Server time: 2018-10-15, 13:56

Sign in to follow this  
Ami.Knight

To the trolls

So basically the 3 of you just admitted you are trolls who WOULD in fact GRIEF any camp you found. DESPITE it being against server rules? That is good to know...

Also if you wanna get "REALISTIC" on this? I would shoot you the second I could see you, which is against the server rules, and also if you DID just drop all the shit you found it wouldn't vanish randomly during the day. So don't even TRY to argue the realistic thing to do here.

Uh, I don't think you know what trolling means. If you don't mind, could you explain to me what rp value your private nest of gear and goodies has? Because to me it doesn't and therefore it shouldn't matter if someone fucks it up.

Well tbh whether or not you think it has any RP value - if you are caught red handed destroying someones supplies on purpose then you better have a very good IC reasoning for it, like a war between groups. Otherwise - unless there are any other outstanding circumstances - I think that it would be considered griefing as per rules.

if I raid your tent or your barrels or whatever anyrhing I can't take I'm dumping in the woods somewhere so you can't have it.

To be honest, if I'm playing any of my bandit characters and I find a camp somewhere, I'm going to fuck it up, whether you like it or not. Its a harsh world we live in, if someone stealing your shit and destroying your camp violates your safe space then I'm not sure that Dayz is the game for you.

100% Agree if I find a random camp in the woods full of shit that I can't carry then I would burn it or ruin it to the extent that no one can use it again.

That's breaking the game rules. You're on the list now.

if I raid your tent or your barrels or whatever anyrhing I can't take I'm dumping in the woods somewhere so you can't have it.

To be honest, if I'm playing any of my bandit characters and I find a camp somewhere, I'm going to fuck it up, whether you like it or not. Its a harsh world we live in, if someone stealing your shit and destroying your camp violates your safe space then I'm not sure that Dayz is the game for you.

100% Agree if I find a random camp in the woods full of shit that I can't carry then I would burn it or ruin it to the extent that no one can use it again.

I gave them explicit permission to raid said camps.

Well tbh whether or not you think it has any RP value - if you are caught red handed destroying someones supplies on purpose then you better have a very good IC reasoning for it, like a war between groups. Otherwise - unless there are any other outstanding circumstances - I think that it would be considered griefing as per rules.

Considering you have to dump the contents of a tent or barrel to move it, and thus it would inevitably despawn (unless it's picked up), are you saying tents and barrels cannot be taken? By me dumping the contents to take the barrel or tent, I am effectively destroying the items due to game mechanics. As I previously mentioned in the thread, I'm not going to just leave a barrel just because someone's shit is in it if I can take it for myself.

Considering you have to dump the contents of a tent or barrel to move it, and thus it would inevitably despawn (unless it's picked up), are you saying tents and barrels cannot be taken? By me dumping the contents to take the barrel or tent, I am effectively destroying the items due to game mechanics. As I previously mentioned in the thread, I'm not going to just leave a barrel just because someone's shit is in it if I can take it for myself.

Of course they can be taken, if you need one then go for it. I was talking about the situation as quoted above where someone is caught griefing a camp not because they need a tent or a barrel, but just "for teh lulz", because "my character is an asshole" or "imma big boi bandit now and that's what i do".

That's what the OPs situation was, from what I understood - someone emptied the tents and left them alone.

I have to say it must suck if you are spending hours setting up a campsite only to have someone tear it down in minutes purely for shits n giggles. 

Whenever someone wants to sets up a campsite and store supplies I always give them these tips:

1- Barrels are your friends. Avoid using tents as they stick out like a sore thumb, only use them for RP reasons or store all the junk you don't want.

2 - Do not place all your stashes in the one spot. Spread them out far and wide from each other. It can be a pain having to travel across the map but you at least get the satisfaction of knowing you have other stashs should one get found.

Or you could carry the supplies on you. One of the best traders I ever came across was Jay Green the arms dealer. He never used stashs but simply hired scavengers to find him supplies if he ever died or got robbed.

Will that list included me getting called into every camp destruction report?

Will that list included me getting called into every camp destruction report?

Yes, and "accidentally" getting tempbanned for 24 hours every time, in order to allow you to respond to the report.

On topic now.

So its against the rules for me to go and steal shit from peoples camps and take their tents for myself? I can understand that purposely burning everything just to be a dick is a little far. But where do the boundries lie when it comes to griefing? I'd like this clarified to avoid any future accidental rulebreaks.

