Server time: 2018-08-18, 12:17

Sign in to follow this  
Ami.Knight

To the trolls

"[...] her [...]"

Whoops. Excuse my willful ignorance, I just wrote without taking a look at your name^^.

Nevertheless I think that the misunderstanding mentioned by me causes/caused a bit of bad mood, some accusations simply refer to a topic, Ami 

didn´t complain about. 

So again, we should not complain about people being greedy for gear in this tread, because that is not the topic. The topic is about people destroying stuff on purpose without any in depth RP-reason.

Due to this fact, wrong accusations were made which led to a kind of rude conversation. Lets not forget, that it is a game.

First off, I haven't read most other responses. It's 8:15 am, so really can't be fucked reading every single one right now.

I have no issues with it. Like I'm going to NOT steal someone's tents or barrels because some invisible force might make the extra shit disappear. If I find a barrel, I'm gonna dump the contents and take the barrel. Fuck the extra stuff inside if I don't need it. I'm not going to suddenly stop because your stuff is going to despawn.

Even if such a thing were the case I could understand stealing a tent or two, especially considering some were empty. However I highly doubt someone just needed 5 tents. And even if they intended to use it for their own camp, I think completely destroying the existing camp would still fall under the griefing cover. Because otherwise anyone who wiped out a camp because they could, could argue they did it because "they needed the tents

You highly doubt someone needed five tents? If you have five tents and I decide to take all five, what makes me having the tents now suddenly questionable? Back in another group, we had one military tent, about a dozen civi tents, and a few barrels. I believe we lost them just due or lazyness of picking them up. However, I know I lost two barrels and a bunch of shit in them. Did they use everything I had in my barrels? Doubtful. But I didn't care because I should've hidden it better if I needed it. I don't question when someone else takes my shit. If I had it then I cleary "needed" it right? So what's to say someone else didn't "need" it?

And before anyone does it, don't play the "you only did it because they were offline" card. Just because no one is guarding a barrel or tent, I don't know if they're offline or simply away from their stash. I never sat down and campfired 24/7 at my stash, so there's reasonable suspicion that others don't as well.

tl;dr I take what I deem that I need. If I need your barrel, and not the stuff inside, I'm dumping the contents and making my way off with a brand new barrel. ^_^

Gonna start this one off by saying I have no fucking clue who the "Banter Brigade" is. I was referring to the people who only ever play bandits and play them poorly at that, because they think this should be a full pvp server and no rp besides theirs should exist unless it serves them in some way. Now if this describes your banter brigade then sure, the boot fits whatever.

If we were speaking about a barrel being looted and everything discarded that's one thing. I've lost countless barrels to looters, again this doesn't bother me. Now if i had like 8 barrels in one spot and you decided you "needed" them all, then you have already shown yourself to be a fucking liar and a troll. There simply is no way around it, argue with air if you want, I don't care.

The issue is a clearly defined "camp" not even just a lone tent in the woods you stumbled across. If you are making the effort to empty every single one, just so YOU can make your own camp then you are a a troll clearly trying to hide behind the rules, but at least in that unlikely scenario it will be put to rp purposes at your own camp most likely. If you loot every tent THEN PACK the tent so that it too despawns, then you are a troll who doesn't even care about rp and really has no business here.

However that is my opinion on that matter.

It isn't a matter of how hard or easy the camp was to find. my camp went over a week before being discovered. The point is what happened WHEN it was discovered. and honestly if people like you just fire shots at the person who got looted, claiming that they are just upset about gear, then DONT BOTHER POSTING ON PEOPLE'S THREADS! Because all you are doing is being just what those guys in game are. A troll.

See above reply. And if you have nothing of your own to reply with then don't post at all.

Sheesh.

The fact of the matter is there is a common theme as of late. People failing to realize that this server is not about gear, it's about the RP. I feel like a Mongoloid having to spell that out.  Take for instance all these people who call us gear whores because we rob them dry. We simply take essentials and leave the rest in a bush and move on.

On the flip side those calling us gear whores have 3+ tents full of garbage and what they fail to realize is that too many of these camps cause dysync. If anything, some caravan liberation could help the server sustainability and overall loot table cycle.

Tents and how much shit you can stuff in there shouldn't be a priority. If it is, then that's sad.

But if you would rather call me a troll for posting the obvious connection that brings all these threads together. What ever, sounds to me that you really don't have an argument and are just yelling hogwash into the moonlight.

