Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:28
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
William Mitchell

Wipe on S2 today 10/07???

Question

So there was a server restart today due to lag.   My friend and I got back to our camp and all tents were gone... and not just ours but a couple of groups we were camped with were gone as well. Got back on after 7pm US Eastern (usual server restart) and still gone.

So was there a complete server database wipe today?   Is everyone else missing tents?

Not that its a big deal.... isn't the first time wont be the last that's for sure.  But usually there is an announcement....

10 answers to this question

Castiel    1124

/Moved to Questions.

I think only Rolle will know the answer to this, so he will answer it as soon as he's available.

Rory    1558

If it were a complete wipe your characters would've been reset also. I recon it just deleted persistance, sometimes that happens when the servers are struggling for days.

Alex    465

S2's done this before, this time it wasn't us, it was the provider, apparently a bug or the like. As bunny castiel said, rolle may be able to clarify all of this, and maybe roll it back.

Ok thanks all... Really just wanted to know how to RP it as a "natural disaster" or ask about the gunshots we heard leaving camp today and if the camp was destroyed by human hands...figured it was someone shooting deer or game as it stopped after about 5 or 6 shots.

Skinner    496

IF it helps I can confirm that all UN tents and barrels were also wiped. So yes, it looks like a persistence wipe occurred,

Derk    5

IF it helps I can confirm that all UN tents and barrels were also wiped. So yes, it looks like a persistence wipe occurred,

where those tents at Hope camp, or somewhere else?

Rolle    2932

I know nothing about a persistence wipe, must be DayZ just being DayZ.

Harry    18

As is not a persistence wipe, it indeed seems to be Dayz there is nothing we can do about it. We are sorry that this has happend to you.

With that beign said i am going to mark this as solved

/Solved

Thanks all... Like I said for me, no big deal. Natural Disasters occur... as survivors we pick ourselves up and continue to survive!

Skinner    496

where those tents at Hope camp, or somewhere else?

All UN tents and barrels at UN Base India Echo (Gorka) and all LIFE tents at Camp Hope were wiped. As well as a secret barrel I stashed in a tree out in the woods, so the odds of someone finding all of them and taking them all between the time I went to bed and my next time logging in are extremely slim. As Rolle and staff said above if it was not a persistence wipe it must have simply been a dayz/server screw up.