Server time: 2017-08-21, 02:41

Sign in to follow this  
saVageSam

Night Time RP

Do you use the gamma slider at night?   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the gamma slider at night?

• What is darkness? Of course I do
    • You think Darkness is your ally, I was born in the dark!
    • I would rather not say,

saVageSam    3

I can not help but wonder if we should implement night time rules when it comes to RP.

Several times in pitch darkness where I was in my Ghillie in the tall grass, I had people run at me from I don't know 50-100m away.

It's pitch dark and we have people run up to someone who has no fire going or any source of light, and no the moon was not shining bright!

Just going "Hey man I just saw you laying there and wanted to check if you were ok" and I'm sitting there like "Do you have X-ray vision or thermal or something?".

I mean it feels a bit like a case of a bad RP on their part just bluntly running up in pitch darkness to someone.

So - What do we justify it as? Bad RP?

Castiel    1124

-

He's saying the opposite dude!

OP, I agree that it can be annoying. Hopefully one day when we get more control over the server we'll be able to lock Gamma and stop the cheap night vision. Until then, nothing we can do about it.

saVageSam    3

You are wearing a ghillie suit, in tall grass, at night and you are surprised people can't see you? Thats hard to see on day time. No need for night rules of any type, extremely unnecessary.

What do you mean? I'm talking about people just running up during night time when I'm in a full ghillie sitting in grass not moving. And they are like "OH HI!!!"

-

OP, I agree that it can be annoying. Hopefully one day when we get more control over the server we'll be able to lock Gamma and stop the cheap night vision. Until then, nothing we can do about it.

I think we should implement it as initiation at least or Bad RP, it has happened to me like 4 times now and it's just so annoying :(

DocofPinewood    32

It's just bad rp imo. I keep gamma normal or lower than normal. I have gone camping a 100x and know its pitch black without a light source.

-

I think we should implement it as initiation at least or Bad RP, it has happened to me like 4 times now and it's just so annoying :(

Do you know what initiation means?

Nihoolious    1110

You are wearing a ghillie suit, in tall grass, at night and you are surprised people can't see you? Thats hard to see on day time. No need for night rules of any type, extremely unnecessary.

What do you mean? I'm talking about people just running up during night time when I'm in a full ghillie sitting in grass not moving. And they are like "OH HI!!!"

-

Alright I read that correctly this time. That is a terrible idea because how would you know if someone is using boosted gamma/brightness? And why in the hell would that warrant killing them?

saVageSam    3

Alright I read that correctly this time. That is a terrible idea because how would you know if someone is using boosted gamma/brightness? And why in the hell would that warrant killing them?

I don't mean killing, I mean we can tie them up and torture the sh*t out of them lol

But seriously. It's so annoying when you get random kids in pitch darkness running up to you -_-

Nihoolious    1110

I don't mean killing, I mean we can tie them up and torture the sh*t out of them lol

But seriously. It's so annoying when you get random kids in pitch darkness running up to you -_-

Seems like an OOC reason to do IC shit to someone. I don't fucks with that. Yeah I guess its annoying but don't punish someone for it. If they couldn't see they wouldn't play and then there would be less players during night times and you can't RP if no one is there.

and you can't RP if no one is there.

*Cough*

Also as Castiel stated, there isn't anyway to prevent players from using gama googles. And frankly, trying to ban someone for something that small seems rather petty to me. If I have low graphics I can see you in the long grass anyways, but nobody would ever get banned for that.

Mr. night    4

although I understand what your saying, because it might break your RP/immersion but like others said before there isn't any way to combat this until the staff as full control of the servers, other than that I suggest just hiding in the night with your ghillie as you would hide in the day with it because a lot of people crank their gamma up anyway, and most likely won't stop now.

Mazer    5

^ What Night said. If you can hide in the day, hiding in the night should be child's play.

Rose    143

It's just bad rp imo. I keep gamma normal or lower than normal. I have gone camping a 100x and know its pitch black without a light source.

100% Agree with this!

I mean, back in Fallujah when we'd get into firefights at night, we'd use NVG's. The terrorists would always yell, "Whoa unfair advantage." and, "That's BadRP man." But that's real life, and this is a game.

In all aspects of life, and in everything else there will always be an unfair advantage. Just because you choose not to use a higher gamma setting, doesn't mean someone else should be punished in any shape or form, for using the game's built in settings for their own benefit.

If you get into a firefight and the only thing you can see is muzzle flashes because it's so dark, you're not going to have a fun time. You could argue that this is an 'RP' server, but all RP elements go out the window when you get into a firefight, you're number one goal is to win at all costs or risk losing your life, or the life of your friends.

This is a no from me, we already have enough rules and things to report people for as it is, and punishing people for using a built in game setting would be a very stupid move.

Cole    10

If you aren't laying in a pond pretending to be a swamp monster, you're using your ghili wrong

No need to complicate things. The rules are fine the way they are. Forcing night time rules will create more reports for petty things like accusing someone of bad rp because they spotted your wookie suit

You justify it as game mechanics being used. There's no bad RP, there's no AOGM, it's just something you deal with. I would've never punished anyone for using gamma goggles on the past, because it's something a large majority do and have done for ages. You might not like it, but as long as it's under the control of the players, it'll be like this. And as said above, no new rules are needed for this.

LightGhillie    84

Until the staff have control over more settings, like locking Gamma. Just act like its a really bright full moon. Frankly I have not been IG for around a month so I really dont have any say ;)

saVageSam    3

Until the staff have control over more settings, like locking Gamma. Just act like its a really bright full moon. Frankly I have not been IG for around a month so I really dont have any say ;)

Alright then will do I guess, yeh I hope someday we will get the Gamma locked to a certain % :)

The Buddha    23

I was just wondering, while running round in the dark, last night. What do the majority of the people on the server do about night time play. 

Obviously turning up the gamma will make things so much easier to play, but if I am in the shadows, unable to see myself on my own screen... Should you be able to see me clear as day on yours? 

It plays a huge advantage for the gamma tweaker but am not going to make this into a debate as to why you sholdn't do it, or trash anyone for for doing it. Am just wanting to know what everyone else feels about it.

Harry    18

Its a personal choice, if you want to use then fine if you dont want to use then also fine. Personally i put up the gamma slighty so i can atleast see

something and not get lost in to the darkness :)

No gamma is best gamma! Join the darknes!

Everyone can do it so its not an advantage over anyone else. Turn it up, and lets play the game bd worry less over little things.