Server time: 2017-10-24, 07:34
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Uber

PNG image issues

Question

Uber    3

I've recently been trying to assemble my own group. However, I've been having issues with formatting.

I can successfully see the PNG image in the section where I edit everything; however, whenever I go to preview the thread, the images become links. I was curious if this is just an issue with the "Preview" section or if I need to find a way to format the pictures differently. Any help would be great! Thanks.

15 answers to this question

Castiel    1124

/Moved to Troubleshooting

Make sure you're pasting the image address and not the actual image itself.

Paste the image address into this section:

b7a0dd2dfba330823c284b7eb2dedfc3.png

DickSlide    250

Are you inserting the PNG as images? Using the text format of ?

Uber    3

Can we see screenshots of what you mean exactly?

This is how the text box appears whenever I am typing/ editing

DickSlide    250

This is how the text box appears whenever I am typing/ editing

Do you use the text insert image link here?

Uber    3

-snip-

-snip-

I'm sorry. I accidently posted while attaching the images and then my computer gave out and I had to restart.

Anyway, this is how the image appears in the area where I edit text:

GYM9rW6.jpg

And then this is how it appears whenever I click to preview:

mrzfQN4.jpg

Castiel    1124

-

Try removing the // before the imgur link.

DickSlide    250

-

Have you tried saving it as a draft and see if the image will appear?

I have the same problem and refreshing the page does help as it is most likely that there is to many images to load on the page at a given point.

Uber    3

-

Have you tried saving it as a draft and see if the image will appear?

I have the same problem and refreshing the page does help as it is most likely that there is to many images to load on the page at a given point.

I've been editing the draft over the course of the past week and it has been giving me the same problem repeatedly. Should I try to limit my use of images?

DickSlide    250

I've been editing the draft over the course of the past week and it has been giving me the same problem repeatedly. Should I try to limit my use of images?

Yes. Limiting your usages of spoilers and images help out a bunch. Try making 2 images that are side my side into one large one.

I.E if it's a group idea the logo and title would be one image instead of two.

Also what Castiel said as well. Try right clicking the image you are trying to use and "copy image address" and use the code stated above.

Uber    3

-

Try removing the // before the imgur link.

I tried and it continued to show the link. The other image that did function seemed to work with // in the link, so I don't believe that this is the problem.

-

-

Okay cool. I will try to limit my usage for images. I'm busy for the rest of today, but later tonight I will update you on whether this works or not. Thanks for the current help.

Sofie    0

I don't think the number of images is the problem, considering I could fit them all in this post. When I copy the address of your images I'm able to make them all show, even after preview and publishing:

Are you sure you are copying the images correctly? See if the possible solution to your problem in the first spoiler works. The last spoiler shows that all the images should work. I apologise for the Norwegian language. 

Right-click the image, click "copy picture address" (kopier bildeaddresse)...

d1d1d056da9f7bf7d22d9c74c995e572.gif

Go to your post and click the image feature. Paste the image address and click insert. This is what I have done which worked for me on all your images. Like shown on the bottom of this post.

d82cd68fbf4db799a65be84f0cfdebac.gif

d8D4aTr.png

HlCqne2.pngFxFvquy.png6GwYYFO.pngqlLvRde.pngGKUeCML.pngF6xdcyQ.pngOU6FdQ1.pngGLN4RMd.png5jhkXGn.pngzvEKHnA.pngTsnOnsO.pngxi4H3VD.png

Uber    3

The problem is fixed! In my current browser, Window's Edge, I cannot use the "Copy Picture Address" function. However, it can be found on Google Chrome. I was able to upload all of the images successfully using the right browser. Thanks for the help!