So its against the rules for me to go and steal shit from peoples camps and take their tents for myself? I can understand that purposely burning everything just to be a dick is a little far. But where do the boundries lie when it comes to griefing? I'd like this clarified to avoid any future accidental rulebreaks.

Yes it is against the rules if you do it like you said you do in your post here:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-To-the-trolls?pid=1592070#pid1592070

Boundaries vary depending on IC reasoning, purpose of destroying said camp and OOC motivation why it was done.

Wow at these people saying that if they found shit in a real zombie apocalypse that they'd burn all the shit. Like they would actually waste the time, energy, and resources to destroy and burn whatever supplies they wouldn't take. I am way too lazy for that shit. Seriously, I would just take what I want and walk away. I simply could not be bothered.

Anywho, there is a griefing rule in place so people trying to justify by saying, "Well, I'd do it in real life". Well, a role playing community is not real life.

Not a lot you can do to prove who griefed the camp sadly :( but i understand the frustration, i do not see why people would intentionaly let items despawn.

In every community, there are the dickballs who like to skirt around the rules and pray to the Lord above they don't get caught. And then they bitch when they are caught with their toe over the line. It happens in every community and the reason why I signed up for this one and joined the staff team is because they do a decent job at ensuring that the said line is emphasised properly.

Just reading the first few pages, you keep saying that chummy slummy motherfuckers like these put you off this community. What community will you go to that would be devoid of people like this? I can confidently say none in the long-term.

Throwing in subtle remarks to mock a certain group of people (whom I will not comment on because I consider some of them my friends in this community) does nothing more then to drive a greater wedge between two sides who has a different approach to playing on this server.

Shit like this happen. Oh well. Record, send it to us, we ban. Otherwise, there's nothing more we can possibly do.

I hope that my answer was alright.

In every community, there are the dickballs who like to skirt around the rules and pray to the Lord above they don't get caught. And then they bitch when they are caught with their toe over the line. It happens in every community and the reason why I signed up for this one and joined the staff team is because they do a decent job at ensuring that the said line is emphasised properly.

Just reading the first few pages, you keep saying that chummy slummy motherfuckers like these put you off this community. What community will you go to that would be devoid of people like this? I can confidently say none in the long-term.

Throwing in subtle remarks to mock a certain group of people (whom I will not comment on because I consider some of them my friends in this community) does nothing more then to drive a greater wedge between two sides who has a different approach to playing on this server.

Shit like this happen. Oh well. Record, send it to us, we ban. Otherwise, there's nothing more we can possibly do.

I hope that my answer was alright.

I fully understand, this is easily one of the least immature communities I've been apart of for any game. I'm not saying it will outright make me quit so easily, but it certainly continues adding straws to the camel's back.

As for the commenting on that specific group, i honestly didn't know they existed until they posted here and I asked one of my friends who they were.

Yeah, I can understand your pain. I've always had barrels personally, super easy to hide. Had 1-4 throughout a number of months successfully, not been found yet. I move em every week/two weeks depending on where I play, they were way up North when I played in triangle which was irritating so I moved em near Grishino then down near Prud Castle, but I found myself playing up North so I went near the Northern Alliance Trading Post accidentally which was ideal when all the PVP was happening and now being much more up in North, staying above the train track pretty much 24/7 I've moved them to an ideal location for me.

The amount of barrels I've had has gone up and down cause one glitched, one was found(was close to the good ones but had spare trash in it which was lucky) and then there was the persistence wipe on S1 and S2 accidentally so after I moved one, it got cleared(had all the contents of the other(all the rare goodies) on me which was lucky, found barrels everywhere and I've managed to keep it all down to just one barrel easy to manage etc, got one other just for spare stuff which I hold onto until I find a use, empty plate carrier w/o attatchments etc. ANYWAY, barrels are the way to go if you wanna hide your stuff.

If you're a trader and want a place to save stuff(won't really be a personal/private stash) I'd recommend hitting up with one of the public trading camp groups like Haven, or the Roamers, a kinda nomadic trading group as someone mentioned having stashes all over which works great.

I dunno, hit one of em up if you're interested in that kinda thing. But yeah, barrels my dude. ;)

Didn't one of the servers literally just have to have a persistence wipe because of stability issues...probably caused by the large amount of stashes?

Honestly I wish there wasn't container persistence anymore. Then we could go back to the days of people not hoarding shit off in the woods, worrying about camps getting griefed or destroyed/raided. Meanwhile causing server wide instability.

