Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:26

Sign in to follow this  

Group Limit?

Hey there, before i start talking i just want to state that this isn't really a rant but rather a question of curiosity. If you look at the current groups, most have members ranging from 5 to 18 or some odd number like that. 

(I'm using Blackwood as an example, i don't have a problem with Blackwood and never will <3)

If you look at Blackwoods members, they have over 40. This raises the question of "Whats the point in having over 40 members if not all of them can get on at one time without limiting others?" or something similar. This is more of a question than anything and wondered why there was never a "group limit" implemented. 

I guess you could argue with the fact of "Half the group are from the US and the other half are from the EU, in that case, fair enough.

What are your thoughts?

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    766

We are all varying timezones and if you are someone like myself, only really play at weekends. I would hate to be limited or removed from the group due to a rule stating you can't have over 'x' amount of members.

I remember Zbor was the same however we were rarely all IG.

Nihoolious    1122

Its rare a group that big all goes online at once. Personally I wouldn't mind a group cap but there is no efficient way of enforcing it so that's out of the window. Not really much to say here Crescent bro.

-snip-

Nah, it's all good fam. But isn't there a rule in the groups section that says something like "All members of the group must be placed on the group thread". If the members list exceeds a certain number, then the excess members get removed?

Just a thought, and was wondering what people would think. That is all my good sir.

Keira    1055

I believe group caps are up to the admins and are done case by case, I believe I read that somewhere when this was asked before.

GreekGodx    122

As a member of Blackwood, going back to what Dom said, most of the members in our group vary from different time-zones. As well as the fact that people have different times where they are available to play because of IRL matters.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    766

I believe group caps are up to the admins and are done case by case, I believe I read that somewhere when this was asked before.

I think that's only if it get's out of hand or the group are not following their goals etc.

-snip-

No worries. If you want to solve this for me, ya can!

Thanks guys

Ramon    342

Hello there,

Seeing that we had the same question last week I will link the old question thread.

The link of the old question thread.

Maybe this can answer your question.

Harry    18

I never really liked big groups, as if you go ingame and the ts is not organised can be really messsy. And that usually breaks the immersion for me as people keep talking in ts, and it can get really quiet in game which makes it akward.

Keira    1055

I think that's only if it get's out of hand or the group are not following their goals etc.

If they are disruptive to other's RP! So far I do not find Blackwood to be disruptive, quite the contrary. They are always a pleasure to RP with.

Rolle    2473

I don't think limiting member count is a good idea, as long as they do not cause issues in game then it's fine. I don't think any of these groups can get all their member online at the same time, we have so many different people from different timezones.

However, like someone above mentions, it has happened in the past that if a group got too dominate in PvP on the server, either through skill or sheer numbers - the admin team stepped in and restored balance. It has happened on so few occasions though that there is no need to set a rule and limit everyone.

Hate to suck the big man's cock on this one, but he's right. Limitations ought to be placed on those causing legitimate issues, not making people spam into a server just as they have for two years now.

Also being a member of blackwood. We never are all on at the same time. A group cap would just leave people out.