Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
ChocoCharizard

Some questions about interactions with players and RP

Question

Hey guys I'm new here and awaiting my whitelist confirmation. I have some questions about interactions and RP that weren't quite covered by the FAQ or newcomers guide. I'll try to keep "what if" questions as simple and specific as possible. 

1. Are warning shots allowed?  

2. I understand KoS is strictly against the rules but are there any circumstances where this can be disregarded? Example being factions at war with each other or myself accidentally wearing something that identies me as a hostile towards a faction? 

3. How do you stay in RP as a fresh spawn? The character I'm wanting to RP is nomadic and does what he can to hunt animals for food and keep to the rural areas. How do I explain to someone that I have absolutely no gear or in my case hiked his way from Russia with nothing but a t shirt and jeans? 

4. One of the rules states that if I happen upon a hostile engagement between other players that I can't use it to my advantage. What am I to do if I'm caught in crossfire or accidentally being engaged? 

5. Just out of curiosity does anyone not speak English and how do language barriers effect RP? 

That's it for now. Thanks everyone and I look forward to being a part of the community!

10 answers to this question

Spartan    1230

1. only if you already got kos rights.

2. nope, kos rules still apply even if the groups are at war with eachother

3. you can say that your stuff is at your tent and that you are just out for a jog or so. People won't ask cause they were themselves in that position ;)

4. if they inititate on you, you gain kos rights on them but if you encounter a hostage situation i advise you to just turn around and fuck off.

5. everyone in game has to speak english so you can rp with eachother. Of course when i meet a fellow dutchie and my char is dutch aswell i can of course speak dutch with him while traveling around.

Sasha    0

1. No.

2. No.

3. Make something up, someone stole your shit, you had a rough night out. May be a bit awkward but it works.

4. Run, hide, show yourself as not a threat.

5. You're required to be able to speak english.

Dishes    159

1. No, warning shots are no longer allowed.

2. No, KoS is always 100% against the rules unless you have KoS rights.

3. You can always make the interaction short. You don't have to give someone your full story right then and there. If I were ever a fresh spawn, I would just sorta RP out normally and just not really like rub in the fact that I look like a fresh spawn, typically people understand that look and don't really dwell on it.

4. You run away, hide, whatever, you're character would most likely be fearing getting shot. If someone fires at you then that does give you the right to fire back, however, you cannot just simply wander right into the middle of a gunfight with the intention to be shot at so you can shoot people. 

5. No, everyone here should be able to speak English, it is a requirement in order to play here because this community is an English speaking one. Language barriers such as broken English kinda just help RP sometimes, Chernarus has characters in it from all over the world, so it just kinda adds to that affect.

Does this answer your question then?

/solved ;)

Post    0

I mean in my opinion if you do a warning shot you should consider it an initiation. It's not by the rules but if you get killed after it don't be upset, they'll take it as a hostile act. For most part given the majority of this community I wouldn't do it, but whatever.

DickSlide    250

Glad you got your answers! With the above stated I will /solve this.

Mianera    0

What about scaring people?

Like what if you do like he does here from 27:20 to 28:20?

So like, shoot in the air to scare people. Not to threaten or anything, but initiate with voice and then fire into the sky?

DickSlide    250

What about scaring people?

Like what if you do like he does here from 27:20 to 28:20?

So like, shoot in the air to scare people. Not to threaten or anything, but initiate with voice and then fire into the sky?

Once you have initiated its fine. But if you shoot in the air or near people it is an Invalid Initiation