Server time: 2017-10-22, 13:53
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
CrescentGent

DayZRP becoming stale?

I'm not sure whether it's just me but 'Jon Snow' came up with a statement saying "DayZRP is becoming boring and stale". I agreed but it's not all the time, it often goes through a period of "boredom".

What i mean by this is that, everyone in the group had gotten on and traveled to each popular city and/or popular areas to get some RP. Each RP scenario we've encountered tonight was a "Hi, how are you, goodbye" type thing and thats it. Jon Snow even tried to start some hostility but yet that failed, is this for anyone else or just us?

Nihoolious    1248

Crescent back at it again with a other thread.

My advice: try something new. New playstyle, new characters, just find something to make DayZRP fun again. For me it was finding new friends that rekindled that desire to play.

There are always those days were you log in and nothing happens. We get those sometimes. If that's the case don't freak out about it.

Commissar    119

Needs some events. Lore advancing events. I have a few ideas, maybe Ill make a thread, I dunno.

Cipher    0

Server needs a lore wipe, but people don't understand that.

Why? 

It's not the fault of the progressing lore that RP is stale at the moment. If you want to blame anything, blame it on the lack of decent lore/ideas/RP coming from groups. I don't see how a lore wipe would fix anything; we'd just get the same stale RP. I agree with Lankin - we need more lore progressing events and groups (I think the UN is doing a great job of this at the moment)

Castiel    1124

This.

But tbh, it's as good as you make it. If it's getting stale for you, try something new.

Cipher    0

This.

But tbh, it's as good as you make it. If it's getting stale for you, try something new.

Yeah, I dont understand this. Dont you think it'd be a good idea to progress the current lore and take it into a new direction to refresh the RP, rather than just plain reset and remove everything that has happened?

Idk, I dont like the idea of a lore reset at all.

Nihoolious    1248

Well then Tdawg, can you elaborate why a lore rest is the best option? Because I don't see how erasing all this IC history will make it better.

Castiel    1124

-

Fresh start. Wiping the lore brings us back to the beginning, people would actually be afraid of the infected and there'd be less edgy characters. The pros outweigh the cons to me.

GUARDtheHAM    12

I think it just depends on the day. Some days I'll log in and nothing will happen all day, others I'll log in and have an absolute blast. I tend to go through a bland stage every few days, but it's definitely an individual thing, not server wide.

Randle    933

As others have said.

Boring is as boring does. DayZRP is as good as you choose to make it.

Strider    0

-

Fresh start. Wiping the lore brings us back to the beginning, people would actually be afraid of the infected and there'd be less edgy characters. The pros outweigh the cons to me.

I agree tbh, a lore reset would make me want to get IG again. Just something different than the usual stale RP.

Wumby    0

-

Would it though? Or do people just always play edgy characters.

Cipher    0

-

I agree tbh, a lore reset would make me want to get IG again. Just something different than the usual stale RP.

Is the month or so of fresh RP that will arise be worth erasing the literal years of player-created lore that has been created?

I believe that the quality of the RP lies within the groups that are in game at the moment. If we want new and interesting RP, it's up to people creating groups to come up with either some really interesting origin story, a new method of RP/play style, or some sort of service they offer or something to spruce up their RP.

As interesting as a lore reset might be, I think it is a temporary fix to a problem that is ongoing and will always be.

Glitch    15

Many things have been said. It is the best you make it. Others say it's the progressing lore. I agree with the both of these. DayZRP is the best you make it. If you are bored, RP a character totally unlike anything you've done before. If you're friendly be totally hostile, step out of the box. And as for the lore I agree that some ideas have gotten repetitive. Many military groups, or evil crazy groups to put it simple. Something new that provides story for anyone who encounters said group would be great, anything that adds mystery.

In the end, there has been a lot of friendly RP lately, at least for me. But it is Chernarus, the origin place of the apocalypse and it is two years into it, it's no time to be friendly. So if you do come upon someone who is very friendly to you, act cautious and get hostile, it will spice things up. Often people who see you sneaking around may call you out and think you are weird and I don't understand that because in an apocalypse the last thing you would want to do is walk up to a random stranger.

NOTE: I will like to add that people can spice things up if they dive into a situation they know is hostile or will get them robbed. Now some situations yes it is a quick rob and go but others are large groups that will RP with you and I feel some people are afraid of losing the gear they have which yes is fair enough, you worked hard for it but this is DayZRP do it for the RP. I have learned that I have had more fun being robbed and losing stuff than walking around all day all hunky dory. If you are going to sit around and see how long you can keep your gear (whilst avoiding RP) then you might as well play PVP and see how long you can keep your gear, because it is the same idea with a bigger challenge, KOS.

