Server time: 2017-10-24, 05:53
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
bkuegs

35mm Film?

bkuegs    0

Does anyone know if like old school point and shoot film cameras are an ok electronic?

Like if anything itd take a battery for a flash

Commissar    119

This is an odd first post, this probably belongs in questions, and I'm sure google could help you with your answer, cause I'm not to sure what your on about. Care to try again?

Aiko    650

//Moved to Off topic

Seeing as this doesn't really go with questions related to Dayz, but about camera's it seems.

bkuegs    0

I meant as far as the game like i know it says cell phones and such with rechargeable batteries. But this would be like a camera used to film stuff my character is a journalist and wants to document the camera itself is not electric its like old old school

Nihoolious    1252

I think what hes trying to say is if those items could still work in the setting of DayZRP. Personally, I say go for it, add some variety to RP.

Aiko    650

I would google things up really, and explain things better. I would say that anything that can record, would be very hard to find and maintain now. Photos are the best thing to go with.

Shark    0

Yeah, I'd say there's a decent chance older, non-digital cameras would still function as normal. Developing any photos could be more tricky but it could all be done as no electricity is necessarily required.

Also, this shouldn't be in off-topic since he's asking about in game stuff, unless I'm reading this wrong.

Aiko    650

//Moved back to General

In the future please try and be a bit more specific with your OP. ^_^

bkuegs    0

Awesome yeah I had just submitted to be whitelisted but I wanted to make sure the people would be alright with my idea for the camera

Shark    0

Awesome yeah I had just submitted to be whitelisted but I wanted to make sure the people would be alright with my idea for the camera

Yeah, in the past, there's been plenty of people who have RPed out cameras, and even shortly after the start of the apocalypse (early 2015) there were some recording videos. However, it's not a common thing anymore from what I've seen.

Commissar    119

Oh right, yeah ok, I see what you are on about now. Next time go into more detail, cause I had no clue you were talking about potentially using a camera recorder IG. Try it out and see what happens.

Karma    170

I personally RP that 2 of my characters carry cameras and extra film for them. Never had a issue with it.

Cow    0

If in doubt you could go full retro and use a black powder based camera.

Jango    47

Rangefinder or maybe a scope from a gun could be a suitable camera.

Im more than sure that they would work with a battery, the problem would be how would you maintain them after two years in the Outbreak, i actually rp a photographer/biker and i had a camera for a time, but decided to throw it away because ic, the camera after two years, and after different situations was basicly ruined...

bkuegs    0

Im more than sure that they would work with a battery, the problem would be how would you maintain them after two years in the Outbreak, i actually rp a photographer/biker and i had a camera for a time, but decided to throw it away because ic, the camera after two years, and after different situations was basicly ruined...

I dont expect my character to really hold true to his ambitious ways but in the beginning when he arrives he has a camera and wants to film everything.

Another couple of questions that come to mind now that i've read through these a couple of times is 

- Do i have to have an item on me that represents said camera?

- Do i have to find supplies for the camera in game to continue holding onto it? Or am I able to act like im finding supplies as long as it is sparse and i eventually run out of film, spare parts?

I dont expect my character to really hold true to his ambitious ways but in the beginning when he arrives he has a camera and wants to film everything.

Another couple of questions that come to mind now that i've read through these a couple of times is 

- Do i have to have an item on me that represents said camera?

- Do i have to find supplies for the camera in game to continue holding onto it? Or am I able to act like im finding supplies as long as it is sparse and i eventually run out of film, spare parts?

Depends, i usually used a ranger finder as another community member said above, and the supplies for the camera can be emoted that you have on you as a rp item.