If THAT is really the only thing you took from the OP, and from the discussion thus far then there is no point speaking to you further. I have stated already that losing gear doesn't bother me, and that being robbed doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the offline griefing/trolling. if you get initiated on, and your shit stolen, oh well, hopefully you got some good rp out of it. But if you were offline and had your char stripped of all their gear, maybe you would feel differently because you didn't even have a chance for rp.

Maybe that's what separates me from you. I could care less either way. Im going to avoid commenting further as well. You seem to be taking what I say personally instead of using it as insight.

I don't really know what your hoping to achieve from this thread. People are going to steal shit, simple. If you want I can show you a few places where you can hide your shit next time, theres a good chance no one will ever find it. Apart from me of course, but I generally don't have any interest in gear, only RP.

People are free to post whatever opinion they have when you post a thread like this in a public forum. You opened this can of worms and now your pretty much saying "Your wrong and stupid and a big doo doo head because your opinion on the matter is different from mine therefore wrong"

Please.

To correct you what I am saying is that Ignoring the topic being discussed and just attacking the poster means you should gtfo. I.E. Jimmy basically saying "stop crying all you care about is gear, if your camp can be found they should be able to grief it all they want."

And while I wouldn't think I need to say this in a "discussion" topic copying one phrase from someone else and just posting it, does not contribute at all to the topic being discussed and is no better than spamming the board. I.E Pado's post.

Welp alright. Homie dont want war but....

Just had my camp raided again. I don't mind losing a couple items now and then because there really isn't anywhere to hide a camp that it will never be found, but I am sick and tired of these dammed trolls who just empty all the tents and leave everything to despawn with the reset. Personally I don't see why this would be allowed or tolerated in a fucking rp server at all.

Before the bandit brigade jumps in and starts trying to argue, I am NOT saying that raiding camps should be against the rules, but there should definitely a fucking limit to what you are allowed to do. It's borderline meta to just leave shit on the ground knowing that a server reset will wipe it, there is NO rp reason for you to do it. I know you will try to defend yourself saying "It's my character, he's a bandit/asshole." It's not your character, at that point YOU are being an asshole.

Now to address the WAVES of bandits who are going to say "RP>gear" I play a trader, gear is my rp at this point. IT doesn't matter if I am running around in jeans and a tshirt personally but when I have nothing to trade I got no fucking point in trying to rp my character the way I want to.

Bottom line, this crap does nothing to promote rp, its a fucking pub tactic that does nothing but ruin a player's night destroy potential rp, and let the trolls feel smug because there is no way to prove they did it unless you catch them in the act.

TLDR: If you destroy a camp just because you can, you can also go back to your pub server.

So first off, this entire thread is simply about you complaining about how someone raided your camp, pure and simple, you can call it what you want, but you lost your shit because someone found it and you came to the forums to complain or find solace in other peoples matching opinion. So you indeed do give a fuck about losing your items because you posted this in the first place. Second, to call someone a 'troll' for destroying a camp is merely an opinion. Im my experience, its denying a possible hostile force resources, If I come across 40 tents filled with huge amounts of items that can be used to literally re-gear an army then I'm going to fuck that shit up because chances are one of the bullets or guns in these tents will most likely be used to shoot at me, one of my friends or at some poor fucker in the near future. Now I dont know the size of your stash, but If I was the person I would do everything in my power to deny a possible hostile force any advantage...plus I've been seeing some crazy loot stashes of like 15+ tents around lately. Next I'd like to address 'Bandit Brigade' what a novel, cute term you've used here, I wonder if your referencing the one true Brigade that is among this community? If so its a clever little stab but I'd prefer if you call us by our true name: The Banter Brigade. Moving right along in this post, you say that pulling things out of tents and waiting for the server to wipe them is borderline metagaming? Well to be fair, in a real situation if someone found your camp undefended, they would take EVERYTHING, however because I have no need for the 40 pairs of pants you've acquired for RP reasons, or the 15 M4's for like reasons, along with the fact that I have no room for all that shit, its only fair that some of it is 'taken' by the raiders, aka its tossed away. Call it the 'Raders Tax'.

To say that you are a 'trader' and that 'Gear is my RP' is laughable and a silly attempt to reason to people that you need those 6 M4's, 12 SVD's or 40 pairs of pants for 'RP purposes' Its a farce and I laugh everytime I hear someone say 'Gear is my RP' Because you dont need that shit to RP a character, your character should have more to them then simply this fellow:

522450-merchant_super.jpeg

Your character has no backstory? no driving focus? no goals, no dreams, no desires? they simply wish to mindlessly trade insignificant goods to random strangers at a arbitrary cost? Pardon me but that seems like no fun at all.

