Server time: 2017-08-17, 21:40

Sign in to follow this  
Shanoby

Group homeserver number in title...

Should we add group homeserver (server they mainly play on or have settlement on) number (S1,S2), if they have one, in group forums behind the group thread titles ?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add group homeserver (server they mainly play on or have settlement on) number (S1,S2), if they have one, in group forums behind the group thread titles ?

• I agree
    • I disagree (comment why?)

Shanoby    36

Should we add group homeserver (server they mainly play on or have settlement on) number (S1,S2), if they have one, in group forums behind the group thread titles ?

The thing is, we discussed the issue with friends and talking about The Map, that was added to the forums. Now as much as I dislike the map, it got us thinking... how do we know, if these groups are on S1 or S2 mainly...

I assume that usually when groups are made, they are timezone based either S1 or S2... mostly but not all... so some groups play moslty on S1 the others S2 and some on both...

Is it too bold of me to say that most groups have "homeservers"? If so, shouldn't we know on which "parallel universe" aka server  they mostly exist in?

Example: I wasted 3 days, each day 2-3 hours of my playtime up north, just to find some people... after which it turns out, they play only on S2 and not S1... well I was mad..... scanning through all the vallies and trees and houses and it turns out: "they exist on parallel universe S2 only"...

Hope you understand my issue...

As of now people just either share it in their group thread... hidden somewhere in the text... or they use word to mouth to tell people (if they have friends or groups on TS to give them that info)....

I want it to be more convenient and not waste my playtime (I walk by the way IC, 80% of the time) looking for people or hoping to bump into them and then after month of frustraition realize... they are on S2 and not S1 where I mostly play.

I can agree on this , and this wouldn't hurt anyone. I remember when Outrun had a camp somewhere. And had ''We are a S1 group''

So I +1 this..

Alex    451

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. You're gonna get all these people on this thread going "Bleh bleh metagaming" but I don't see the issue of knowing what server they on to go RP with them - realistically we're all in the one world.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    749

Its not a bad idea tbf

Slash    84

+1

Sounds like a good plan, especially for groups that own/have settlements.

And if groups play on both servers they can easily put S1/S2 in their name.

P.S add a poll.

Shanoby    36

+1

Sounds like a good plan, especially for groups that own/have settlements.

And if groups play on both servers they can easily put S1/S2 in their name.

P.S add a poll.

Good one, added poll.

Yes. +1 this wouldn't hurt. Would it? Plus its less confusion with searching for a group!

Most groups play on both. So no. It's unnecessary and people already complain that checking who is on a server is borderline/straight metagame.

So nah. Unneccessary. Find out yourself.

Bleh, sounds meta gamey

Jk +Juan

Keira    1002

I don't see why any group cannot play on both servers? I kinda understand if they have a camp on one server, but even so, I do not understand why we get so attached to camps and a few tents...

Shouldn't be required because a lot of groups play on both depending on population.

If a group wants to run the risk of getting metagamed then I suppose that's their prerogative.

Grimnir    584

As already stated, it's straight up metagame if you base your actions on the stuff written on a roup thread. On a side note most people play on both servers so, no it's not needed.

Carved_    7

I don't see why any group cannot play on both servers? I kinda understand if they have a camp on one server, but even so, I do not understand why we get so attached to camps and a few tents...

He just stated that the Info itself would be nice, if the group is having their base and their Gameplay on a specific server. Not beeing forced to play on a certain server.

Neither did he say that groups are forced to add that as an info.

And it is not Metagamed either as we are playing in one universe, thus going to a certain location where people are located would give me a 100% chance of meeting them. as this Town doesn't exist twice. while with the two servers its a 50% chance.

When people know at wich place people hang out, they should know on wich server to rpevent unnecessary Server hopping.

Keira    1002

As already stated, it's straight up metagame if you base your actions on the stuff written on a roup thread. On a side note most people play on both servers so, no it's not needed.

+1 to this

Hebi Kotei    302

This is pretty much where I stand on this suggestion, it can be used to met game groups and a lot of the groups play on both servers, I see no use to this, in my opinion.

-User has been warned for this post-

Shanoby    36

Most groups play on both. So no. It's unnecessary and people already complain that checking who is on a server is borderline/straight metagame.

1) I only assumed most groups have homeservers. People get attached to camps, IF they have them or stick to one server cos timezone or ping... it would be just less waste of time figuering out what server they play on, IF they stick mostly with one.

2) calling that metgame is pointless, cos like you said, people already check who is on server or give eacother that info when they have friends on TS.

"Find out yourself" does not add anything, is just rude way saying: "well get friends on TS who keep you up to date on the info or ask the groups yourself." (my whole point was user comfort, especially when they don't have connection like you might have, to get info)

Shouldn't be required because a lot of groups play on both depending on population.

