Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:25
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Joules

Old USAF Frequency - Limited Frequency

Joules    274

*Tucker switches his radio over to the old USAF Frequency, and sets the radio aside for a moment. In his pack is a little baggy of white powder, which he opens and spreads a small line of the powder on his knife. He then rolls up a piece of paper into a tubes and snorts the powder. Tucker let's the drug set in before grabbing his radio once more. He lets out a sigh before depressing the PTT*

"Gaspari! You there? I presume you wish to talk to me about what happened... oh god how long ago has it been now? A month and a half? I'll let you know, these wounds are finally starting to heal... still hurts like a mother fucker though. I also presume you are one of the many who have been hunting after my head... Well you all haven't found me yet so don't expect to take me so easily to that good night. What is it you wanted to talk about?"

*He releases the PTT and prepares another line.*

MGGenao    0

*Gaspari sat at table within a log cabin, setting his FNX .45 down, he reached up to the PTT button for his headset, connected to his radio. His voice was clear, calm and collected.*

Tucker, I wasn't hunting you. I told those Northern Jack offs as much to get 'em off my ass. Truth is....I had high hopes for bringing back Pinewood. Break.

*He lets go of the PTT to let out a sigh, he glanced over to his left as he heard moaning. Noting the wounded man crawling for his crowbar, he reached for the FNX and immediately fired two more shots in rapid succession before keying the PTT once more*

Thing is, no Tucker....No Pinewood. I'm the last of the United States Armed Forces out here and you....you're the last of the N.A.O. so we need to stick together. Over.

*He released the PTT and stood up walking over to the man he had just shot. He nudged him over with his boot so that he faced upwards. He had the FNX still in his hand and fired one more shot into the man's head for good measure. He looked over to sitting body of a woman and fired two more shots into her and the back of the man slumped over who had tried to shield her. He fired two shots into him as well before reloading the not yet depleted magazine.* 

Joules    274

*Tucker listens to the man speak and is reminded of days long past. He touches his lower part of his right leg, sliding his fingers gently over his scar. His memory is still sharp of that horrible night, where he witnessed so much blood spilled. Instantly he is then reminded of one horrible night in Dolina. In his head, he plays back the fateful night. As the voices in his head, the voices of fallen 'brothers' scream for support, he pulls back the bolt on his rifle, taking another shot at Chedaki attackers.... He jolts out of his day dream and responds.*

"I can't not think of the things we accomplished together... it infects my sleep like a bad flu. I know we didn't fight side by side, but there are many of our fallen... brothers that I did fight together with. Did I ever tell you about the time in Dolina where we stalked up on Chief? We had received word that there were Chedaki and Chedaki sympathizers in the town, so we surrounded it and stealthily entered, with me as overwatch... Oh by did they get a scare when I had to distract 'em to have the rest of our brothers to have a good exit... I want to know what that business was months ago when I was arguing for why I should take a leading role in that joke of a northern alliance... how you claimed I wanted to kill all of USAF... Well you know what? At that time, after the fall of the N.A.O... the thought had crossed my mind! I was betrayed then and I'm betrayed now. How would you feel if you woke up with nothing, all of your supplies gone and your men moved out of camp? Alone... You know I thought that would have been the worst betrayal I would experience in all this... BY MY OWN COUNTRYMEN! But no... it's gotten worse, much much worse. I quickly realized the error of my ways, on how angry I had been at you all and I dropped the matter. There was a... trouble I had with the worst offenders however. Frank and Shane...

I wanted them to suffer for how they treated me... but I got over it, even accepting Shane fully back into the fold months later, when I found him groveling by Black Lake, half his damn memory missing. Frank I told off and never saw again... We have history, the USAF and I... I just wish you woulda seen it all unfold. I saw one other survivor of USAF back in March... he and a few others saved me life when I apparently went coo coo for coco puffs after finding out my wife was gone. Turns out I charged thirty of those infected fuckers with nothing but an ax... needless to say I don't remember any of that, but he dragged my body out, like I dragged the bodies of our brothers out of the fire... We don't turn on family...

So what happened up north in my absence? I presume a lot of fun. *he chuckles*"

*Tucker releases the PTT and waits for a response*

MGGenao    0

*Had sealed of the small cabin and went back to the table. He took apart his FNX and removed a small pouch from his pocket, opening it he produced a small bottle of CLP and applied it to a brush and began scrubbing down the pistol. When he heard Tucker's Reply, he keyed in on his radio to answer back*

I remember hearing about that....you did right by us Tucker but for  a long time I didn't know who to trust. We were betrayed and I still don't know by who but I know now it wasn't you and I was wrong to snap at you. I know I'm wrong now after seeing where this so called "Council" got us. Break.

*Stood up now pacing about the cabin before he keyed back in and continued*

You're one of the last friends I got left after the fall of U-Saf and right now I need friends. I can't stand being up here in the north with these liars and manipulators. They brought us nothing but war and I've seen more friends die cause of them. Over.

*he let go of the PTT and sat back down. He went back to his pistol and resumed cleaning the weapon, thoroughly like just an other day at the armory after a pistol range.* 

Joules    274

*Had sealed of the small cabin and went back to the table. He took apart his FNX and removed a small pouch from his pocket, opening it he produced a small bottle of CLP and applied it to a brush and began scrubbing down the pistol. When he heard Tucker's Reply, he keyed in on his radio to answer back*

I remember hearing about that....you did right by us Tucker but for  a long time I didn't know who to trust. We were betrayed and I still don't know by who but I know now it wasn't you and I was wrong to snap at you. I know I'm wrong now after seeing where this so called "Council" got us. Break.