So, to correct you, Saying what Jimmy has said is well within his rights, its his opinion on the matter you have posted.

TLDR: If you think you can aquire 40 tents full of shit and expect it not to get raided, you might want to play on a server by yourself.

Grats, you just quoted my whole post without reading a word of it.

Before the bandit brigade jumps in and starts trying to argue..

TLDR: If you destroy a camp just because you can, you can also go back to your pub server.

Its Banter Brigade, not bandit brigade...

Now, throwing stuff out is just as much roleplay as not. Look at this way...you know someone was there. But, Im a hero character now so I wouldnt rob you of your supplies. Personally i just take small pieces, that way I can keep coming back. Now, wouldnt it be perfectly good roleplay if whoever it is is another trader? Maybe they are trying to ruin you. Maybe they are bandits who want to watch the world burn and let you die. There are countless reasons and all of them perfectly acceptable to roleplay.

Sorry to miss your post but I can counter that very argument with rules put in place to PROTECT roleplay. It's the reason you aren't allowed to go around killing people JUST because you're a "cannibal" and want to eat them, it's why you can't execute a hostage JUST because you're an "bandit"  and don't care about them, and its the reason you can't run around in the populated town yelling "I'm a banana!" JUST because you're character is a "psycho"

Dude, every base/camp will be found eventually, it's just a matter of time. It has happened to me before but I didn't race to the forums to complain when it happened.

Yeah pretty much this

Dude, every base/camp will be found eventually, it's just a matter of time. It has happened to me before but I didn't race to the forums to complain when it happened.

Yeah pretty much this

Well you kinda miss the point though. I know it will be found. MY camp was robbed, sacked, then reset, then robbed again now sacked again. I've lost about 7 barrels across chernarus in the last week. This is the first time I'm bringing it up because of the way it was done. People stealing shit from the camp isn't the problem here for me, good for them they made off with all my 5.56 ammo and a plate carrier. IT puts be a bit behind on an order but oh well. if someone hit my tent and looted the only rifle I had in there, oh well they have a nice gun now and I have to find another for my client. The issue is the griefing of the camp. ransacking everything just to make sure it gets deleted. THAT is the problem. not only do I have to start over for anyone I was making an order for and ruining that rp, but now I have to spend the time again to find some way to stash the ordered stuff I can no longer carry because the person I was delivering to isn't online. Which completely FUCKS my rp.

Well you kinda miss the point though. I know it will be found. MY camp was robbed, sacked, then reset, then robbed again now sacked again. I've lost about 7 barrels across chernarus in the last week. This is the first time I'm bringing it up because of the way it was done. People stealing shit from the camp isn't the problem here for me, good for them they made off with all my 5.56 ammo and a plate carrier. IT puts be a bit behind on an order but oh well. if someone hit my tent and looted the only rifle I had in there, oh well they have a nice gun now and I have to find another for my client. The issue is the griefing of the camp. ransacking everything just to make sure it gets deleted. THAT is the problem. not only do I have to start over for anyone I was making an order for and ruining that rp, but now I have to spend the time again to find some way to stash the ordered stuff I can no longer carry because the person I was delivering to isn't online. Which completely FUCKS my rp.

Then adjust your playstyle to what the server hits you with. If your stuff gets stolen/taken away/griefed, whatever, then consider it as RP. Your camp got raided, so what would a clever person do? Adjust. Keep stuff on you that's important for a delivery/trader or whatever. I've played my fair share of trader characters, too. And what I've learned is to keep the stuff you're selling on you. Standalone has way more unreliable stashes compared to the ArmA2 mod we had back in the day. That's why I don't rely on stashes, because they are too easy to find most of the time anyways. If you're playing a trader, then utilize the ability to carry a backpack in your hands. That can give you another 35 slots. Can't shoot back anymore? Well, hire guards then, there's enough militias and contractor groups out there. Pay them in ammo, or whatever they might need and there you go: you created a nice dynamic group which contributes to everybody's roleplay rather than stashing everything away. Just like in real life, trying to build up such a business as a trader/scaver is, is hard to do alone. Pick up some allies on the go and form a cooperation. Easy.

Just because somebody steals my Sedan which took me 6 hours to fix, it's not going to ruin my RP as a post apocalyptic taxi driver. Do I complain about it on the forums? No. Why? Because this is literally part of a survival game: to adapt and continue, regardless of what's thrown against you. Adapt or go down. Basic law of survival right there. Interaction and the randomness that comes with a survival multiplayer game are what makes it difficult and interesting. Just because this is a RP server doesn't mean you will be able to RP everything you want to. Other people are and always will be a factor, and they can and will crush your ideas, because they have no real basis in this game's scenario.

