Server time: 2017-10-23, 11:39
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
MSGabriel

Radio rules

MSGabriel    1

A while ago I made a thread suggesting the fallowing, now I am trying again.

1st suggestion:

To speak IC over TeamSpeak you must have a IG radio with battery. Otherwise it is powergaming to role play using something that is not even on you in the first place. (Same way people could say they have night vision and turn out gamma and brightness up to see @ dark)

Second suggestion and this one is more important.

I have seen in the player report section videos of situations where people get in a firefight with other people/groups and somehow still manage to speak over TeamSpeak as it is IC radio even if they are holding rifles and in actual firefight. So they are shooting the rifles and still manage to somehow speak as IC over Teamspeak. Unless you have 3 hands, I don't see how is that even possible. (I can give video example if needed).

Rolle    2976

The first one was suggested before, it was decided that having to find actual radio items in game was too restrictive to the group communications.

Second one, it's a technicality and just how the game works. I mean, ArmA3 or Squad are supposed to be a hardcore military simulators and there you can also keep hands on the weapon and not have to interact with the radio. I think the games are not quite there yet with the realism ;)

Keedz    0

well , its good to have it as real as it can be , but sometimes too real takes the fun away

Thumper    0

Walkie talkies sometimes have voice activation. I have a set that has ear buds and mics and work off voice. No need to PTT.

Nihoolious    1250

Its one thing to be "realistic" and then there's having no fun. It is entirely plausible that the radios we use don't need a PTT. Its fine the way it is now, after all it is game and we are here to have a good time.

Billy    0

I agree^ there's a certain point where realism just does not become fun anymore.

Sofie    0

1. Impossible to enforce. I think the idea of people only allowed to speak IC on Teamspeak when they have a radio in game is interesting. However, I sometimes play for days without stumbling across a radio. And if everyone is going to have one, it will be many people breaking this rule instead.

2. People have already mentioned ways for us to see fighting and talking on the radio at the same time more realistic. 

This might be off topic, but I have always found it unrealistic when people that are held up are able to warn their friends about them being initiated on with the 10 seconds they have as I type out *searches him for radios* //do I find any?. This being something they do with their hands up.

The Buddha    24

On using a gun and being in a firefight... You guys do realise guns are FUCKING LOUD! In a sustained firefight you are going to hear sweet fuck all in a radio. and all the other party Will hear is BANG POP BANG "CAN" BANG SHWOOOOOOO "YOU" CRACK BANG "HEAR" BANG BANG RATTA RATTTA RATTA TAT "ME?"

If you are lucky.

Keedz    0

On using a gun and being in a firefight... You guys do realise guns are FUCKING LOUD! In a sustained firefight you are going to hear sweet fuck all in a radio. and all the other party Will hear is BANG POP BANG "CAN" BANG SHWOOOOOOO "YOU" CRACK BANG "HEAR" BANG BANG RATTA RATTTA RATTA TAT "ME?"

If you are lucky.

Lmaaoo

Bran    0

I don't see why people try and fix something that isn't broken. Since there hasn't been any excessive reports for meta gaming over teamspeak, there is no need to fix it

Jimmy!    0

Back in Mod days we used to spawn with an ic radio. That functioned sort of like suggestion 1. If someone robbed you, it was part of the rules to go out and find a new one before you unmute. This was a lot easier due to Admin tools and customized loot spawns.

Standalone is a bit harsher in that aspect. Yeah walkies spawn regularly now, but the games development team likes to fuck with the loot table every patch, so to make a rule surrounding ever changing gear is problematic.

As for suggestion 2, I see that as a more petty complaint then a suggestion.

Nihoolious    1250

Back in Mod days we used to spawn with an ic radio. That functioned sort of like suggestion 1. If someone robbed you, it was part of the rules to go out and find a new one before you unmute. This was a lot easier due to Admin tools and customized loot spawns.

Let's be honest, no one ever waited until they found a new radio to unmute ts.

Jimmy!    0

Let's be honest, no one ever waited until they found a new radio to unmute ts.

reported

Uriki    0

Walkie talkies sometimes have voice activation. I have a set that has ear buds and mics and work off voice. No need to PTT.

+1