Server time: 2017-10-17, 22:13
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
MGGenao

West World (TV Series)

MGGenao    0

Decided to make this post about the new HBO show.

So far I'm digging the premise and the cast (Ed Harris?!, Jeffrey Wright, Anthony Hopkins?!). Everyone's acting is on point, the set pieces look great and they revealed enough to give you a basic grasp of the world's premise but left enough questions begging to be answered. Also great choice of music for the heist and end credits.

My verdict: Unless things get worse fast somehow, this may be one of my new top 3 shows on TV at the moment.

CorbSlayer    44

I also digged the premise and decided to give it a watch. The first episode was definitely promising and i am excited to see how the rest of the season pans out. Hopefully the show continues to impress.

MGGenao    0

I have to say, HBO has a decent track record and granted while I am discontent with the direction GoT is heading since Season 3, they did a wonderful job up until that point and Rome was an amazing series. If nothing else, I feel like this season will impress.

SpaceCowboy    229

I have to say, HBO has a decent track record and granted while I am discontent with the direction GoT is heading since Season 3, they did a wonderful job up until that point and Rome was an amazing series. If nothing else, I feel like this season will impress.

GoT started to slow burn after season 3 and since we entered the no mans land beyond the books this past season I was afraid if it would kill the rest of the show but the season came to an amazing end and restored my faith!

Now with westworld, this show looks amazing and I personally can't wait to watch! I love Anthony Hopkins as an actor and Ed Harris. As I write this I didn't realize the premiere wasn't last night so I will give a full report lateen on my thoughts :)

Albe    4

Just watched it as well, and I have to agree with you guys! Really looking forward to watching the future episodes, and so far, I love how the setting and story seems so well-considered (if that is a word).

Castiel    1124

Yeah, I've seen the trailers for this and I'm really excited to start it. :)

Alan Woods    3

Just watched the first episode! This is quite awesome and really has me up for the next ones :D

MGGenao    0

GoT started to slow burn after season 3 and since we entered the no mans land beyond the books this past season I was afraid if it would kill the rest of the show but the season came to an amazing end and restored my faith!

-snip-

Different strokes for different folks I guess but what I personally noticed is that the show has gotten lazy in the writing and misused characters like Tyrion who has nothing better to do then make eunuch jokes.

I chalk that up to more free reign on the story for D&D as they no longer have books to guide them which is why I have higher hopes for this show.

Because A) they're not the show runners and B)They're based on an earlier film and not a series of books and already established their own lore.

SpaceCowboy    229

Well that was actually kinda cool. Can't wait to see the next one

MGGenao    0

The best part of this show is also the worst and that's that I really wish this was a real place and existed!