To anybody that fails to realize this and rather throws a fit about it on the forums I can only say: "Stay mad".

As another person who is in a group that has actively run a number of camps over the past few months, I have to say that unfortunately, this cannot be avoided. The camps that my group varied in popularity, but even at our lowest point, when nearly noone knew our camp location, it was still found and still robbed. Was it annoying? Sure. Did we get mad about it? No. You must expect things like this if you are going to set up a camp as there is no real way to prevent it. There were times where we would wake up in the morning and find that someone had dumped all of the shit from our tents on to the ground and we had just logged on in time to save them. Other times, we would log on and find nearly all of our tents were just gone. It is unavoidable and must be expected. The most you can do is hide them as well as possible, perhaps even spread them out if you are not going to have this camp open to others.

People are not going to always follow the rules, especially when they know that the chances of them getting caught/banned are virtually nonexistent. Good luck with your camp, if you do decide to pursue it.

Then adjust your playstyle to what the server hits you with. If your stuff gets stolen/taken away/griefed, whatever, then consider it as RP. Your camp got raided, so what would a clever person do? Adjust. Keep stuff on you that's important for a delivery/trader or whatever. I've played my fair share of trader characters, too. And what I've learned is to keep the stuff you're selling on you. Standalone has way more unreliable stashes compared to the ArmA2 mod we had back in the day. That's why I don't rely on stashes, because they are too easy to find most of the time anyways. If you're playing a trader, then utilize the ability to carry a backpack in your hands. That can give you another 35 slots. Can't shoot back anymore? Well, hire guards then, there's enough militias and contractor groups out there. Pay them in ammo, or whatever they might need and there you go: you created a nice dynamic group which contributes to everybody's roleplay rather than stashing everything away. Just like in real life, trying to build up such a business as a trader/scaver is, is hard to do alone. Pick up some allies on the go and form a cooperation. Easy.

Just because somebody steals my Sedan which took me 6 hours to fix, it's not going to ruin my RP as a post apocalyptic taxi driver. Do I complain about it on the forums? No. Why? Because this is literally part of a survival game: to adapt and continue, regardless of what's thrown against you. Adapt or go down. Basic law of survival right there. Interaction and the randomness that comes with a survival multiplayer game are what makes it difficult and interesting. Just because this is a RP server doesn't mean you will be able to RP everything you want to. Other people are and always will be a factor, and they can and will crush your ideas, because they have no real basis in this game's scenario.

To anybody that fails to realize this and rather throws a fit about it on the forums I can only say: "Stay mad".

Grats, you are the first one of them that makes any sense. Also the first I agree with for the most part. I have most of the delivery items kept on me, and I have been working to recruit guards and other traders and stuff. It's made rp quite interesting to say the least. However once again the problem isn't the fact that someone robbed me. It is the fact that someone completely destroyed Everything for no other reason than they could, and they did it against existing rules.

IT's like your own example. If someone stole your car that's one thing. However if someone just lit you up as you drove past just so you couldn't have a car anymore, that's another issue entirely. It's not only being done just to ruin your planned rp, but it was done so against the rules put in place to PROTECT your rp.

Now if i had like 8 barrels in one spot and you decided you "needed" them all, then you have already shown yourself to be a fucking liar and a troll.

So what if I want to start my own camp with my lads and I bump into your's and take all the barrels and tents? Am I still a troll?

There are actually zero rules that protect your camp. ZERO. 'Roleplay at all times' doesnt even protect it cause you dont know why they did it. Please stop saying that there is. There are no rules against it because there is no way to track and punish the 'offenders'.

Before the bandit brigade jumps in and starts trying to argue

Woah didn't expect that tbh.

On a side note, it's greifing to leave stuff to despawn so if you catch someone doing it you can report it

apart from that there isn't anything you can do against it, unless you catch them red handed. 

I know it sucks but some think it's funny. unless the whitelist becomes 500 times harder, there won't be any changes happening.

Now if i had like 8 barrels in one spot and you decided you "needed" them all, then you have already shown yourself to be a fucking liar and a troll.

So what if I want to start my own camp with my lads and I bump into your's and take all the barrels and tents? Am I still a troll?

I believe I covered that about two lines further down in that same paragraph.

