Server time: 2017-10-17, 06:01
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
rokvam

Just joined...

rokvam    0

Well, thats it... my application is sent, and hopefully I will be whitelisted before long...

Really looking forward to some cool role-playing adventures in the months to come :-)

Gowbe    207

Welcome and good luck with the application :)

DickSlide    250

Welcome! Best of luck on your whitelist!!

Buddy    1060

hello there!! welcome to the community c: if you ever need any help or just have a question, the staff team are all great and willing to help. the community members too ;)

see you in chernarus!

Ramon    360

Welcome to DayZRP! ;)

Good luck with your application...

Frosty    0

Welcome to the community, rokvam!

Hope you make some fun memories in the community, and don't be a stranger. :)

rokvam    0

Thanks for the warm welcome :-) Had a trial run on saturday evening, but despite 49 players beeing in game, I did not run in to anybody. I'll dive back in wednesday evening for move fun. I am really looking forward to some great adventures. As I am a family man, my playtime is limited, but I intend to go all in when I get to play. I am having some trouble finding the teamspeak server, but hopefully I will figure it out before long. Will use my time away from my computer to read more about how to behave in game, and make sure my first encounter with other players is a memorable one :-) This truly has rewived my DayZ ethusiasm :-)

rokvam    0

Yo :)

If I run info a group of people threateningvme at gunpoint, and telling me to put my hands up. Do I have to comply,  or can I back up, and take defencive action (e.g reise my own gun and tell them to back off)? Or will This be against the rules? I ask, because in a potentially hostile environment, giving in emediately could potentially be as dangerous as submitting to strangers demands. Value for my own life could just as easily be shown through self defence and self preservation. Beeing an Officer in real life, I can guarantee you that my odds would have to be really bad for me to surrender my firearm to strangers with guns. But if Rp rules states that I have to act that way I will comply. I thought I would ask before I encountered this scenario in game.

Zombru    25

Yes and no. If you're in a hostile environment surrounded by 12 people and you only have one (that being yourself) I'd say no because NVFL (no value for life), but if it's a 1v1 or 1v2 go for it. My opinion on the matter is that I never shoot unless I think that their RP would be garbage. If you shoot you may miss out on some good RP.

rokvam    0

Yes and no. If you're in a hostile environment surrounded by 12 people and you only have one (that being yourself) I'd say no because NVFL (no value for life), but if it's a 1v1 or 1v2 go for it. My opinion on the matter is that I never shoot unless I think that their RP would be garbage. If you shoot you may miss out on some good RP.

Thx for quick reply... I understand, and agree. I was thinking of a 2-3 vs me, or 1-2 vs me situation. Against a larger group I would probably be toast anyway.