*Stood up now pacing about the cabin before he keyed back in and continued*

You're one of the last friends I got left after the fall of U-Saf and right now I need friends. I can't stand being up here in the north with these liars and manipulators. They brought us nothing but war and I've seen more friends die cause of them. Over.

*he let go of the PTT and sat back down. He went back to his pistol and resumed cleaning the weapon, thoroughly like just an other day at the armory after a pistol range.* 

*he quickly depresses the PTT again and replies*

"What happened up there in my absence? What wars? I'm limited in what ever information I hear over this here radio. What happened to my 'constitution'? What is there no more senate? The senate is the peoples power to decide dammit! Tell me it's still intact and they haven't done exactly what they were accusing me of doing; taking power and shafting the little guy. Sure, I wanted power! I'll admit that, and I was prepared to do what ever it took to get it, but the thing is... You know me, you know how I would have treated that power. That "power" would all be directed to making the north a safe place, free of war, but ready to fight should the time require. Diplomacy first, followed by gunpowder... Things would have been very different if they kept to my plan! The Pinewood coalition was built modest, but this northern alliance was built greedy. Over"

*He releases the PTT and waits*

MGGenao    0

*had finished cleaning his pistol and re-assembled it before holstering it on his thigh holster. He keyed back in*

Suffice to say Tucker, they HAVEN'T lived up to the ideals they claimed. It was a mistake chasing you off and I think a change in leadership is needed. We need to set up a meet and soon. Over.

*as he finished holding the PTT, he walked to the bedroom of the cabin, he carefully stepped over the body of the dead man to get across the room and enter. He closed off the door and set his back down as he let himself drop on to his back on the old matress*

Joules    274

*had finished cleaning his pistol and re-assembled it before holstering it on his thigh holster. He keyed back in*

Suffice to say Tucker, they HAVEN'T lived up to the ideals they claimed. It was a mistake chasing you off and I think a change in leadership is needed. We need to set up a meet and soon. Over.

*as he finished holding the PTT, he walked to the bedroom of the cabin, he carefully stepped over the body of the dead man to get across the room and enter. He closed off the door and set his back down as he let himself drop on to his back on the old matress*

*Tucker quickly responds*

"Does anyone else feel the same? Are people other than you disillusioned to the likes of Finnr, Alex, and Stradic? Over"

*He releases the PTT*

MGGenao    0

*he held the PTT as he began to speak*

I can't confirm if this frequency is still the most secure. Let's meet in person. I'll send you the info soon. Gaspari Out.

*Sighing he let go of the PTT and laid his pack down as he turned on the bed, facing up to the ceiling he closed his eyes to salvage any sleep he could*

MGGenao    0

*Awoke that morning. He seemed to have slept peacefully as he smiled to himself. He reached to the radio and keyed in, his voice reflected someone who had just woken up*

Tucker, come in. Come in Tucker Hass. over

*He let go of the PTT as he waited for a reply back. While he waited he began throwing together his gear preparing to move out from the location. He scrunched up his nose as he peered to the closed door to the bedroom. He knew now he probably should have at the least dragged the bodies outside*

Joules    274

*"Tucker look alive!" Ricky screams toward Tucker. His eyes open wide, taking in the entire scene. Infected after infected surround the two men. They put their backs to each other and fight off the threat. Tucker's body is weak, after only just surviving a shot to the head. Luckily for him, the bullet grazed the side of his skull, leaving him no worse for wear, but still groggy and sluggish. He blinks, and once his eyes are opened again, instead of five infected charing toward him, there is now one thousand. A sharp pain begins to materialize in Tucker's abdomen. Suddenly, Tucker is floating fifteen feet above the docks of Chernogorsk, looking down on his friend Richard, all the while the large horde closes in. They jump Richard, and they begin to pile on top of him. With what little energy he has left, Richard looks up at Tucker, still floating above and screams repeatedly "WHY!... WHY!... WHY!"  

Tucker jolts awake to the sound of Mario's transmission, banging his head on the bed post. Sweat pores down his face, a result of his nightmare. A few tears run down his cheek as he depresses the PTT to respond, his voice shaken.*

"Yes? Yes what is it?! I... Do you have something important to tell me? Over."

*Tucker releases the PTT and sets the radio aside. As he waits for a response, he curls up in his bed and begins to sob.*

MGGenao    0

*he was at the door at this point. He didn't even bother to look back as he dropped a nearly finished cigar on the small puddle behind him at the door that turned out to be gasoline. Soon a fire was begining to grow as he walked away. He had heard Tucker as he was preparing the pyre but didn't answer until he was a good bit away from the burning cabin before he keyed in on the radio*

I'm breaking off from the Northern Alliance tonight, can you meet me tomorrow night? 2200, where Cortez took down that Reaper Leader? OVer.

*he released the PTT and continued walking, again not once looking behind him as the cabin burned. The identity of those three inside, burned away along with all the evidence*

DanielsTV    6

*He listens intently on the radio in his secluded house. He hears the last few transmissions, remembering voices and hearing names. He rubs his beard and presses down the PTT*

"Huh... I guess we're back..."

Sign in to follow this