If a group wants to run the risk of getting metagamed then I suppose that's their prerogative.

Well, my whole point was: "Should we add group homeserver (server they mainly play on or have settlement on) number (S1,S2), if they have one,"

How is that risk of metagame, you are suppose to exist in the same universe as me, yet we have 2 servers aka parallel universes?

Isn't it the other way around, player or group not wanting to reveal their "homeserver" would be avoiding RP... (jk) no but srsly, I do not see how that is meta?

Im talking for little guys here, the ones who play solo or only on one server yet hear of groups they would like to meet but cannot, because now instead of 1 Chernaurs they have to look through 2 Chernarus-s to find said people, any other way would be meta, am I right?

The ones who do not have friends on TS to ask them, if they know where can I find X group.... I thought my example is good enough to understand the issue.

I play moslty, if not exclusevly on S1 hoping to run into some poeple, but then Im told by chance on stream.... that these people play only on S2... now how is that different from friends on TS talking about it or infact that info being on forums?

EDIT: Can someone srsly explain it to me from "nay sayers" side, how is this metagaming?

Grimnir    584

Im talking for little guys here, the ones who play solo or only on 1 server yet hear of groups they would like to meet but cannot, because now instead of 1 Chernaurs they have to look through 2 Chernarus-s to find said people, any other way would be meta, am I right?

The ones who do not have friends on TS to ask them, if they know where can I find X group.... I thought my example is good enough to understand the issue.

I play moslty, if not exclusevly on S1 hoping to run into some poeple, but then Im told by chance on stream.... that these people play only on S2... now how is that different from friends on TS talking about it or infact that info being on forums?

I see where you are coming from, but there is no guarantee that only the small guys will use it. To be honest if you really want to meet a certain group IC then you should ask them in ts or via pm. If I tell a friend where I am I am basicly telling him IC where I am.

In the end I have no problem with telling people where I am, if they ask, so I can see their intentions and have a good enough reason (yours would be good enough for me).

In the end it's simply not possible to say on what server I am playing because there might be scenarios in which I will just switch.

EDIT: If you use stuff from the forums (OOC) IC then it's metagaming, I don't see how this is not clear enough.

1) I only assumed most groups have homeservers. People get attached to camps, IF they have them or stick to one server cos timezone or ping... it would be just less waste of time figuering out what server they play on, IF they stick mostly with one.

2) calling that metgame is pointless, cos like you said, people already check who is on server or give eacother that info when they have friends on TS.

"Find out yourself" does not add anything, is just rude way saying: "well get friends on TS who keep you up to date on the info or ask the groups yourself." (my whole point was user comfort, especially when they don't have connection like you might have, to get info)

Well, my whole point was: "Should we add group homeserver (server they mainly play on or have settlement on) number (S1,S2), if they have one,"

How is that risk of metagame, you are suppose to exist in the same universe as me, yet we have 2 servers aka parallel universes?

Isn't it the other way around, player or group not wanting to reveal their "homeserver" would be avoiding RP... (jk) no but srsly, I do not see how that is meta?

Im talking for little guys here, the ones who play solo or only on 1 server yet hear of groups they would like to meet but cannot, because now instead of 1 Chernaurs they have to look through 2 Chernarus-s to find said people, any other way would be meta, am I right?

Staffmembers have in the past complained and made mentions that the use of the serverlist to see who is currently online is metagaming and frowned upon. Thus it's a perfectly valid point when your suggestion would in turn oppose that ruling. 

Whether that is still an opinion that is held or not I can't say. I've been absent for a bit on Fiji.

Regardless - I don't see any reason at all for this to be specified unless a group feels they want to limit themselves to playing on one server and advertise that fact. Up to them what they do, and where they do it.

Finding out yourself is not a rude way of saying anything. You're free to interpret it in any way you like, matters not to me but the intention was not to be "rude" as there's nothing rude about it. Regardless - I don't think this will be implemented by force, and by choice any group can do so already.

+1 to this, I would like to know why people think this would be classified as metagaming anyways, it does not add any info IG from an OOC perspective, or do we suddenly live in the DC Universe where we travel between paralel universes... and we like to knowwhere the people are in a certain universe..

You can already see what server people are on anywayas; by looking on dayzspy.com. So I don't see the issue here, it would only make it easier for people to actually know what server the group(s) are on socan enjoy the rp provided by these groups.

I'm not against it

Carved_    7

+1 to this, I would like to know why people think this would be classified as metagaming anyways, it does not add any info IG from an OOC perspective, or do we suddenly live in the DC Universe where we travel between paralel universes... and we like to knowwhere the people are in a certain universe..

You can already see what server people are on anywayas; by looking on dayzspy.com. So I don't see the issue here, it would only make it easier for people to actually know what server the group(s) are on socan enjoy the rp provided by these groups.

+1