels and tents last 8 days before they despawn. In order to refresh a barrel or a tent, you need to move items around in it at least once every 8 days.

Here's the thread where it was explained that the server was wiped due to something occurring on the server provider's side of things: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Wipe-on-S2-today-10-07

As others have stated, the persistence on S2 was wiped yesterday. If your barrel was on S2, then that's the cause right there.

Also, barrels and tents last 8 days before they despawn. In order to refresh a barrel or a tent, you need to move items around in it at least once every 8 days.

Here's the thread where it was explained that the server was wiped due to something occurring on the server provider's side of things: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Wipe-on-S2-today-10-07

Yes I'm on S2.  So it got wiped yesterday.  That's what happened.  I check it every two days adding and removing stuff.  Today  i met two individuals looking for some tents.  They said there tents got wiped out in a storm.  I guess the persistence wiped is what really happened to there tents.  I guess that is good RP.

Thanks for all your help.

David 

AKA - Ambrosius (Ambro)

I have been playing dayzrp for a few weeks now.  I have been trying to keep a stash in a blue barrel.  But after a few days it was gone.  The barrel was damaged if that matters.  Its frustrating to work so hard to find all your stuff gone.  I have this barrel well hidden and no one would find it.  

Any advice?

Dave

P.S. Thank you very much to Hunter from Australia.  We met the other day and had some good RP.  It was really my first time hanging out with someone for a length of time.   He showed me a bunch of tricks.

I have found for DAYZRP life is much more liberating if you just don't worry about having top end gear (also top end gear will get you robbed faster).

I like to roam around if I am alone in civilian gear with a shotgun/repeater,  mountain pack, and whatever decent clothes I can find.... then just RP!

Believe me you will enjoy DayZRP so much more if you stop caring about gear.....

Any advice?

Dave

I have found for DAYZRP life is much more liberating if you just don't worry about having top end gear (also top end gear will get you robbed faster).

I like to roam around if I am alone in civilian gear with a shotgun/repeater,  mountain pack, and whatever decent clothes I can find.... then just RP!

Believe me you will enjoy DayZRP so much more if you stop caring about gear.....

No need to assume all stash users are gear whores... I keep a tent with backup clothing/supplies for if/when I die to a random glitch. CMMG baseball hats and hunting packs are pretty darn hard to find sometimes. If I were ever to start running two different characters simultaneously, I would likely use the tent as well to store clothing/gear for a second character.

Gear in this community is like cancer in different stages.

If you got good basic gear, you have cancer stage one, you might not get robbed for it, but you might get strong-armed for it.

If you got starter military gear, you have cancer stage two, you will probably get robed or strongarmed for it.

If you got end military gear, you have last stage cancer, you will get robbed, strongarmed, made fun off, and even tortured.

Take my advice, and just get the gear that your character would have, don't stash anything anywhere, you can always find anything.

Sorry that because of persistance you lost your stuff, but i think it was for the best, if you don't want to get salty, just rp with what you think is good for your character.

Some people lately opened the salt mines, for their tents, ask ex-Outrun members, or even me and my group how, tents and barrells are basicly a new stage of cancer.

Let that be, they can't be protected in anyway yet, be patient, maybe one day!

Any advice?

Dave

No need to assume all stash users are gear whores... I keep a tent with backup clothing/supplies for if/when I die to a random glitch. CMMG baseball hats  and hunting packs are pretty darn hard to find sometimes. If I were ever to start running two different characters simultaneously, I would likely use the tent as well to store clothing/gear for a second character.

Oh don't get me wrong.... I have my stash too.    But I just didn't want the OP being too worried over stashing cool gear and thinking DayZRP was like regular DayZ (where I am a gear whore).   At first I was playing dayzrp the same way ... but when I realized sometimes running around with whatever clothes and weapon I could find was also fun... DayZRP became a completely different game for me.

Keedz    0

Gear in this community is like cancer in different stages.

If you got good basic gear, you have cancer stage one, you might not get robbed for it, but you might get strong-armed for it.

If you got starter military gear, you have cancer stage two, you will probably get robed or strongarmed for it.

If you got end military gear, you have last stage cancer, you will get robbed, strongarmed, made fun off, and even tortured.

Take my advice, and just get the gear that your character would have, don't stash anything anywhere, you can always find anything.

Sorry that because of persistance you lost your stuff, but i think it was for the best, if you don't want to get salty, just rp with what you think is good for your character.

Some people lately opened the salt mines, for their tents, ask ex-Outrun members, or even me and my group how, tents and barrells are basicly a new stage of cancer.

Let that be, they can't be protected in anyway yet, be patient, maybe one day!

pretty much this

Bran    0

Its all about finding a good place to hide it. I have been sharing a barrel with a few friends for about 2 weeks now and its gone uninterrupted.

And also like Mordecai said, don't horde the highest end military gear. Just put things that you want to get on fast access if you just died/changing character. For me, this is Red t-shirts, Blue jeans, Black UK Assault Vests, Medi Kits ect

Raptor    174

One of three things probably happened:

1. Someone stole that shit

2. Server wipe

3. You didn't check it enough so the persistence despawned it.