Pardon me if I'm off base with that assumption.

Would you be as pissed off if they did something with it?

What I mean by this is if lets say they remove all your tents. If they added some bonfires around where the tents were and then left a note saying why they did it. This is what I would have done in this situation anyways

edit : I don't say it in a mockery kind of way. Back when Outrun had their camps this happened to them and we were asked the same thing

Sorry Ami, that outright sucks. I would expect the community to be a little more mature than this, but with such a wide variety of players, there are bound to be some people who are just here to make trouble. Every inch of the map is scoured by people to, so there really is nowhere that you can hide a camp that won't eventually be found.

Hopefully the people doing this stuff get the hint and knock it off. Raiding a camp is one thing, it's a survival game, and it makes perfect sense, but just tossing crap all over the ground when it despawns is just awful. If it stayed that would be great, it would make it look raided, but that is just chock full of douchebaggery.

Yo, Irrelevant man here!

I've already commented on this thread but considering we've been name dropped a couple of times in regards to longevity of stashes and such, I thought I might drop a couple of pointers and expand on what Stradic said.

1) Barrels! Barrels Barrels Barrels! Whilst they might not have the same capacity of tents and are a bit more tricky to find, they hold the great power of 'conceal-ability'. With tents, it's a simple fact that they will be found due to how big they are, whilst with barrels, they are very easy to hide.

2) Placement. You need to be smart with your placement. Green barrels are for trees & green bush, yellow barrels are for yellow bush, & blue barrels are for the trash.

3) Spread them out. Not only will this help in hiding your stash, it also means that if on the off chance one of your barrels does get found, you won't have lost all your shit.

4) Location. This one takes a bit more trial and error, but in placing stashes try to avoid areas in the middle of nowhere. The Western and Northern forests near debug are TERRIBLE locations for stashes, mainly due to how predictable they are. You're better off hiding it in a low pop town in the middle of the map then out there. If you hide a barrel well, I can guarantee that it will increase the unlikelihood of getting found.

Despite this, you might just have some bad luck. I've run into barrels in trees just by accident, so no method is fool proof. Hope this is helpful

I said "if" I couldn't be fucked to go rummaging around by de bug to raid peoples camps so they make a thread about it, let's be real here. I would just rob someone and take their shit if I wanted to on a role playing server. But ok

One question:

Why assume it was bandits? Survivors would take for their survival as well and why,assume they left every thing to despawn? Coulda been big group l.

Well I guess that's 2 questions but oh well

Not a lot you can do to prove who griefed the camp sadly :( but i understand the frustration, i do not see why people would intentionaly let items despawn.

For the same feeling trolls get when they try to irritate somebody. It makes them feel good at the expense of somebody else.

I used to steal full camps when I found them, everything and their contents, aging though has changed this man, I'm not as young as I once was, now I take all your dank loots and leave the rest, maybe take a tent or barrel, but when I first started on the server every camp we came across I'd eat up like termites with no remorse, I was a younger man though then

I used to steal full camps when I found them, everything and their contents, aging though has changed this man, I'm not as young as I once was, now I take all your dank loots and leave the rest, maybe take a tent or barrel, but when I first started on the server every camp we came across I'd eat up like termites with no remorse, I was a younger man though then

Cant've been that much younger, you've only been here like a year.

Wow, this topic is going on quite a bit.

Personally, I try to avoid having camps. It just promotes hoarding. Also, it clogs the servers up, am sure it eventually messes with loot spawns and can desync players if it's too big. Not to mention what happened to OP. I have seen it on every server I have been on, including my own.

Personally, I will take what I need, leave stuff I don't really need but have anyway... Basically I will leave something in place of what I take. But with no need for barrels or tents, I don't take any of that stuff. I try to take stuff that is character based, Like I won't take a sweet aug or AK or that dank M4, as that doesn't suit my character (but I do miss the space saving weapon flashlight slot.). But yeah, we can find this stuff all over the place, who cares if it goes?

The only way to 100% guarantee it won't happen, is by not hoarding gear for any purpose. If you really want to be a trader, Which will really end up being "bandit victim" carry a mountain back pack stuffed with goodies. If you are lucky enough to see people before they see you, you can drop your bag in a bush, and interact with little gear, hopefully being able to return to your bag, that way you have a much higher chance of not losing all your stuff. But if they take you off for some dank torture rp, then hey you would have lost that shit anyway.