You keep using this "rules protect your RP." This isn't a care bear server where nothing bad can ever happen to you or your gear. I get you don't wanna get proven wrong, but it's a tad late for that. I think this thread has served it's purpose when everyone who disagrees either doesn't make a point or is a troll in your opinion. Valid answers have been given. Take it or leave it. Either way, stay mad.

There are actually zero rules that protect your camp. ZERO. 'Roleplay at all times' doesnt even protect it cause you dont know why they did it. Please stop saying that there is. There are no rules against it because there is no way to track and punish the 'offenders'.

Actually, there is and it is called griefing. If someone takes items of your tents/barrels in order to make them despawn and has no IC reason then that is considered griefing. But you are 100% right, it is hard to enforce.

"The rule against griefing is already in place, however to enforce it we need proof, which is very difficult to obtain since the griefers have to be caught red-handed as we don't have any loot logs yet." ~Rolle

It's back on page one.

So if I need to make my own camp of your tents and barrels, I am considered a troll? I don't understand. I am roleplaying and doing what my character would.

Grats, you are the first one of them that makes any sense. Also the first I agree with for the most part. I have most of the delivery items kept on me, and I have been working to recruit guards and other traders and stuff. It's made rp quite interesting to say the least. However once again the problem isn't the fact that someone robbed me. It is the fact that someone completely destroyed Everything for no other reason than they could, and they did it against existing rules.

I appreciate the compliment.

However you are also seemingly missing a point:

It's like your own example. If someone stole your car that's one thing. However if someone just lit you up as you drove past just so you couldn't have a car anymore, that's another issue entirely. It's not only being done just to ruin your planned rp, but it was done so against the rules put in place to PROTECT your rp.

While yes, this would indeed be breaking the rules, because it'd be KoS. A scenario we have specific rules against. Will it ruin my RP? Well, it'll hinder it, yeah, but I won't stop roleplaying because of that. I'll use it for my roleplay, actually. I got "lit up"? Well, shame. my taxi driving business got ambushed and while car is wrecked, I made it out of there alive. Now I could rally up my friends and go on a hunt for those shooters. And voila, story progression.

Rule breaks happen. It's one thing to be upset about and report those, and another thing to live and continue role playing with them. The later being the desirable one.

Actually, there is and it is called griefing. If someone takes items of your tents/barrels in order to make them despawn and has no IC reason then that is considered griefing. But you are 100% right, it is hard to enforce.

"The rule against griefing is already in place, however to enforce it we need proof, which is very difficult to obtain since the griefers have to be caught red-handed as we don't have any loot logs yet." ~Rolle

It's back on page one.

*control+f looking for rule*

0218e9bf01.jpg

There it is...the only mention. And there is literally no way to enforce this even if you catch them red handed. If they come up with a half-assed roleplay reason why, its word vs. Word at best.

There it is...the only mention. And there is literally no way to enforce this even if you catch them red handed. If they come up with a half-assed roleplay reason why, its word vs. Word at best.

You are right, but the rule is still there, so if people do not lie about it and say "Yeah we did it because we wanted OOCly" then they'd get punish for it.

You keep using this "rules protect your RP." This isn't a care bear server where nothing bad can ever happen to you or your gear. I get you don't wanna get proven wrong, but it's a tad late for that. I think this thread has served it's purpose when everyone who disagrees either doesn't make a point or is a troll in your opinion. Valid answers have been given. Take it or leave it. Either way, stay mad.

'Let me sum up your previous argument. "I want your shit, I'm going to take your shit." Which is plenty valid in most situation however does not have much standing considering the topic of discussion being the GRIEFING of camps. You're the first one to bring up anything about carebears so I can only assume you have not read anything thus far. Prime example being the multiple times stated that I don't care about getting robbed etc etc. But whatever Fam. You do you,and ill just continue making a point.

So if I need to make my own camp of your tents and barrels, I am considered a troll? I don't understand. I am roleplaying and doing what my character would.

Personally yeah I would see this as trolling, and would fully support a rule against it if we ever get the ability to track it. Stealing a tent or two sure whatever. However completely destroying someone's camp just to make your own camp... I would honestly lump that in the same pile as stealing all of another character's clothes during a robbery and making them run off in their underwear.

You are right, but the rule is still there, so if people do not lie about it and say "Yeah we did it because we wanted OOCly" then they'd get punish for it.

But who...nevermind. You are right. Someone would say that.

I would honestly lump that in the same pile as stealing all of another character's clothes during a robbery and making them run off in their underwear.

Which is also allowed as long as you have a valid IC reason.