Server time: 2017-08-20, 02:18

Sign in to follow this  
Skinner

//Permission to perma scar?

Skinner    435

Okay about 4 out of 5 times I'm held hostage by edgy banditos, they tell me to drop my radio and my gun, walk me away from the area to some secluded location, and within 5 minutes of asking my name they are asking me //permission to perma scar? Now some people are cool with that, and I have no problem with being asked. All I ask in return is that if I say no, don't hold it against me like I'm some kind of asshole for denying your request. I've had ppl flame me in ooc for saying no, or afterwards saying that I "ended the RP" by denying the request to perma scar (like wtf that's the only way you can rp?)

Let's say you're a really good RPer and I am really impressed, or we've had several run-ins and there is plenty of IC build-up to make some kind of creative/interesting scar a likely outcome, then yes I will absolutely allow it. Just remember that being a bandit and asking to scar someone is kind of like taking your victim out on  a date. First of all, it should be fun for both of you, not just you. Second, asking to perma scar someone you just met? Jeez pal let's get to know each other a little bit then let's talk about a permanent reminder of you on my character ok?

Am I thinking too far into it? Should I be more open to perma scarring or do you folks think less is more when it comes to asking every victim to let you carve your name into their forehead or whatever?

Castiel    1124

Yeah, a lot of people rush into it. There's plenty of ways to torture/hurt your victims without needing to ask OOCly.

Voodoo    360

Ive noticed this alot currently, its seems every bandit must scar the victim... what happened to the simple torturing with words? bending a finger back? Pulling a nail? Publicly humiliating the victim? The simple punch/kick?

Seems like scars are the only thing bandits want to do currently :/

Its cliché and overdone. Saw it last night and the OOC just triggers me cause there is no need for it.

Sylvester Todd    395

You don't need permission for a lot of stuff man, sounds like they just don't know what they're doing.

Hell I cut people up and emote specific carvings, just say OOC afterwards that its up to them if it scars.

GaryCash    23

You really shouldn't be having to deal with OOC negative reaction from the other parties on this, I'm sorry this has happened to you

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

Ive noticed this alot currently, its seems every bandit must scar the victim... what happened to the simple torturing with words? bending a finger back? Pulling a nail? Publicly humiliating the victim? The simple punch/kick?

Seems like scars are the only thing bandits want to do currently :/

Na Alex. It's gotta be an OOC Permission based torture every time. Even if I have no history with you at all.

Hebi Kotei    302

I believe people rush into scarring people thinking that it is the only way to do hostile roleplay and is also the only way you can torture someone IG. Psychological torture is still a thing and if you want to do physical torture you can waterboard them as well, this is only an example there are many more ways to torture people without leaving a scar.

I feel you.

Imo, way too many people do perma scars like that is the only "torture" they can do. I'd like to see more creativity, as there are plenty of other ways to put your mark on a hostage.

Harry    18

I dont think that a toture session is always needed, i would rather see something else that is unique, altrough its not always that easy. As for perma scaring that is just getting old and so boring.

Boston    648

To add to this, when people ask to permascar but don't specify what they want to do. A permascar could mean anything. It could mean carving a dick into your forehead, or it could mean carving a smiley on your shoulder. It could mean anything, so it results in me having to go OOC in order to figure out what they want to do.

If you want to deny it, that's up to you, it's your character. Don't let people get pissy with you over that. :)

JimRP    154

Personally I admit that it gets very annoying.

The other day I was taken hostage and I was taken to a place where we ran into 3 random folks who requested to join in the torturing.

They were allowed and requested to perma scar me lol.

Rolle    2450

I don't get it either, why would you torture or want to scar a random stranger you just met. I could understand two groups that are at war, but this?

I don't get it either, why would you torture or want to scar a random stranger you just met. I could understand two groups that are at war, but this?

Because they are crazy? it's like totally their character.

People need to be more original with their "torture".

TheTrueHawk    28

It's funny, because there's been research where they've found most torture methods are terrible for giving information. Hollywood just mainly fabricate it saying it's extremely effective. Physical torture isn't as effective as psychological torture. Plays with their minds, our bodies are meant to endure.

I've seen Wumby, and started doing it myself, do //permission to do scar that will last 5 days. It kind makes a torture session feel more impactful while still not feeling like the classic permascar that some people feel it is mandatory.

Clumsy    142

Chains...Whips and Rope...All Stagso Needs to drown their hope.

So when you taking me hostage Staggs? :P

But on a serious note people need to be a bit more original. New bandits seem to think that is how you do torture RP. You don't always need to scar someone AND doing it to someone you just met makes no sense. Rough them up! I know playing with Dress and watching him torture someone was AMAZING. He had so many awesome ideas when it comes to torture that it opened up my mind when it comes to being creative.

Branch out. Do some research. Use a can opener to bend nails back and pop them off. Get creative!

Sam Fields    153

The reasoning behind it, I'd presume, is to leave a trace that they did in-fact get the upper hand on you and to get their name noticed.

Or, it could be for the same reason that people carve their names into trees. Poor trees.

It happends waaaaay more than it should be , people arent that original anymore

Mazer    5

Maybe so the torturers can feel relevant and impactful like they did something cool.

Buddy    840

Chains...Whips and Rope...All Stagso Needs to drown their hope.

i know this of you from personal previous experiences.. :3

- on the point. i completely agree that if someone is to scar me then they'd better have a darn good reason for it!!

Makes me very confused when I see clips of people robbing someone for just shits n giggles and suddenly ask for a permascar. Makes me cringe and ask why the fuck would you do that with a first encounter of someone. Seen videos of very little to just plain shit RP robberies and suddenly "//Permission to carve dickbutt on your forehead" kind of suggestions.

Every time this happens the victim will lean backwards in his chair and go what the fuck..

Should he deny the request he's seen as a dickhead who doesn't like RP and receives a quick -gear stolen, now run north- robbery.

Should he allow it he has to carry that carving for the rest of his character's playthrough for no fucking reason whatsoever.

At least have the permascarring make some kind of sense RP wise and not just because you can or "your character is coo-coo" and just does that

-Snip-

-Snip-

I think that people are doing "psychopathic" characters just to do the same stuff everyone did in the past, or heard of, just to show off.

A true psycho wouldn't only break someone phisically, or even at all, they will try to manipulate, and break them mentally, perma scars started to become a common thing, is just moronic.

People either have to start being unique,  like you said, or have an actual reason, you are not a good rp-er if you just scar every random person you meet, like Rolle said.

I for example, i beat the shit out of them while someone beside me breaks them mentally with words, i do have an M.O. but im not gonna do that to every random person i see, that's only for special people, that actually did something to me, or to send a message.

But my personal oppinion on this matter is, that the perma scaring should actually have a really, good reason.I know most of the "psychos" will justify it by saying, "oh but my char would do that.", and if you wanna deny it, deny it by all means, i would do it too if its stupidly put or no reason behind it.No one scars that pretty face or body of mine without an actual serious reason.