I have had a pretty fun time playing recently, a lot of the time when it gets stale I just join a new group or try to change my approach to how I RP with people, the only reason I would say things got a little stale for me at a time was running into the same groups and people all the time, but recently I've seen an emergence of a lot of new groups that have some interesting RP

Dora    0

Is the month or so of fresh RP that will arise be worth the literal years of player-created lore that has been created?

I believe that the quality of the RP lies within the groups that are in game at the moment. If we want new and interesting RP, it's up to people creating groups to come up with either some really interesting origin story, a new method of RP/play style, or some sort of service they offer or something to spruce up their RP.

As interesting as a lore reset might be, I think it is a temporary fix to a problem that is ongoing and will always be.

CREATE NEW CHARACTERS

Goodbye your old characters. Hello same exact characters.

WIPE THE SERVER LORE

Goodbye your old characters. Hello unique fresh characters.

This server lore has been up for over 2 years. It's time to let it go.

Bruce    0

Idk, I'm having a great time ingame still and don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

It's probably not the game that's becoming stale, but doing the same rp over and over again. So try to play a character that's radically different than you're used to. Might make it more interesting for ya.

Don't wipe the lore. That needs to wait till beta.

Cipher    0

Is the month or so of fresh RP that will arise be worth the literal years of player-created lore that has been created?

CREATE NEW CHARACTERS

Goodbye your old characters. Hello same exact characters.

WIPE THE SERVER LORE

Goodbye your old characters. Hello unique fresh characters.

This server lore has been up for over 2 years. It's time to let it go.

What stops me from making the same type of character, just two years previous? If you think about it, what really changes?

Think you're blaming the lore for lack of creativity on the player's part. Resetting the lore will not change some people creating clones of one type of character.

Rather than resetting the lore, I propose some sort of event, something groundbreaking, to progress the lore further than it is currently. I think if we figure out how to work with what we've got, rather than taking the easy way out with a reset, we can introduce new opportunities for fresh RP and new characters without getting rid of two years of in-game history.

It can be boring at times, but I try to stand out in the world of DayZ in any way possible. Some examples would be trying new characters pretty often, have those characters be super unique to the point where they type how much they like your character in OCC, or just give you beanZ for it. Ehem... I wouldn't mind some beanZ... just go to the bottom right of my post! Anyway, I just try to spice things up to make it more fun for me, and more fun for others.

Valkerion    0

Probably because there is nothing going on that people care about? the reason people walk around and ask you about your day is because that is all thats going on. There is NO big bandit group causing chaos and making people wet their pants to talk about, there is no big hero group to defend the bed wetters with a big settlement for people to flock to for safety everybody is just friendly neutral with each other and nothing develops or ever happens because nothing goes on worth mentioning.

DayZRP always hits this period of stagnation in RP its part of the cycle.

"nothing is going on i wish there were more bandits to stir things up"

"bandits are horrible get rid of them all they force hostilities on my RP"

*insert about 40 thread of how bandit RP is destroying the server"

*insert some inter group salt*

*bandit groups disband*

*hero groups disband because there are no bandits*

"the server is boring nothing is going on we need more bandits to spice things up"

it continues and continues its funny to watch honestly.

A new patch would be nice too so would a lore wipe so we can just cut out all these stagnant groups and carbon copy super survivors where the only really difference between them is an accent which is what everyone is at this point because of how long its been nobody fears the infected anymore because it wouldnt make sense to, nobody is confused or seeking the government/military for help because that time is long gone.

Uriki    0

Probably because there is nothing going on that people care about? the reason people walk around and ask you about your day is because that is all thats going on. There is NO big bandit group causing chaos and making people wet their pants to talk about, there is no big hero group to defend the bed wetters with a big settlement for people to flock to for safety everybody is just friendly neutral with each other and nothing develops or ever happens because nothing goes on worth mentioning.

DayZRP always hits this period of stagnation in RP its part of the cycle.

"nothing is going on i wish there were more bandits to stir things up"

"bandits are horrible get rid of them all they force hostilities on my RP"

*insert about 40 thread of how bandit RP is destroying the server"

*insert some inter group salt*

*bandit groups disband*

*hero groups disband because there are no bandits*

"the server is boring nothing is going on we need more bandits to spice things up"

it continues and continues its funny to watch honestly.

A new patch would be nice too so would a lore wipe so we can just cut out all these stagnant groups and carbon copy super survivors where the only really difference between them is an accent which is what everyone is at this point because of how long its been nobody fears the infected anymore because it wouldnt make sense to, nobody is confused or seeking the government/military for help because that time is long gone.

jzJtXhJ.png

Nihoolious    1248

-snip-

I'd love to see another big bad bandit group to have the server either ally or fight against. But with the way the rules seem to be heading I don't see that happening ever again without some serious report drama and bans.

Bran    0

DayZRP is what you make it. If you are getting bored just mix it up and try something new