Server time: 2017-08-18, 07:07

Sign in to follow this  
Famous

Taste is gone, well than

Famous    6

Well this is one of the strangest feelings I have ever experienced. So yesterday I woke up with a funny feeling in my mouth. Naturally i ignored it, shook it off really. Than around noon i got some ice cream but it didn't have any taste, so i had just assumed since it was vanilla it was just this one tasteless ice cream. So i than eat a snickers of which had no taste either, and at this point i get scared. I drank some sprite which felt like gas water and then i tried to pour hot sauce in my mouth but it didn't even burn my tongue. So now i can't taste anything and it's the weirdest thing. Earlier today the right side of my face became numb, got scared i was having a stroke and got myself checked out and turns out i have Bell's Palsy. Hows everyone's day been so far.

Oh, J-Jesus. That's not too good.

Eum I've been fine I guess, thanks for asking.

Hope it will go back to normal soon. Jesus... I would have been scared to death.

Famous    6

Honestly my heart dropped when I figured out I couldn't taste anything, but doctor says in around 5 days it should be back. Just tried to eat some crackers and it was like I was eating paper lol

Roach    1517

It's not good at all.

It can happen after or during a bad cold though (had this before) but for me, everything tasted bitter and unedible.

EDIT: This lasted me about 5-6 days.

Go to your doctor. There ain't much that the internet will do for you to help/fix this problem.

Best of luck.

My day has been continuous for the past 3-4 days (new baby = no sleep) :) Other than that, I'm top!

Sounds like a nightmare.

Went to a funeral service, cried a bit. Went out at the park with a lot of friends and laughed a lot.

So its been alright. Thanks for asking.

LoneStarrr    84

Shit man, had a friend who went through Bell's Palsy. He joked about it a lot but I'm sure it is quite the scare when it first happens. Hope it passes over quickly for you.

Joules    226

You know it's bad when I read this title as Tate is gone well than.

I've never heard of Bell's Palsy, but thanks for getting me distracted on the google machine looking into it. :troll:

Hopefully you don't have this last longer term. I lost my most of my sense of smell a few years back, which impacted my taste greatly. It's the kind of punishment I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Though in my case, I haven't completely lost my sense of taste like in your situation.

AlwaysGamer    24

I have a funny taste in my mounth. - Take a charcoal tab!

Joke aside I hope things will go better for you

well that's terrifiying

Bell's Palsy is nothing to fuck with. Well done getting a doctor to have a look at you right away. Hope you feel better soon!

That is extremely interesting to hear, I never knew about that before hand.

Thanks for sharing and I hope you get better ASAP.

It was my birthday yesterday, my family isn't well off but I got a new pair of trainers and it was about time too.

Take advantage of it and join some Fear Factor where you are challenged to eat all kinds of nasty crap.

ez money ez win

I remember when you was telling me this in TS. Your exact words were "You guys ever get a weird feeling in your mouth" and we were like WTF and started to die laughing. Then he explained and we were like "oh shit man you need to check that up". Was super funny in TS but sorry for the issue my man. Just remember my words of wisdom with life, don't type it in here or you may get warning points ;)